rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stranded on an Island thread II

A more realistic scenario..

You can bring 10 things there's no house or power but a possibility of well water if you can get to it if you have the skillz.

In this scenario you are on a barrier island in Florida, you can't leave but have a marine radio and a solar charger.

What would you bring?

How would you pull?

Nobody is going to bring food or booze. What would you do to get this crap?

Quote: (08-04-2013 07:14 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

You can bring 10 things there's no house or power but a possibility of well water if you can get to it if you have the skillz.

In this scenario you are on a barrier island in Florida, you can't leave but have a marine radio and a solar charger.

What would you bring?

How would you pull?

A military canvas tent.
Sleeping bag.
A knife.
A rechargeable flashlight.
A fishing pole.
Water desalinator. Or purifier if there's fresh water around.
Veggie seeds.
Survival book.
A laptop. Do I have enough juice for this? Because if so laptop means money and money means I can figure out how to get people there. And have them pick me up booze and women.
Sattelite dish - for internet.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

genie's lamp + infinite wishes

No laptop and no cash.

Quote: (08-04-2013 07:54 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

No laptop and no cash.

Hey man - not cool. you can't change the rules on me. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

1. Flare gun.

I'd use the marine radio to send this announcement continuously:

"Barrier party tomorrow noon. Model agency present scouting girls for Timberlake's next video. All welcome. Bring food, booze, and bonfire wood. Sail south and follow the flairs. *stop*".

A still to make booze out of the local fruit, lots of ganja seeds and fishing gear.

I'm not very well versed in survival scenarios, but off the top of my head:

I would say something to cut with, like a machete
Some sort of pot to cook and boil water
Ropes (Always useful, even if you're on land stuck in an air vent above a hotel room)
Chinese Shovel
Tent with one of the big tarps over top
I think some phones, Ipods and/or Speakers have plugins for solar chargers. Music would be good for yourself, and to pull. Is this allowed?
One of these gravity lights:

If the island had fruit you could theoretically ferment it to make some dirty booze.

And I'm sure I'm missing a lot of different technical or mechanical devices (i.e. for water and solar) that would be useful.

El Mech they have sort of turned this into a new reality show (better than crap like Survivor, but that's not saying much).

It's called Naked and Afraid. (I'm sure this could be the subtitle to some RVF party stories too)

Basically they get a man and woman each with some prior survival training, they get dropped off somewhere naked, with one item to bring for survival, then they have to survive for 21 days getting their own water, food, shelter, etc.

Sometimes the woman saves the day, sometimes the man, depends who acts stupid or hurts themselves.

Maybe there could be an adventure business type idea here (i.e. dropping off group on island with some supplies, teaching them how to survive, or some scavenger hunt type ish)

Anyone else seen this show?

What do you guys think?

ACV, Zinc, Coconut Oil, Baking Soda, Physical Gold or Silver, A centrally located tent, $4000 Suit, cigarettes and Island Oil Sand Resumes.

You hunt for fish wearing the suit during the day, just in case you can run daygame on any other possible castaways, and then pipeline girls off the Marine Radio at night.

Easy

Lebeau I've seen parts of that show.

On both threads everyone left out the most important thing..
Off or any other kick ass bug repellant.

What would you bring?

How would you pull?

In all fairness, this section should deal with real life scenarios and places, not something out of Robinson Crusoe.

Quote: (08-04-2013 08:37 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Or this:

[Image: attachment.jpg13654]   

Quote: (08-04-2013 08:46 PM)Partizan Wrote:  

In all fairness, this section should deal with real life scenarios and places, not something out of Robinson Crusoe.

This thread might help you get off the Isle you're on, devoid of feminine attractive. [Image: idea.gif]

Quote: (08-04-2013 09:03 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2013 08:37 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Or this:

This thread might help you get off the Isle you're on, devoid of feminine attractive. [Image: idea.gif]

+1

I have just come back from a night out in my provincial Irish town and how true that statement is. I'm getting the fuck out of here as soon as I get my CELTA.

Para cord or rope
Magnesium firestarter
Something for a pot (canteen and cup maybe)
Tarp
Heavy duty knife (good for bushcraft)
Blanket
Clothes depending on time of year...a windbreaker/rain coat and a sweater
Fishing pole
Sunglasses and hat

Claim that you are filming a reality show with hidden cameras all around...

If only you knew how bad things really are.

What would you bring?

How would you pull?

I've been stranded out there many times. I was thinking people into that survivor shit would pay me to strand them on an island.

Who wants to start the website? Maybe I'll put an ad on airbnb...

I will strand your ass on an island in the gulf of Mexico for three days for 300 dollars and give you some stuff to survive...

Have a package ready to go and drop them off..

Once their dropped off the island we introduce them to the zombie apocalypse. Set up hidden cameras and watch the meltdown. That would be boss on Youtube.

Here's a pic of one of the islands near my house note in right lower corner is a boat to see how big it is..
[attachment=13669]

See the backside the water looks kinda dark it's loaded with scallops, crabs.

For beginners this island is at the mouth of the river to the gulf. I almost bought it ten years ago for 35k and cleared out a little beach where the arrow is. I put some lawn furniture on there and picnic tables. A great place to bring girls without having to go way out into the gulf..
[attachment=13671]

Quote: (08-05-2013 10:24 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Here's a pic of one of the islands near my house note in right lower corner is a boat to see how big it is..

El Mech, I would be totally up for for doing this kind of thing if I ever get down to your part of the country.

I think it could be a good business, too, what with the popularity of shows on Discovery like Bear Grylls, etc.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (08-05-2013 10:35 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Quote: (08-05-2013 10:24 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

El Mech, I would be totally up for for doing this kind of thing if I ever get down to your part of the country.

I think it could be a good business, too, what with the popularity of shows on Discovery like Bear Grylls, etc.
Here's another one 15 minute ride. If any of you guys would like to try this I'll take you there free of course..
[attachment=13672]
This island will have girls on weekends.

Here's the biggest one. I got stuck here a shitload of times in bad weather. This is where you want to be for this..
[attachment=13673]

I could only imagine the liability waivers that would have to be signed. Could be a good niche market. Offer training for the completely clueless then drop them off. Real life Survivor Man experience.

Quote: (08-05-2013 10:50 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I could only imagine the liability waivers that would have to be signed. Could be a good niche market. Offer training for the completely clueless then drop them off. Real life Survivor Man experience.
Make the site. Will split the cash with you. Incorporated disclaimer.

Anyone????