rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New development? His and her menus at restaurants. Guess which has the prices?

I found this on Reddit and thought it was interesting enough to share over here [link]:

Quote:Quote:

One of the nicer restaurants that I've been to had menus for women and menus for men. The menus for men had prices, whereas the menus for women did not. Kind of cool, but also kind of shitty for me. She had the filet.

How do you think it worked out for the poor beta Redditor taking a first date to an expensive restaurant where only his menu had the prices? Someone asks him, and he elaborates:

It was the filet mignon. I think just her entree was about $54, which was a lot for me at the time (I was 18). Actually, that's still a ton for me.

At first, it made me excited when she ordered the filet, cause I had this weird assumption that a girl who orders the most expensive thing on the menu was at least gonna let you get to a base or two. Or three.
Halfway through dinner she told me she was a lesbian.

Edit, to finish up the story: after she admitted this things got kind of awkward. Lots of silence and nervous laughter on my part. You have to remember that I was pretty naive and didn't really know how to handle the situation.

In the end, I paid the bill anyways (about $145 with gratuity - being too young to drink really keeps the cost down). I never figured out if she was a real lesbian or not. I'd like to believe that I wasn't such a terrible date that I converted her mid-dinner.

Edit 2: spelling. Thanks!

Lol.

What happens when a lesbian couple eats there?

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

This isn't a new development at all...it's an old way returning.

haha oh man. I would've got up and walked out at the lesbian comment. A lesbian eating filet mignon...Im out.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Nothing new man. That's how they do it at the nicer places. Personally I like a woman who enjoys to eat. If she's a regular and I enjoy her company I have no problem dropping $100 on dinner. It's a good feeling eating a nice steak with a bottle of wine knowing you're gonna get laid in a few hours. [Image: thumb.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-13-2013 12:09 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Nothing new man. That's how they do it at the nicer places. Personally I like a woman who enjoys to eat. If she's a regular and I enjoy her company I have no problem dropping $100 on dinner. It's a good feeling eating a nice steak with a bottle of wine knowing you're gonna get laid in a few hours. [Image: thumb.gif]

Well, yeah restaurants often have menus with no prices but you're saying nicer places have separate menus for men and women, only the former of which have listed prices?

Therapsid, you're saying some restaurants have no prices at all on any of the menus? LOL What the hell kind of restaurant is that? Never heard of that.

But yeah, prices on the man's menu and none on the woman's? That's as old as the hills. Higher end joints often are like that.

Quote: (08-13-2013 12:12 PM)Therapsid Wrote:  

Quote: (08-13-2013 12:09 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Well, yeah restaurants often have menus with no prices but you're saying nicer places have separate menus for men and women, only the former of which have listed prices?

They probably handed you the wrong menu.

It's possible if you were at an all inclusive resort or a cruise the menus might not have prices. Sometimes seafood prices aren't listed because they're based on the daily market prices.

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-13-2013 11:47 AM)Soma Wrote:  

They give the money menu to the uglier one.

delicioustacos.com

Quote: (08-13-2013 01:48 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  

Quote: (08-13-2013 11:47 AM)Soma Wrote:  

They give the money menu to the uglier one.

Lesbians eat out for free [Image: banana.gif]

Team Nachos

Actually I like this. I don't mind spending money on a nice meal with a girl - I like fine dining and good company. But it's always seemed a little gauche for the girl to know exactly how much I just spent on her. This way there's some plausible deniability.

Quote: (08-13-2013 11:40 AM)durangotang Wrote:  

I found this on Reddit and thought it was interesting enough to share over here [link]:

One of the nicer restaurants that I've been to had menus for women and menus for men. The menus for men had prices, whereas the menus for women did not. Kind of cool, but also kind of shitty for me. She had the filet.

How do you think it worked out for the poor beta Redditor taking a first date to an expensive restaurant where only his menu had the prices? Someone asks him, and he elaborates:

It was the filet mignon. I think just her entree was about $54, which was a lot for me at the time (I was 18). Actually, that's still a ton for me.

At first, it made me excited when she ordered the filet, cause I had this weird assumption that a girl who orders the most expensive thing on the menu was at least gonna let you get to a base or two. Or three.

Edit, to finish up the story: after she admitted this things got kind of awkward. Lots of silence and nervous laughter on my part. You have to remember that I was pretty naive and didn't really know how to handle the situation.

In the end, I paid the bill anyways (about $145 with gratuity - being too young to drink really keeps the cost down). I never figured out if she was a real lesbian or not. I'd like to believe that I wasn't such a terrible date that I converted her mid-dinner.

Lol.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Betas gonna bait!

[Image: rCp8sLU.jpg]

When she dropped that lesbian line you should have excused yourself to the bathroom and left her ass there to pick up the check.

Team Nachos

^ And/or just call her bluff on it and throw it back at her...

"Great! That takes a lot of pressure of the evening and we can just enjoy our meal as friends....let's got Dutch!"

Watch her cringe when she's gotta drop 80 bucks+ unannounced.

Many Michelin star restaurants only give the menu with prices to the person who booked the table. But the second she told you she was a lesbian you should have got the check gone Dutch and bailed.

Quote: (08-13-2013 05:59 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

Quote: (08-13-2013 11:40 AM)durangotang Wrote:  

Lol.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Betas gonna bait!

"In the end, I paid the bill anyways (about $145 with gratuity - being too young to drink really keeps the cost down). I never figured out if she was a real lesbian or not. I'd like to believe that I wasn't such a terrible date that I converted her mid-dinner."

Just in case this happens to anyone here, this is how the story should end:

In the end, I said I needed to use the rest room. When she wasn't looking, I snuck out the door, got in my car and drove away. She paid the bill anyways (about $145 with gratuity - being too young to drink really keeps the cost down). I never figured out if she was a real lesbian or not. I'd like to believe she calmed down after leaving those messages where she screamed at me for two whole minutes."