rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Flashpoint Paradox DC Universe

Quick synopsis: Dope

[Image: tumblr_mqsn4qRvRq1r71npko1_500.jpg]

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox is DC Universe’s feature-length animated adaptation of the DC Comics Flashpoint crossover event of 2011. In the story, The Flash/Barry Allen (Justin Chambers) awakens in an alternate reality, in which he has no powers, there is no such thing as superheroes, and his friends from the Justice League are all skewed and non-heroic versions of themselves.

The closest thing Barry can find to an ally is the alternate version of Batman (Kevin McKidd), who is skeptical at first, but quickly reveals his own reasoning for wanting Barry’s crazy story to be true. However, their plan to restore the timeline to its natural state has many hurdles – including the machinations of the Reverse-Flash (C. Thomas Howell), a lack of allies to pull off the plan, and the small matter of an ongoing war between Wonder Woman (Vanessa Marshall) and Aquaman (Cary Elwes) that is quickly pushing the entire world to the brink of Armageddon.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-fla...luray-dvd/

Let me tell you a quick story about comic books. Its like this forum and "do you know a good pet store around here"...comics are awesome to the indoctrinated but retarded in the eyes to those who are not.

We used to sit around at work and talk comics with those who knew how to handle such an interest and would disavow any interest to the equivalent of "comic book guy" from the simpsons who would run in yelling "oh hey are you guys talking about comics" as he did not understand that talking about it in the open dries up pussy faster than menopause and actually brings down your professional credibility as 'comics are for kids'

My favourite example was when riding to a work site on a large bus one of the 'in the know comic book' guys was talking about some girls boobs at work and some 'comic book guy' says very loudly "ohh yeah, like rogue in the x-mens' tits, those are awesome" easily in earshot of any girl or guy on the bus. The original guy loses it on him and says "shut up! this is why I can't talk about comics in public because fucks like you makes everyone else who reads comics look bad!"

That being said, flashpoint paradox is pretty good, but this is not a forum where I will support the discussion of comic book characters or storylines.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

^Dude, who cares? This is the "everything else" section of the forum. Men have other interests besides pussy and picking up and setting down heavy objects.

There's a popular multipage thread about our favorite videogames a few pages back. No one dicked it up.

Quote: (08-06-2013 03:59 PM)Scarlet_Terror Wrote:  

^Dude, who cares? This is the "everything else" section of the forum. Men have other interests besides pussy and picking up and setting down heavy objects.

There's a popular multipage thread about our favorite videogames a few pages back. No one dicked it up.

I care so I wrote it. You disagree so you also posted. 'nuff said

[Image: _batman-whatever-happened-to-the-caped-c...413294.jpg]

Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? by Neil Gaiman.
Just read this recently. Check it out.

** Spoilers***

The thing that annoyed me the most about flashpoint is how a war between Aquaman's kingdom and Diana's kingdom started because Diana killed his wife....like all over a chick, not some big reason...just a chick.

Other than that, it was pretty good. good to see a film where women are being killed and not just men.

Just watched it. Cool story but the animation quality was crap for a new release.

** Spoilers **
I Lol at retard Superman. Also, holy shit when Shazam the little kid version got chopped up. I didn't think DC had the balls to pull that off.

Thanks for bringing that up Wiscanada. It sucks that this is the case, especially when there's so many good comics out there - The Walking Dead, Watchmen, Preacher, Sin City, Frank Miller's Batman comics, lots more.
I think that the phenomenon you're mentioning is worse for manga, people think that you'd have to be some kind of uber-nerd to have adopted nerd culture from Japan.

That's why I call all comics "graphic novels".

I saw it. It was pretty good.

When you have kids you're always looking for something new to watch.

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-07-2013 11:29 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Thanks for bringing that up Wiscanada. It sucks that this is the case, especially when there's so many good comics out there - The Walking Dead, Watchmen, Preacher, Sin City, Frank Miller's Batman comics, lots more.
I think that the phenomenon you're mentioning is worse for manga, people think that you'd have to be some kind of uber-nerd to have adopted nerd culture from Japan.

That's why I call all comics "graphic novels".

yep, manga/anime are in the same boat. It boggles my mind that people are willing to accept comics as movies/tv but not vice versa. Thats the only connection that has had some sort of traction when trying to talk about comics with a non-comic reader for me. It goes something like "did you do/you like the following movies? 300, the crow, the mask, from hell, conan, a history of violence, robocop, scott pilgrim vs. the world? Well those were all 'comic books' before they were movies.

The creation of graphic novels as well published books with hard covers and the publishing of comic book collected storylines like that as well has made it easier to have people accept them as 'books' when they come to the house vs. a stack of magazine style comics.

and I'm just waiting for someone at AMC to take preacher and turn it into a miniseries, though the religious controversy may be too much.