rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

STD or UTI?

STD or UTI?

So it's randomly started to burn a little when I pee, but there are no other potential signs of an STI...

Should I go get tested right now?

STD or UTI?

It might be something new in your diet. Every once in a while I get a random burn but it's very slight, but enough to make you wonder. Then it just disappears. If it's just a slight burn and doesn't happen all the time I wouldn't worry too much about it myself, but I am not a doctor and I think we are own best Dr's, so trust your instincts.

STD or UTI?

Quote: (08-21-2013 07:59 AM)BecomingMachine Wrote:  

So it's randomly started to burn a little when I pee, but there are no other potential signs of an STI...

Absolutely get tested and the only reason I see you not getting tested if you don't have Insurance, even in that case if you are a student you can go Student health center or a State Run Hospital and get tested for free. An Urgent Treatment Center shouldn't charge you more then $ 50 for Urinary Testing.

There is no way to know until you give a little more History : Did U bang a Shank in the last week rawdogging .... Do tell [Image: smile.gif], Does the Urine Smell really bad ? Cloudy in color ? Any Pus ?

If it is a UTI, it's a Simple fix with Antibiotic which if left untreated can lead to more severe complications, Not trying to scare you but you shouldn't take it lightly when it comes to health of the sexual organs.

Quote: (08-21-2013 08:49 AM)Onto Wrote:  

It might be something new in your diet. Every once in a while I get a random burn but it's very slight, but enough to make you wonder. Then it just disappears. If it's just a slight burn and doesn't happen all the time I wouldn't worry too much about it myself, but I am not a doctor and I think we are own best Dr's, so trust your instincts.

Onto bad advice my friend ...... OP should get tested period.

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

STD or UTI?

Quote: (08-21-2013 10:24 AM)Lothario Wrote:  

Absolutely get tested and the only reason I see you not getting tested if you don't have Insurance, even in that case if you are a student you can go Student health center or a State Run Hospital and get tested for free. An Urgent Treatment Center shouldn't charge you more then $ 50 for Urinary Testing.

There is no way to know until you give a little more History : Did U bang a Shank in the last week rawdogging .... Do tell [Image: smile.gif], Does the Urine Smell really bad ? Cloudy in color ? Any Pus ?

If it is a UTI, it's a Simple fix with Antibiotic which if left untreated can lead to more severe complications, Not trying to scare you but you shouldn't take it lightly when it comes to health of the sexual organs.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm no doctor, I just wouldn't want to experience the old Q-tip up the urethrea unless I absolutely had too.

STD or UTI?

Quote: (08-21-2013 10:24 AM)Lothario Wrote:  

I am a student but my fucking Baptist ass school doesn't do these tests. There's a state clinic that charges like $10 for blood tests... I'm about to get my happy ass down there. Thanks for the advice!

Yes I was raw dogging the fuck out of some pretty decent tail my last few days in Berlin, then had a bout of breakup sex when I got home and the curious, slight burn has begun since then. I've read a rapid change in sexual habits can cause this as well as not peeing after sex but I really don't want my dick to rot off. Thanks for the advice, I'm going today!

STD or UTI?

I got chlamydia last summer and it burned pretty much every time I pissed.

Once in a while I get a random burn like Onto, but not like when I had chlamydia.

Either way, go piss in a cup. If you have something, a doctor will just give you a pill to pop and you're golden.

STD or UTI?

You won't get a Q-tip up your urethra.

I will echo Lothario's post--you should get tested if you have any concerns. UTIs are associated with sex, but are not sexually transmitted. They're rare in men than women, because the urinary tract is longer in a male. In any case, a quick urinalysis at urgent care won't set you back anything, but will give you a peace of mind. If you leave the dysuria and it is a UTI, then you run the risk of a kidney infection and possible sepsis.

STD tests are cheap too. Dysuria is a common symptom and could be anything--from urethritis, to a UTI, to chlamydia or gonorrhea. Best to get it checked.

STD or UTI?

It is very unusual for a male to get a UTI, I doubt it's that.

You should go get tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and HIV at the minimum. (Not that it's likely you have HIV, but it's worth checking because it's a cheap test and it makes a huge difference if it's positive. It's a standard part of most STI screens.)

STD or UTI?

Quote: (08-21-2013 07:31 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

You should go get tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and HIV at the minimum. (Not that it's likely you have HIV, but it's worth checking because it's a cheap test and it makes a huge difference if it's positive. It's a standard part of most STI screens.)

Clinics near me are quoting prices of like $200 for 8 panel tests? Now I know it's hard to put a price on piece of mind but I can't do that right now (nor anytime soon). Looks like it's time to call health insurance and see how that works with this.

Will post my experience in case anyone else is in this situation and doesn't feel like asking these questions to anyone who knows their real identity.

STD or UTI?

Quote: (08-22-2013 11:38 AM)BecomingMachine Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2013 07:31 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Clinics near me are quoting prices of like $200 for 8 panel tests? Now I know it's hard to put a price on piece of mind but I can't do that right now (nor anytime soon). Looks like it's time to call health insurance and see how that works with this.

Will post my experience in case anyone else is in this situation and doesn't feel like asking these questions to anyone who knows their real identity.

Looking at this thread makes me feel pretty lucky to live in the UK where the trip to the clinic and all the tests are free

STD or UTI?

Ponied up and paid around 250 for all the tests. Trust me if you can swing the $ do it. I think Tuth said in another post somewhere this stuff messes with your head. Once you get the all clear you feel like a million bucks. Although I do have occasional burning when I urinate but it's not painful.

STD or UTI?

Quote: (08-21-2013 10:42 AM)BecomingMachine Wrote:  

I am a student but my fucking Baptist ass school doesn't do these tests. There's a state clinic that charges like $10 for blood tests... I'm about to get my happy ass down there. Thanks for the advice!

Yes I was raw dogging the fuck out of some pretty decent tail my last few days in Berlin, then had a bout of breakup sex when I got home and the curious, slight burn has begun since then. I've read a rapid change in sexual habits can cause this as well as not peeing after sex but I really don't want my dick to rot off. Thanks for the advice, I'm going today!

Jesus Christ shall protect thee from all evils.

Seriously though, probably caught something. If you guys just broke up, it is extremely likley she went out and banged a couple of random dudes. Sad but true.

Go get tested.

STD or UTI?

I found out about some mobile clinic that tests for the major STD'S for free. You need to get tested at least once a year if you're putting your dick out there like that. Go to a ghetto clinic and pay $50 at the most if there's no free place around. I've paid a few hundred for tests at nice, doctor's offices and also gone ghetto. It's the same exact shit; piss in a cup and get blood drawn. I don't even think q tips exist anymore for the dick hole lol [Image: shudder.gif]

STD or UTI?

So, note to users of this forum, don't put lube IN condoms.

Second of all, it will be two weeks before conclusive lab results come in, but the nurse said I'm good. You have to wait about two hours (if you're the first person at the clinic) but net cost was $20 (rest is state subsidized). Consider it getting paid $100 an hour to read, the tests are expensive. I got stuck with a needle, cotton swabbed in the pee hole, and then had to pee in a cup. Then I had a "Risk Consultation Assessment" where they asked a bunch of questions that would make Roosh blush, and gave blanket advice like "Slow Down!" and "Always use condoms!" Mildly hot nurses. Were receptive to my charms.

All in all I'd do it again and already the peace of mind is settling in. This is no big deal. Thanks to everyone in this thread, and happy hunting!

STD or UTI?

@OP

Is the burning sensation still there after all these time? (It's been almost a week since the first post).

During this wait, you could get some URAL salts over the counter to alkalize ur urine n flush out whatever's been troubling u if it was a UTi. Also, drink plenty of water.

If no other visible signs are present, it's probably a UTi.

STD or UTI?

I've been to STD clinics several times and never tested positive for anything.

After sex sometimes you can just have irritation which can make it feel uncomfortable to pee and make your dick hurt a little.

Once a nurse actaully laughed at my mild symptoms. I asked if it could be gonorrhea or chlamydia and she was like "Well I don't think so, usually when people have those diseases they come in losing their shit with their dick leaking green discharge and feeling like their dick is on fire."

So I mean, definitely go get tested if you ever feel something is wrong, but just... don't fucking freak out over a little discomfort.

STD or UTI?

Quote: (08-29-2013 02:35 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I've been to STD clinics several times and never tested positive for anything.

After sex sometimes you can just have irritation which can make it feel uncomfortable to pee and make your dick hurt a little.

Once a nurse actaully laughed at my mild symptoms. I asked if it could be gonorrhea or chlamydia and she was like "Well I don't think so, usually when people have those diseases they come in losing their shit with their dick leaking green discharge and feeling like their dick is on fire."

So I mean, definitely go get tested if you ever feel something is wrong, but just... don't fucking freak out over a little discomfort.

Yeah I did fucking freak out lol. Everything's clear, and the nurses did have a good chuckle at my expense.

STD or UTI?

Quote: (08-29-2013 12:50 PM)BecomingMachine Wrote:  

Yeah I did fucking freak out lol. Everything's clear, and the nurses did have a good chuckle at my expense.

Nurse: "Lol your probably fine"
Dude: "Cool so what's your Thursday night like"

STD or UTI?

Quote: (08-29-2013 12:53 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Quote: (08-29-2013 12:50 PM)BecomingMachine Wrote:  

Nurse: "Lol your probably fine"
Dude: "Cool so what's your Thursday night like"

You could probably pull that off. They were surprisingly friendly and cute and were asking me questions about if I liked to party, where I went, etc. I definitely spat game but didn't bother trying to close since I figured they would judge me for being there... lesson learned.