rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Hello everyone, so I'm going to be in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for a week in mid-January to learn how to scuba dive (and maybe try for a Mexican flag, obviously).

Anyway, does someone know a good, cheap hotel to stay at during the winter in Puerto Vallarta, hopefully not too far from the city center? My scuba course is on the Marina.

Hotel Buenaventura is really close to the nightlife(100pesos roundtrip) but not that close to the Marina, do you prefer nightlife or Marina?
The hotel is reaallly nice for the price, I went to all inclusive, arrived at 5am in the morning completely wasted and ordered some included food, great.

The beach is not that great but the nightlife is, altough in January IDK.

A couple years ago I stayed in the Zona Rosa. I rented a condo. A really nice one, fully furnished with a balcony overlooking the city and bay. It cost about the same or less than a hotel and it had the comforts of a home rather. Much more preferable than a hotel. I wish I could remember the address of the place I stayed in. Just google "Puerto Vallarta condo rentals", you'll find plenty and at great prices.

If anyone has anymore data on Puerto Vallarta ie clubs, restaurants, day Game etc, bust it out.

I potentially might be going here by the end of the year.

I have been once, but it was years ago, so any fresh Data Sheets would be appreciated.

Quote: (10-02-2010 03:06 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

If anyone has anymore data on Puerto Vallarta ie clubs, restaurants, day Game etc, bust it out.

I have been once, but it was years ago, so any fresh Data Sheets would be appreciated.

FYI, Puerto Vallarta should be renamed Puerto Gayarta. Because it's a HUGE gay destination as I found out after arriving. So just make sure whatever club you go to it's not gay night.

In my opinion, I don't think it's a good place to game at all. I had a girl at the time so I obviously wasn't in that mode. More of a couple's type destination. There are some clubs that cater to tourist, and some salsatechas on outskirts of town. I had more fun at the salsatecha dancing with the REAL inhabitants of the town instead of the tourists. Can't remember the name of the place, but it's was near the hotel zone(which lies on the edge of town), any cab driver should know.

For a single guy looking for lays, I can't recommend PV. You could probably lay some tourist girls, but what's the point of going to Mexico to screw gringas? I'd say go to Guadalajara for a week, to party and run some game there, then take the bus or fly to PV(the two are pretty close) to unwind on the beach for a few days. Maybe you'll swoop some fly chica in Guadalajara and take her to PV with you.

Speakeasy,

Yeah, I was actually going to meet a fly rich girl from Guadlajara there.

Have you been to Playa del Carmen? Anyone?

Quote: (10-02-2010 08:50 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Speakeasy,

The best and most beautiful beach on the world if you like to relax, and the best nightlife(like Cancun but with not that much gringo scene) at 6am in 5th Avenue you can see Gringos, Europeans and wealthy Mexicans completely wasted.

I love that place.

Quote: (10-02-2010 05:28 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2010 03:06 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

FYI, Puerto Vallarta should be renamed Puerto Gayarta. Because it's a HUGE gay destination as I found out after arriving. So just make sure whatever club you go to it's not gay night.

In my opinion, I don't think it's a good place to game at all. I had a girl at the time so I obviously wasn't in that mode. More of a couple's type destination. There are some clubs that cater to tourist, and some salsatechas on outskirts of town. I had more fun at the salsatecha dancing with the REAL inhabitants of the town instead of the tourists. Can't remember the name of the place, but it's was near the hotel zone(which lies on the edge of town), any cab driver should know.

For a single guy looking for lays, I can't recommend PV. You could probably lay some tourist girls, but what's the point of going to Mexico to screw gringas? I'd say go to Guadalajara for a week, to party and run some game there, then take the bus or fly to PV(the two are pretty close) to unwind on the beach for a few days. Maybe you'll swoop some fly chica in Guadalajara and take her to PV with you.

Yes and no, Puerto Vallarta is divided in 3 parts:
Vallarta Gay, a lot of hotels for the gay community, clubs for them, gayland, a sausage fest. Some gays are really ripped if you are into that.
Vallarta Romántico, for couples, honeymoon, nice beach, you can smell the love in the air.
Vallarta Malecón, for fun, crappy beach but good nightlife.

Also 45min from Vallarta Airport is Nuevo Vallarta, beautiful beach and good food and the most boring scene in the world, Nuevo Vallarta is only for 70year old gringos that go to the sun to be all red and retire there, spending some big coin in beautiful condos. Boring.

Obviusly, stay in Malecón, and, Vallarta is not that a gringo destination anymore, I would say the tourism is 70% mexican 30% gringo, so, practice Spanish and go to:
El Hilo
Zoo
Glam

Quote: (10-02-2010 11:37 AM)bars Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2010 08:50 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Speakeasy,

The best and most beautiful beach on the world if you like to relax, and the best nightlife(like Cancun but with not that much gringo scene) at 6am in 5th Avenue you can see Gringos, Europeans and wealthy Mexicans completely wasted.

I love that place.

Bars,

Nice. Now you are speaking my language. That Guadalajara girl suggested that place. I guess she knows what she is talking about.

Break down the Data Sheets on this place, por favor.

Quote: (10-01-2010 05:23 PM)bars Wrote:  

Hotel Buenaventura is really close to the nightlife(100pesos roundtrip) but not that close to the Marina, do you prefer nightlife or Marina?
The hotel is reaallly nice for the price, I went to all inclusive, arrived at 5am in the morning completely wasted and ordered some included food, great.

The beach is not that great but the nightlife is, altough in January IDK.

thanks I'll look into this...I'd probably prefer staying closer to Marina but it really doesn't matter, as long as I can get there by bus. Either way, I'm sure I'll be checking out the nightlife at some point. I don't really know what to expect but at the very least I'll escape the winter for a bit [Image: smile.gif]