rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Looks Debate Is Bullshit.

I was going to post this on my blog, but I felt like this would help newer gentlemen out more. So I posted this on the newbie forum, just as a little primer for gentlemen who are insecure about the whole looks bullshit.

More veteran gentlemen will realize this (read the title), but newer gentlemen stay hinged on whether or not they were born attractive enough to get laid.

Simply, and honestly, if you're a woman and want to get laid, all you have to do is look pretty, if you're a man and want to get laid, all you have to do is be charming.

That's it.

However some gentlemen have stayed stuck on this idea that they will never score the hottest percentile of women if they are not equally or better looking than said women they are pursuing.

The sad truth is that while women who are born unfortunate will have to settle with a lower spectrum of men, men have hope no matter where they land on the looks scale, all they have to be is charming.

Ugly women can be charming, and that won't get them shit except for the occasional alpha who's exhausted his options for a night, but an ugly man can be charming and that will get him pussy because he tried and women will say to themselves, "there's just something about him."

I have a group of friends whom are not the most attractive, but they do decently well with getting pussy. I have a particular friend who upon looking at him, looks unsightly, and every woman I introduce to him who he has not had the time to work his charm on, rudely reffers to him as gross, or "creepy" looking. However, these same women once he speaks to them more, have those eyes that show they find him attractive, and they introduce him to their friends, and he sleeps with those women. He does not work, nor does he have anything really going for him aside from wanting to get drunk and have a good time, so how does he do it? He gives women an experience, and he gives them the charming alpha male that women naturally crave. He is simply, the MAN. He knows he is not the most sightly fellow, but he doesn't bring it up to women, nor does he actively think about or care about his looks.

On the other spectrum of things, I have a close friend whom all women I introduce him to think is gorgeous. Women have thrown themselves at him, but once he starts speaking, they turn away. Why? Because he has zero confidence, and is afraid to be himself. Women start to call him "cute" in a friend sort of way, and they start to look at him like their attractive misunderstood brother. Does that get him pussy? Fuck no.

So what does this mean for you? It means charm trumps all. If you're charming, you're fucking. If you're not, then work on something that can be changed, and that's charm.

Looks for men matter little, but do understand this, if you are what women consider "gorgeous," it just means you've gotten the interview a lot quicker, but that's it. It's up to you to continue being charming, otherwise, bitches won't give a fuck about your movie star looks, because their pussies will feel off towards you.

Simply, looks = entry level interview, but that's it.

Now there are advantages to being able to get that interview quicker, but that advantage is still very minimal to gentlemen of game in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying not to try to make yourself look better through dressing nicer, because these things do help at a very small entry level point, but I'm saying that your default physical characteristics are something that you can only change so much, so work with what you have, and fuck what you want with your charming abilities.

The common rebuttal will come up though, that attractive men DO seem to get laid more often then unattractive men, but you must understand, some men who are constantly getting offers for interviews start to learn how to deal with and reject the women of their choosing, so yes, the looks helped them learn game naturally, but good thing for you, you can learn game too by making opportunities for an interview happen. However, you get gentlemen like my friend who are very attractive, and he does not pussy even though he gets interviews constantly, and that's because he has not learned how to transition these interactions into pussy like other gentlemen of his "looks."

The only difference between my ugly friend with charm and my attractive friend with none, is that one get's pussy, and the other doesn't. I do not know what is better, I just know I like pussy, and as that's most of our end game here, looks should be irrelevant overall.

Lastly, North America especially has a lot of men into the same mould as women, and that mould is that your looks are your currency exchange for pussy. However, that's not the case for men, that currency only applies to women, but some how we've meshed to two together. For that, the looks debate is bullshit because it only applies to women, not men. You however, ARE a man, and like the rest of the men here, your goal is to learn how to fuck women, not how to be like a woman who only coasts on looks in order to receive sex.

Stop concerning yourselves with other men's pussy, and focus on your own, and disregard what it is that you THINK get's your pussy, and learn how to overcome the controllable obstacles that WILL get you pussy.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

There are obvious pros and cons to appearance.

I'm a good looking dude and I believe it's why I've never - not once - been flaked on. I'm a bit surprised it's such a frequent topic here. Good looking guys get numbers and notches because girls want them, not because they've fallen for a sales pitch. On the other hand, closing girls becomes much more difficult. If you're viewed as being a legit catch to a girl (physically & in terms of personality), she'll go to extraordinary lengths to avoid appearing slutty and she'll try her hardest to lock you down for the long-term.

If I want a relationship, I act myself. If I want a quick bang, I dumb myself down and dress sloppily. Guys of mediocre/above average looks, with strong personalities, have the best of both worlds from my experience.

Bottom line - looks are your most important asset. It's the first thing that catches a girls attention, whether you approach her or not. For me, it's the foundation of my approaches. Hit the weights 3-5 times per week, eat right, sleep well (does wonders for facial appearance / eyes) and the confidence from that alone will shape your gaming abilities.

Quote: (08-05-2013 11:10 AM)RouteBackwards Wrote:  

I was going to post this on my blog, but I felt like this would help newer gentlemen out more. So I posted this on the newbie forum, just as a little primer for gentlemen who are insecure about the whole looks bullshit.

More veteran gentlemen will realize this (read the title), but newer gentlemen stay hinged on whether or not they were born attractive enough to get laid.

Simply, and honestly, if you're a woman and want to get laid, all you have to do is look pretty, if you're a man and want to get laid, all you have to do is be charming.

That's it.

However some gentlemen have stayed stuck on this idea that they will never score the hottest percentile of women if they are not equally or better looking than said women they are pursuing.

The sad truth is that while women who are born unfortunate will have to settle with a lower spectrum of men, men have hope no matter where they land on the looks scale, all they have to be is charming.

Ugly women can be charming, and that won't get them shit except for the occasional alpha who's exhausted his options for a night, but an ugly man can be charming and that will get him pussy because he tried and women will say to themselves, "there's just something about him."

I have a group of friends whom are not the most attractive, but they do decently well with getting pussy. I have a particular friend who upon looking at him, looks unsightly, and every woman I introduce to him who he has not had the time to work his charm on, rudely reffers to him as gross, or "creepy" looking. However, these same women once he speaks to them more, have those eyes that show they find him attractive, and they introduce him to their friends, and he sleeps with those women. He does not work, nor does he have anything really going for him aside from wanting to get drunk and have a good time, so how does he do it? He gives women an experience, and he gives them the charming alpha male that women naturally crave. He is simply, the MAN. He knows he is not the most sightly fellow, but he doesn't bring it up to women, nor does he actively think about or care about his looks.

On the other spectrum of things, I have a close friend whom all women I introduce him to think is gorgeous. Women have thrown themselves at him, but once he starts speaking, they turn away. Why? Because he has zero confidence, and is afraid to be himself. Women start to call him "cute" in a friend sort of way, and they start to look at him like their attractive misunderstood brother. Does that get him pussy? Fuck no.

So what does this mean for you? It means charm trumps all. If you're charming, you're fucking. If you're not, then work on something that can be changed, and that's charm.

Looks for men matter little, but do understand this, if you are what women consider "gorgeous," it just means you've gotten the interview a lot quicker, but that's it. It's up to you to continue being charming, otherwise, bitches won't give a fuck about your movie star looks, because their pussies will feel off towards you.

Simply, looks = entry level interview, but that's it.

Now there are advantages to being able to get that interview quicker, but that advantage is still very minimal to gentlemen of game in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying not to try to make yourself look better through dressing nicer, because these things do help at a very small entry level point, but I'm saying that your default physical characteristics are something that you can only change so much, so work with what you have, and fuck what you want with your charming abilities.

The common rebuttal will come up though, that attractive men DO seem to get laid more often then unattractive men, but you must understand, some men who are constantly getting offers for interviews start to learn how to deal with and reject the women of their choosing, so yes, the looks helped them learn game naturally, but good thing for you, you can learn game too by making opportunities for an interview happen. However, you get gentlemen like my friend who are very attractive, and he does not pussy even though he gets interviews constantly, and that's because he has not learned how to transition these interactions into pussy like other gentlemen of his "looks."

The only difference between my ugly friend with charm and my attractive friend with none, is that one get's pussy, and the other doesn't. I do not know what is better, I just know I like pussy, and as that's most of our end game here, looks should be irrelevant overall.

Lastly, North America especially has a lot of men into the same mould as women, and that mould is that your looks are your currency exchange for pussy. However, that's not the case for men, that currency only applies to women, but some how we've meshed to two together. For that, the looks debate is bullshit because it only applies to women, not men. You however, ARE a man, and like the rest of the men here, your goal is to learn how to fuck women, not how to be like a woman who only coasts on looks in order to receive sex.

Stop concerning yourselves with other men's pussy, and focus on your own, and disregard what it is that you THINK get's your pussy, and learn how to overcome the controllable obstacles that WILL get you pussy.
It's what you do with it.

You can be a famous male model and be in a LTR with one girl. Does that mean that you are beta?

Game is about options.

It's not about being a slave. The only time you have to be a slave is when you are first getting into it. You have to submit completely because your previous belief system failed you.

Looks are important. So is game, money, style, status and fitness.

Luckily, if you ugly motherfuckers get super fit and stylish, your looks will also increase dramatically.

I like the frame that's implied by the word "charming". Building charisma or dominance sounds tough. Charm is something that you can step up with right now.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

This is great to hear, but what do you do to increase your charm?