rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do Her Tattoos Say "Narcissism?"

My theory is that heavy tattoos tell you two things immediately about a girl (the links contain fuller arguments on each):

1. She likes pain, because it aligns her inherent low self-esteem with her physical state.
http://wp.me/p3rRQC-2C

2. She wants to cover herself, permanently, with something she finds more beautiful. She does this to both hide the portion of herself she finds blindingly shameful as well as gain positive attention from the artwork.
http://wp.me/p3rRQC-2F

This has matched, more or less, my experience with heavily tatted girls: they tend to enjoy rougher sex, including biting and scratching; they goad authority figures into anger towards them, but fall apart emotionally when it's applied; they love being the center of attention but are troubled by it at the same time; they take more pride in being "independent" and "artistic" than other girls.

However, my sample size is admittedly small. Thus, my questions to the forum:

1. Do these traits match your experiences with tatted girls?
2. Do you find them easier to game/bed?
3. Would you stay in an LTR with a heavily inked chick - and if not, why?

Don't all tattoos say narcissism?

Look at me, look at me!

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Sure why not. I love inked up chicks, and its not like a female without tattoos is a saint.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Tatoos = Unstable personality, drama and attention whoring, 80% chance she is a class A slut. Very little exception.

Take her to three dates at most then dump her or keep her as a fuckbuddy.

"Do Her Tattoos Say "Narcissism?""

No they say "Easy." They also say my sex drive just disappeared. Women are destroying their entire gender with tattoos. And I'm not religious, but any tattoos on the legs or breasts should be considered a sin.

Quote: (08-16-2013 02:00 AM)JimNortonFan Wrote:  

Don't all tattoos say narcissism?

Look at me, look at me!

That's half the argument behind #2. It's not just "look at me, look at me," it's also "don't look at me!" Check the link to see what I mean.

After reading the Juggalo thread, I'm more convinced I'm right.

Your observations match my own. Any woman who intentionally mutilates her appearance with large or numerous tattoos does so because she is mentally or emotionally imbalanced. Girls who are happy and confident with themselves do not feel the need to cover themselves with ink. It's only the ones who hate something about themselves who tend to do so. It's almost as if they're trying to become another person or assume a different identity. I think it's a deep self-loathing which is masked by an outer shell of narcissism. So with all their tattoos they're essentially communicating, "Hey everyone, look at me! (But don't look too closely at who I really am, just at what's on my skin)." The tattoos are a distraction. It's as if they want to spend their entire lives wearing a sort of Halloween costume instead of being who they actually are (because they hate that person).

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

The tattoo phenomenon has gotten to the point where I am now the unique one because I don't have a single one on my body. So much for individuality and self expression. It's been commercialized.

In the case of women they also are an indication of someone who easily succumbs to the influence of others & of a totally unoriginal & uninteresting person. Most women IMO seem to get tatted up simply because every other girl is doing it, that's why they all seem to get the same ones (rose on the ankle, butterfly tramp stamp etc.) Screams of a weak willed person

Tattoos get her slutty type of sexual attention. That what she wants. They'll hide behind the premise that its "beautiful art" but we all know women are as deep as puddle after a rainy day.

Team Nachos

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Why not? I'll use your words:
Quote:Quote:

'...they tend to enjoy rougher sex, including biting and scratching; they goad authority figures into anger towards them, but fall apart emotionally when it's applied; they love being the center of attention but are troubled by it at the same time; they take more pride in being "independent" and "artistic" than other girls.'

Also: What Scorpion said.

In addition to what has been said I'll add that there is also a strong element of the "handicap principle" at work, especially with arm tattoos and other tattoos that are obviously ugly and/or masculine on a woman.

The handicap principle is basically an evolutionary theory that states that animals sometimes develop permanent traits, or engage in temporary behaviors, that on the face of it seem detrimental to their own well-being. Their goal with this behavior is to communicate to others (same species of the opposite sex and also predators) that they are so superior that they can engage in seemingly harmful activities and still come out ahead. An example is a springbok which, upon seeing a lion, jumps high into the air. Now on the face of it this seems incredibly stupid. I mean, jumping vertically isn't going to help it escape the teeth and claws of the lion. It should be using it's energy to move FORWARD, away from the lion. But the springbok is trying to communicate to the lion that it is so strong, since it can jump so high into the air, that when actually committing to a chase the lion has no hope of catching it so shouldn't even bother wasting it's energy in targeting it.

A human female getting an ugly tattoo, short haircut, and other similar thing that quite obviously harms her attractiveness is doing something very similar. She is trying, but almost always failing in her attempts, to communicate that she is so hot that she can scar herself and still come out ahead in the hotness stakes. Now obviously in the trenches/ on the streets this is laughable. Any guy can observe that for every hot girl who can successfully use the handicap principle there are 99 not-hot girls whose use of the same principle is both comical and quite damaging to their prospects.

About the only tattoo on a woman that doesn't completely mess up her appearance is a tramp stamp. But the women who gets one of these can't play dumb and complain that men, and women for that matter, consider her a slut when she gets one. It's right their in the damn name. When getting one a young woman should accept that it marks her as a slut, and also invest the funds (in a secure account) to have it removed at around 27 years old at the oldest. Whenever I see a woman with a tramp stamp with Chinese characters I always imagine that the English translation (cue Chinese accent) is: " Number 69, Sausage and two meatball!"

Tattoos are one way girls use to masculinize themselves.

If you think about it, tattoos were traditionally worn in Western societies by the most hyper-masculine of men, like sailors and criminals. In tribal societies young boys might become initiated into manhood by getting tattoos or ritual scarring. Now your typical bar skank or hipster girl will be inked up. It's a way of conveying that they've taken on a masculine persona. This is why it's a good sign that they're sluts - they're more masculine so they're into fucking around like guys.

The more visible the tattoos are the sluttier the girl is. Why? Because the girls who are looking to eventually get married will worry that their wedding photos will be ruined if their arms are covered with ink.

Tattoo = identity. And identity is a masculine principle as Therapsid insightfully described above.

Men want a woman who will take on his identity. Smybolically this is represented when she takes his last name. She should be open to surrendering her identity to his. To believe in him, his principals, and his ideals and help him bring these into existence in the world.

A woman that has tattoos has already been "marked" and has her own "identity", and cannot/will not surrender herself to a man. Therefore, this type of woman is not marriage material.

Quote: (08-16-2013 01:48 AM)lurker Wrote:  

However, my sample size is admittedly small. Thus, my questions to the forum:

1. Do these traits match your experiences with tatted girls?
2. Do you find them easier to game/bed?
3. Would you stay in an LTR with a heavily inked chick - and if not, why?

I would agree, however in some environments tattoos are so ubiquitous than you can't really draw any conclusions.

For instance, try to find a girl in San Diego (beaches, downtown or even North Park etc) without a tattoo. Good luck.

Quote: (08-19-2013 10:23 AM)Onto Wrote:  

Tattoo = identity. And identity is a masculine principle as Therapsid insightfully described above.

Men want a woman who will take on his identity. Smybolically this is represented when she takes his last name. She should be open to surrendering her identity to his. To believe in him, his principals, and his ideals and help him bring these into existence in the world.

A woman that has tattoos has already been "marked" and has her own "identity", and cannot/will not surrender herself to a man. Therefore, this type of woman is not marriage material.

That's why you gotta get them while they're young and impressionable. Many cultures marry the women off very young. After a certain age women are untamable or damaged goods.

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-16-2013 10:12 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

The tattoo phenomenon has gotten to the point where I am now the unique one because I don't have a single one on my body. So much for individuality and self expression. It's been commercialized.

Yeah. I find it comical when someone claims they're expressing their individuality by tatting up, or going "goth" or something like that. You're simply trading in membership in one group for membership in a somewhat smaller one. But you're still not expressing individuality. While I have no particular desire to get a tattoo, I don't have an issue with something small and personal, that YOU created (not something off the shop wall or the artist's book, or something trendy), perhaps in an area of your body that you can cover. But chicks that are covered in them raises a bit of a red flag with me. And when ANYONE tattoos their face...

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

You guys are over thinking this way too much. If you don't like tattoos, avoid women who have them. Like G said, they're so widespread that they don't really tell you anything. Spinnig endless theories is intellectual masturbation.

Quote: (08-19-2013 12:00 PM)j r Wrote:  

You guys are over thinking this way too much. If you don't like tattoos, avoid women who have them. Like G said, they're so widespread that they don't really tell you anything. Spinnig endless theories is intellectual masturbation.

One also could make the same statement to every single topic that's ever written on RVF.[Image: dodgy.gif]

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Intellectual masturbation, like its physical counterpart, is enjoyable and has few consequences.

On topic, where's 2Wycked? I thought this thread would be right up his alley.

Tattoos, historically, have been about signalling out-group status in small, insular communities such as bikers.

The proliferation of tattoos is directly correlated with the spread of social media and the ability to share photos of one's self on the web.

Social media is inherently narcissistic because it is incredibly shallow, deals with superficial modes of connecting with other humans and allows people to artificially boost their ego with no real actual accomplishment other than garnering likes or comments.

Tattoos are a way of superficial self-improvement. The fact a tattoo is skin-deep is the absolute embodiment of narcissism. It is like going to a therapist, gain a few insights into your psyche and thinking you are healed.

Status Update: Great therapy session today! Finally understand my issues #personalgrowth.

Tattoos are important in a world of social media, because you can show off who you believe yourself to be by the art you engrave on your body. Tattoos are ubiquitous precisely because people ARE becoming more narcissistic. Few people get tats and not share the photo on Facebook. Women especially love tats, because more people like and comment on their pictures, plus women - in real life - will engage them superficially and fall over how that tattoo is beautiful, empowered or whatever meaningless buzz word is trending on social media.

I have always regarded tattoos as unhealthy, even before I began to explore psychology. Tattoos have progressed from signaling group status to shoring up weak egos.

The more tats, the more likely you will have a bad reaction if you call their tattoos ugly or stupid.

Further, they MAY be more likely to be somebody who is more promiscuous than the average person, but I would guess that women who are more tatted up are likely to shut their legs once the valuation period of a relationship is over.

An overlooked aspect of narcissistic women is that they will have sex before the narcissistic devaluation kicks in, but they can't have sex with anybody they are devaluing. Narcissists are the worst cheaters, as they can't have sex with their partner, they need new partners to have sex. Male narcissists are far more likely to still be having sex with their partner, while they also fuck around on the side.

When women complain of male narcissists, they complain of dalliances outside of the relationship. When men complain of female narcissists, they complain of that while admitting they don't ever have sex with their wife or girlfriend.

I would always be wary of anybody with many tattoos, not because they are bad people, but because there is a good chance they have issues and are using a form of narcissism to paper over those issues. As far as women, I would counsel that you NEVER get into any sort of formal relationship with such a woman. Yes, there is always the chance she is perfectly healthy, but the odds are not in your favor. Always protect your heart first and treat a tatted up woman as just a fling.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man