rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just got offered at job at Retail Clothing store.

So I just got back from the mall where I bought a new pair of boots at Buckle. The employees were having fun helping me pick up the pair of boots I wanted and thought I would be a good employee there.

I already have a day job making fair wages so I don't really need the money but I was wondering if you thought it would be a good way to expand my social circle and try to pick up on girls on the job.

I know I would have to keep the picking up the customers while on the clock to a minimum but I was wondering if you guys thought it may be worth it?

I really dont have anything to lose and the field of work I am in I am surrounded by other men all day so I dont really have a chance to pick up women that often.

Depending on how old you are, that place could be good for a) meeting younger girls b) improving social skills aka. being a salesman and c) improving your own wardrobe, if you're into that kind of fashion. A friend of mine worked for Nordstrom for a while and his wardrobe/fashion sense is impeccable. Every time we go out, he gets compliments on his clothes.

Quote: (09-02-2013 05:52 PM)one-two Wrote:  

Depending on how old you are, that place could be good for a) meeting younger girls b) improving social skills aka. being a salesman and c) improving your own wardrobe, if you're into that kind of fashion. A friend of mine worked for Nordstrom for a while and his wardrobe/fashion sense is impeccable. Every time we go out, he gets compliments on his clothes.

I just turned 26. About half the employees seemed to be my age (25-30 range) and the other half were the 18-24 range so I didn't seem too old at all. The women helping me out was 27.

Buckle seems to be all over the place on what kind of clothing they are so some of it I do like but some of it definitely isn't for me. I just bought boots there that I really liked.

Buckle styles vary but are neat sometimes. If they ever get back that Op-Art Mummy t-shirt or have one that you happen upon in the warehouse, I'll eat my own wiener on camera for it.

How does it compare to other part time jobs? How does it compare to say moonlighting as a bartender?

Quote: (09-02-2013 07:00 PM)Pyre Wrote:  

How does it compare to other part time jobs? How does it compare to say moonlighting as a bartender?

Not really sure since I have worked the same job for the past 6 years and before that I worked as a cook for 6 months and that has been my only job experience. While I was a cook I was super shy and scared of girls so I never really turn that into anything and my current job that I have been doing since I was 20 has just about 0 chance of gaming girls because the job is full of men and the women who are in this career field are not women you would want to ever sleep with.

I took a part-time retail at a high end retail clothing store. Like one-two sated previously, my employee discount got me some nice additions to my wardrobe, it helps my conversation skills and my approach, and I get decent pay for part time retail work.

Quote: (09-02-2013 07:31 PM)murrb Wrote:  

Quote: (09-02-2013 07:00 PM)Pyre Wrote:  

Not really sure since I have worked the same job for the past 6 years and before that I worked as a cook for 6 months and that has been my only job experience. While I was a cook I was super shy and scared of girls so I never really turn that into anything and my current job that I have been doing since I was 20 has just about 0 chance of gaming girls because the job is full of men and the women who are in this career field are not women you would want to ever sleep with.

So do it!! Do it for 8 weeks then make a decision to continue or not. After 8 wks you can always give them something like you're other commitments take priority if you're not seeing the socialization results you want.

There's a plethora of girls at Buckle and similar places and they're all part of the in-crowd, which is by nature pretty slutty.