rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Isolating while rolling DOLO

so i went out for the first time last time rolling dolo. i had tried it a few times in the past, but ended up turning around before i got to the bar, or i didn't actually talk to any girls and left quickly.

last night i showed up around 11:30, which is pretty late in san jose. the numbers are already bad there in a legendary way, as far as guy-girl proportions go, but stayed until about 1, which was last call at this particular place.

i wandered first when i got there, then saw two 22-ish year old girls sitting at a large round table by themselves in the middle of the bar, so sat down next to the cuter one. my first feeling was to engage immediately. however the fact she didn't look over, and the two had no alcohol in hand (and weren't trying to get any), and they were leaning in in an apparently deep conversation AND this gut in my feeling to play it cool, i didn't engage. i ignored, sat and drank my beer, looking away, playing with my phone.

within the first 90 seconds, the cute girl looked over and obviously checked me out, like why is this guy sitting here. i was purposefully looking away. she went back to the conversation. i think she was a little intrigued, not not really much at all. more just checking for creepiness it seemed like, like she wasn't looking for guys.

anyways, they were 22 year olds. we talked, and they tried enough, but they were just kinda dumb, and couldn't really hold a conversation. they were interested enough, but not really. finally, after 15 minutes or so, they got up and left me sitting at the table.

i only did one other approach, and this one went very well, two girls about 25 (i'm 25), talked to them for maybe 45 mins. some differences were they were standing, and i was walking through the crowd when i stopped to talk to them. i approached the chubbier one first, and started immediately talking to the cute one. the chubby one thought i was going to hit on her, so she was totally engaged in the conversation, loving any attention i occasionally threw her way. the cute one was touching my body numerous times. i only started lightly touching her arm towards the end because i didn't think i could escalate with her friend right there. i ended up just getting both their numbers, and all of us left the bar right after that, not together though. it felt right, like a success, but i was left wondering how i could possibly have more success while rolling DOLO, how do i isolate when girls are never by themselves? ideally, should have invited them both back and gone for the threesome, but they weren't drinking much, and my game is not at that level yet

interesting note: i went home and fucked a kinda fatty who i fucked twice before. she was in another city, but came to visit me. right before i talked to the two 25 years olds i gotta txt begging me to fuck her later that night. i think that helped my frame, and was able to confidently look the hot 25 year old straight in the eye, kinda eye-fucking her. it felt good to have her touching my arm and chest, and because of that the night felt like a total success. like i can def. roll dolo again.

since this is the newbie forum, i just want to say that success builds on itself. i'm not proud of the fatty fuck, but i know that getting something is better for my frame than going through a long dry spell after breaking up with my hot ex a few months back.

Hey I give you props for rolling dolo. I still haven't been able to do that yet and it sucks when all of your friends are happily wifed up.

Quote: (08-31-2013 02:45 PM)godofwar Wrote:  

but i was left wondering how i could possibly have more success while rolling DOLO, how do i isolate when girls are never by themselves?

in the venue you can either find a guy to occupy other girl and then turn girls girls away from each other [you got isolation cause they don't see each other] or you game all girls and leave with one when night is over.

as for pulling, i prefer to stick to girl's group and leave with her at the end of the night to go to private place for an afterparty etc. it's more 'organic' than trying stealing/isolating from her group to disappear into the night.

logistically, SNL is a combo of girl's friends approval and her disposition that night so why not screen for her availability early on and befriend her friends.

My most effective strategy for going solo was:

1. Find a bar that draws a decent sized crowd.
2. Post up close to or preferably right AT the bar.
3. Wait for girls to come up and order their drinks.
4. Run your game while they're waiting for their drink.

You can do tons of approaches this way without ever leaving your spot. Just make sure you tip well, so the bartender is cool with you and what you're doing. Even if you don't end up pulling straight from the bar while you're sitting there, you should have several solid options to re-engage later on when your targets are likely less inhibited.

Quote: (09-01-2013 09:42 PM)CJ Wrote:  

My most effective strategy for going solo was:

1. Find a bar that draws a decent sized crowd.
2. Post up close to or preferably right AT the bar.
3. Wait for girls to come up and order their drinks.
4. Run your game while they're waiting for their drink.

You can do tons of approaches this way without ever leaving your spot. Just make sure you tip well, so the bartender is cool with you and what you're doing. Even if you don't end up pulling straight from the bar while you're sitting there, you should have several solid options to re-engage later on when your targets are likely less inhibited.

+1. It's amazing how long it took me to get it into my head that this is really all you have to fucking do.

When I first started going alone to places, I would get weirded out posting up at the same spot and not doing anything but hollering at girls for hours at a time (or talking to bartenders, but if there's a good-size crowd at a place there's a good chance they'll be busy). I would psyche myself out and convince myself that I had to go to a different part of the bar or change venues altogether in order to avoid being labeled "that guy."

Well guess what, I started sticking to my spot anyway and I saw no evidence whatsoever that anybody thought that other than myself. The bitchy questions from girls I imagined asking why I was standing there hitting on everything within 5 feet of me never came.

As long as there's a decent number of people at a place, nobody knows or cares about you posting up at the bar calmly sipping your drink. When girls come up next to me to order their drink, 90% of the time they weren't aware of my existence until I tapped them on the shoulder and hit them with my opener, even though I've literally been standing there all goddamn night. (And think about it, even if they did see you hitting on girls and had a problem with it, do you think they would then stand right next to you at the bar to order a drink?)

Trust me, it really is all in your head. I've been there, been just as skeptical as anyone, and been proven wrong. Just find your spot to post up, get your drink, tip well, and approach as desired. You are not that guy, unless you mean that guy who's about to get his dick wet.

This video by Roosh has some more great tips on this:

Quote: (09-01-2013 10:15 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

+1. It's amazing how long it took me to get it into my head that this is really all you have to fucking do.

money. i need to do this, instead of doing laps. i felt like i couldn't just sit or stand in one place without everyone looking at me. but fuck it, no one gives a shit, and if they do, whatever. its about the mission

Quote: (09-02-2013 03:06 PM)godofwar Wrote:  

money. i need to do this, instead of doing laps. i felt like i couldn't just sit or stand in one place without everyone looking at me. but fuck it, no one gives a shit, and if they do, whatever. its about the mission

Yeah, and ironically you stand out much more if you wander around the bar than if you stay in one spot. It just feels like the opposite because being out alone in an environment where most people around you are with a social group makes you feel like you should constantly be "doing something." It takes a good amount of self-awareness to realize this.

I don't really roll solo, but many times throughout the night I end up on my own without having to depend on my friends.

Oddly enough, these are the times I do best.

I find these are the situations where isolating her to talk, escalate, or dance are best:
- She is by herself, usually separated from her friends
- She really likes you
- Her friends like you

Usually these are tied to each other. For instance, if she is separated from her friends, she is looking for them hence she must like you to stay and give you a chance to game her a bit. Her friends will probably find her at some point if you were able to keep her around so her friends must see you as a cool guy to avoid trying to pull her away.

Problem is, having all of these present are not ideal game conditions.

For me the most likely scenario is the girl likes me, but she is with her friends who might not be too fond of me at the start.

I hesitate sometimes when it's just a two girl group on the dance floor, because if I pull one in to dance the other is just hanging on her own. I usually spin her around a bit too to show I'm fun, but she isn't my focus.

I do remember once though I pulled one of these girls to dance. She really liked me and her friend didn't. Instead of cockblocking, she told her she was just going to be at the bar, despite me trying to include her in our dance for fun. She isolated us for me and some other guy started conversation with her, effectively winging me. It was a scenario that was win-win for all of us.

Quote: (09-02-2013 04:02 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Quote: (09-02-2013 03:06 PM)godofwar Wrote:  

Yeah, and ironically you stand out much more if you wander around the bar than if you stay in one spot. It just feels like the opposite because being out alone in an environment where most people around you are with a social group makes you feel like you should constantly be "doing something." It takes a good amount of self-awareness to realize this.

I should also mention, I usually wear a black t and jeans or something equally inconspicuous that doesn't make me stand out when I go out solo. I know some guys preach the suit & tie thing, but that doesn't work at the college and dive bars I frequent. Instead, I try to just blend into the scene like a snake hiding in the grass.