rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cheap flight to Rio

Cheap flight to Rio

Does anyone know how to get somewhat inexpensive flights to Rio?

Cheap flight to Rio

dont exist from the states. you looking atleast 800 down season to 1200+ around holidays

Cheap flight to Rio

Last time I went, I paid like 750. Now I am looking in December, and I'm seeing like 1400 from the cheapest destination - Miami area. That is ridiculous. I might as well go to Asia for that amount. Is there a cheaper place to fly to that is not too far away, I'm thinking Buenos Aires or Sao Paulo. Even those seem expensive though. I wish Spirit went to Rio!!! I can go to Bogota for 250 bucks, but Rio is 1400!!!!!

Cheap flight to Rio

Rio is more or less a dump, go somewhere else, Roosh just hyped it because he was in love.. you know temporary crazy.. its just another big city with a mediocre beach and alot of favella in between some stupid cariocas thinking themselves really nice and open (but they suck), but as closed as any western culture, not speaking english unlike any other western city.. some nice clubs.. some great sunsets, som good whorehouses.. plus a nice meeting with Roosh [Image: smile.gif]

Cheap flight to Rio

Come on Quasi, Rio is consistently a top favorite among travellers. If you like chocolate skinned girls hanging out in Rio feels like being a kid in a candy store... And even if you don't, the scenery is amazing.

Cheap flight to Rio

I'm still really interested in traveling to Brazil, but it's really hard to beat Colombia for the price. For the majority of guys that can only get away for a week at a time, it's really hard to justify $1,000 + room and meals just to see Brazil. My round trip ticket from ATL to Medellin was a grand total of $200. If I stay reasonable with housing, it will basically be a no cost trip as compared to spending the weekend in Atlanta or Miami. I probably actually save money by leaving the country.

Cheap flight to Rio

I've never heard anyone bash Rio's beaches. It's got the best beach culture in the world. Have you ever been up to Barra beach south of Leblon? It was one of the most scenic, clean and long stretches of sand I've ever seen,and sand was like white sugar. How can anyone hate on Rio's beaches? Plus you can drink right there on the sand. Can't do that shit in Miami or L.A.

To the OP, don't forget that you have to pay a visa fee too(assuming you are American). It was $135 when I went, might be more now though. And Brazil is not a cheap destination once you get there.

Cheap flight to Rio

I think Quasi was being sarcastic. Rio is a fantastic place to go. But it's also gotten ridiculously expensive - both the airfare getting there and the expenses once on the ground. I'm very happy that I visited several times earlier in the decade when it was reasonable.

Cheap flight to Rio

Im not sarcastic Im european, Im used to better sorry.. I didnt try other beaches than Copa and Ipa.. but Rio isnt special in any nice way IMO. Its a dump with some good sides, like a bad version of an European city.. thats what I told the locals when the asked me how I liked it.. they didnt take that too well, but hey its how I view it.. I wouldnt say I wouldnt ever go there again, but it would be for the things first mentioned. I still think its overrated and gamewise a stupid place to go, compared to rest of Brasil etc.

About the beach, Im not surfing and the water isnt for swimming its filled with garbage and VERY salty compared to the water here, the chicks ARENT sexy, but mediocre at best on the beach, yeah and the weather is either too hot or cloudy and not for going to the beach, its really not the top world beach, thats plain stupid to postulate, unless we talk surfing.. might be so, with those amazing waves..

Come here with me in the summer time to see the local beach here.. TONS of sexy blonde chicks etc..as far as the eye reach.. I was in Rio 3 weeks, best chick on the beach was a black girl working for a beer firm.. most sexy chicks where in the gymn in Ipanema, night clubs and brothels.

Yeah and the sexy chicks here understand english and speak it too, not like some third world country with one language only.

The scenario is amazing thats why I did mention sunsets.. along with other stuff I liked.. I dont give a rats ass what other ppl think, its like this most ppl here go to Thailand, its boring.. whatever ppl tell each other and make up as the truth, good for them, facts are different in my world, maybe Im just used to better, I think so.. danish beaches are far superior to that, but we have an extremely short season (can drink make barbeque, go topless etc).. IMO unless we talk surfing and sunsets..

Cheap flight to Rio

young money,

"My round trip ticket from ATL to Medellin was a grand total of $200."

What airline?

"Plus you can drink right there on the sand. Can't do that shit in Miami or L.A. "

Miami you can in front of the hotels. LA you cannot, and san diego passed a law two years ago for no booze on the beach.

Cheap flight to Rio

I've spent a month in Rio, I just got some friends who want to go and was thinking of giving it another visit. I thought it was a dope place, and I've been to Colombia already too. It has it's ups and downs, but overall I think it's the best city I've been to.

Cheap flight to Rio

Quasi,
Seems you have quite a negative impression of Rio. Did you have such an horrible time there? What happened? Care to elaborte on that?
You're the first person I hear having negative impression of Rio. Sure it ain't perfect (where else is perfect in the first place to be honest?), but it's one of the most if not most beautiful city in the world, the party scene is out of this world, the girls are very hot and the people cool as hell. But I guess you'd need to venture out of Copacabana which is sex tourists-putas and thieves and other low lives central in Rio. Venture out to other areas of Rio and you'll have a much better time, garanteed. Now while I do agree with you that the beaches in Rio are not nor the cleanest nor the nicest but if you go out of Rio in any direction, you'll see some absolutely stunning beaches. Next time you're in Rio if you want to be blown away, go to Paraty or Ilha Grande. Few places in the world can match the natural beauty there. Oh and you made laugh out loud when you compared Rio beaches to drum rolls, Danish beaches???? LOL
Dude, next time you're in Brasil, go to Paraty, Ilha Grande or even Buzios/Cabo Frio and if you've the got the cash and time, go to Floripa in the South or to Ceara in the North. You'll think you've died and gone to heaven beach and bitch wise. [Image: smile.gif]

Cheap flight to Rio

Quote: (09-27-2010 07:13 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

young money,

What airline?

Spirit. I booked through Orbitz, leaving on a Wednesday and coming back on a Tuesday. The key is to match your departure and return dates to when Spirit has a $9 flight scheduled.

ATL -> FLL -> MDE
MDE -> FLL -> ATL

Total airfare: $202.70USD (including taxes)

Cheap flight to Rio

Why would one travel to Medellin though? I wouldn't know what to do in Columbia, whats awesome about it ? [Image: biggrin.gif]

Cheap flight to Rio

Cheap flights do exist to Rio. You just have to get them the right time of year. Last year a Brazilian girl I worked with showed me round trip tickets from Denver to Rio, but the only thing was, it was only a 2 week timeframe you could by them in. It was through American Airlines. I've never found flights this cheap though when I've tried to book. The cheapest I've found round trip were a little over $800 from Denver. I payed 600+ one way back last time I went. I suggest buying round trip, because tickets are expensive as fuck from Brazil. It was cheaper for me to book 2 flights, one from Rio to Miami and then Miami to Denver.

Cheap flight to Rio

There was ALOT of fine moments in my three weeks in Rio and the thread is still here.. I guess I loved and hated it.. not really anything in between and yes the party scene is great..great nightclubs.. but hey I just like danish beaches more, and Im really a beach loving guy, from before I could walk.
Sure its worth 3-4 days I guess. Vacancier, come here in july and go to KErteminde with me, the beach isnt that special, but you will be amazed of the chicks..
I just found it totally overrated, I mean you can get so much more fun so many other places for less money, and alot of the guys here, havent been impressed with Rio, not the ones I meet in person in Rio or have talked with later, ppl are maybe just reluctant to bash the generall opinions. I have no such problems... Its a paradise and its also hell.

Cheap flight to Rio

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1790.h...hlight=rio

Cheap flight to Rio

Quote: (09-27-2010 06:00 AM)Quasi Wrote:  

maybe Im just used to better, I think so..

That's all a matter of opinion. When you say Danish beaches are far superior, maybe they are superior to you because you can drink and bar b que on the beach. for me I'd much rather be on the beach in Rio or Miami to see beautiful girls and energy. I wouldn't necissarily say that Denmark, nor the United States are better than Brazil just because there are no favelas or we have higher GDPs per capita. What is "better" for you may be boring for me. I've been to beaches with much better scienery than Rio, mostly beaches in Hawaii. But I would much rather be in Rio with the awesome nightlife and women and things to do all day than some of the tiny beach towns I hung out in Hawaii, with not much to do at night or many women to see.

Cheap flight to Rio

When I say I, I mean me and my subjective thinking, feeling etc. I totally agree, and as with everything, its not black/white, its really about the fine nuances and personal beliefs, cultural background, style and what your standards are.

And Ipanema & Copa are famous, buts thats it, they cant be among the best beaches.. that I simply cant believe.

Rio is still just a dump with some good sides in my book, Im fucking glad I wasnt raised there.

Hey if your fat a american man going to pay to play ITS GREAT ok. Or a good looking one too.

Guy with game not speaking fluent portuguese, save your money, if not to check it out, to say HEY I WAS IN RIO BITCHES.

Even the guys native speaking portu struggled, with the arrogant Carioca..

Most girls there have gotten the amount of gringo they have been looking for like it or not [Image: smile.gif]

I just have to give my 2cents so the poor guy have a honest view of it, because I still havent meet anyone down there that was impressed. Think that talks for itself.

Brandon I also adored the nightlife, its amazing.. I dont go out alot here, but there its on [Image: smile.gif]

Rio is Rio.. you cant take that away, the atmossphere is frentic and high energy if you wanna feel alive its the place I guess

Cheap flight to Rio

Quote: (09-29-2010 02:39 AM)Quasi Wrote:  

When I say I, I mean me and my subjective thinking, feeling etc. I totally agree, and as with everything, its not black/white, its really about the fine nuances and personal beliefs, cultural background, style and what your standards are.

And Ipanema & Copa are famous, buts thats it, they cant be among the best beaches.. that I simply cant believe.

Rio is still just a dump with some good sides in my book, Im fucking glad I wasnt raised there.

Hey if your fat a american man going to pay to play ITS GREAT ok. Or a good looking one too.

Guy with game not speaking fluent portuguese, save your money, if not to check it out, to say HEY I WAS IN RIO BITCHES.

Even the guys native speaking portu struggled, with the arrogant Carioca..

Most girls there have gotten the amount of gringo they have been looking for like it or not [Image: smile.gif]

I just have to give my 2cents so the poor guy have a honest view of it, because I still havent meet anyone down there that was impressed. Think that talks for itself.

Brandon I also adored the nightlife, its amazing.. I dont go out alot here, but there its on [Image: smile.gif]

Rio is Rio.. you cant take that away, the atmossphere is frentic and high energy if you wanna feel alive its the place I guess

I kind of agree with this statement If you don't have fluent to intermediate Portuguese or have at least connections and a network set up before hand you will definitely be Paying to Play in Rio unless your gaming all chicks who speak English in Zona Sul. Not speaking the local lingo can SEVERLY limit what you can do and who you can talk to. I love Rio and it's culture, beaches and energy and music so It wouldnt stop me from visiting and you can make it work but not being able to really holla at chicks like I wanted to in my native tongue hurt me a bit to where I had to really on good looks, body language and weak portuguese skills moreso.

Cheap flight to Rio

"unless your gaming all chicks who speak English in Zona Sul"

Yeah, During my 3 weeks in Rio I the only gamed and hooked up with girls that spoke passable english. During that time in Brazil my portuguese was very basic.

Cheap flight to Rio

Quote:Quote:

You're the first person I hear having negative impression of Rio

I've met quite a few. Don't get me wrong it is beautiful and unique with an electric vibe, but other Brazilian cities may be better for long-term settling.

Cheap flight to Rio

Quote: (09-27-2010 11:19 PM)young_money Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2010 07:13 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

young money,

What airline?

Spirit. I booked through Orbitz, leaving on a Wednesday and coming back on a Tuesday. The key is to match your departure and return dates to when Spirit has a $9 flight scheduled.

ATL -> FLL -> MDE
MDE -> FLL -> ATL

Total airfare: $202.70USD (including taxes)

Good deal. For what dates?

Cheap flight to Rio

if you are a young goodlooking white american u can get semi pros for free in Rio without breaking a sweat.

if you dont speak the language you are gonna have a VERY VERY hard time having sex with the locals (non working girls)

work on the language and developing social connections / circles if you wanna really experience Rio

Cheap flight to Rio

I met a lot of girls that spoke english in Rio. It's mostly gonna be at higher end clubs or places like Rio Scenario with lots of gringos. When I was in Rio my Portuguese was pretty basic and I had a blast there. I got 6 make outs and 3 bangs in 3 or 4 weeks. I was already in with social circles when I got there though from locals I met in the states.