rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Product Testing

Product Testing

Anyone have experience putting your own labels on products?

I don't mean getting someone to private label or custom formulate products for you. Specifically, I'm ordering ~100 lbs of raw product that we're going to get put into jars/tubs/tubes (via cheap labor) and apply the labels ourselves, after we're done tweaking the formula.

Anyone have a process or tool that improves/streamlines/expedites this? Again, this is manually applying sticker labels. I'd prefer to test/briefly systematize the assembly process myself before bringing in bodies to do the work.

Normally, I'd get 5-10K units ordered and have someone else handle the label application, but I want to play with the formulation/ingredients/scents myself and since it's highly competitive, I'd rather not throw a substantial amount of cash at it until I'm able to methodically prove a few ranking theories I have.

Product Testing

Do it by hand. Hire a friend if you need. People have always done this stuff by hand until the last 40 years or so when machines took over.

Product Testing

Looks like you didn't read the post...

I'm specifically asking if anyone has a method/manual device that provides for a more simple means of applying labels without air bubbles, crooked labels, etc. Making everyone perfect my hand is certainly an option, but I'd like to avoid have to QC what other people are doing. I've seen plenty of reviews for products on Amazon in similar spaces that complained about labels looking homemade/cooked/full of air bubbles.

Product Testing

How many units and what size? The larger the label/package the harder a time you are going to have for sure.

Honestly man, I have worked in packaging and private labeled a lot of stuff up to full on production lines for my business and there really isn't all that many great ways to do it by hand.

Getting your product professionally filled and labeled really isn't all that expensive and the finished product is 1000x better than what you would see if you hand apply by hand.

Every time I have ever tried hand applications i wasted way too many labels and spent way too much time for poor results.

Just my .02