rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beards

Beards

This is the in thing now.

Call it hipster or whatever, but guys with beards are swooping mad fly girls in w'burg. Beating me out easily, and I'm fucking more than the average guy.

Some fashions really do demonstrate higher value.

It's a fashion thing. Guys who ignore fashion in the game could be limiting themselves greatly.

Beards

Quote: (08-01-2013 05:18 AM)soup Wrote:  

Call it hipster or whatever, but guys with beards are swooping mad fly girls in w'burg. Beating me out easily, and I'm fucking more than the average guy.

It's a fashion thing. Guys who ignore fashion in the game could be limiting themselves greatly.

Excuse my ignorance but where is w'burg? Do you mean Wurzburg?

Lugg

Beards

Quote: (08-01-2013 05:18 AM)soup Wrote:  

Do it. I'd be rocking a beard if I was still in the states - have always liked them. These Asian girls don't really like them though; I notice a huge difference even between a bare face and a goatee out here.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Beards

Related thread: The power of beards

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Beards

I rock a beard and can't complain. Some girls hate it but those who like it - if it's still unusual in your environment as it is in mine, then you have very little competition.

Beards

My guess is that the beard is popular, because it's something masculine in a sea of androgyny. A lot of the dudes rocking them are still mad weak looking.

Having a beard plus being a bit built might be the killer ap right now. Just make sure there's something to tone it down and suggest that you're not meathead.

Beards

I have a short beard-about a weeks scruff and long sideburns where I keep the hair longer

Girls really seem to like it-I get a lot of positive comments on it

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Beards

Quote: (08-01-2013 07:42 AM)j r Wrote:  

My guess is that the beard is popular, because it's something masculine in a sea of androgyny. A lot of the dudes rocking them are still mad weak looking.

Having a beard plus being a bit built might be the killer ap right now. Just make sure there's something to tone it down and suggest that you're not meathead.

i'm 6'4" 245 lbs worked out. i have a killer beard. i get compliments on it daily.

you are correct sir, it is the killer ap.

Beards

I rock the Tom Selleck mustache, works out nicely.

Beards

How far down the neck do you guys let the beard grow?

Beards

Quote: (08-01-2013 09:13 AM)kickboxer Wrote:  

How far down the neck do you guys let the beard grow?

not far

two fingers up from adams apple

Beards

I was just talking about this yesterday. There are lots of dudes with beards these days. but, just like in the normal spectrum, there are lots of loser dudes who happen to have beards.

if you're cool, fit, stylish, the beard right now is a major plus i think. but it depends on your circles. when i go to places that are 'cool' with the younger folks, they love the shit out of the beard. when i go places more aligned with my professional life, people are like whythefuckdoyouhaveabeard like that?

Beards

The hipster virus is very powerful in SLC; and I notice that every hipster with spaghetti arms has a beard. I think it has become popular because it doesn't require any effort to get one. These asswipes are sporting a full on Grizzly Adams beard but couldn't change a tire or bench their body weight if their life depended on it. It's easier to not shave than work out or learn a useful skill.

Fuck I hate hipsters.

"Okay (and I'm laughing now, because this is so funny), so we're A) not supposed to give you flowers, B) pay you compliments, or C) look at you. Anything else? Because I'm struggling to figure out the reason why after hearing that, I'm feeling like I'd rather get fucked in the ass by a Cape Buffalo than ever have to sit through dinner with you. Maybe you can figure it out for me. When you do, let me know. I'll be at Natasha's house."

Beards

Quote: (08-01-2013 09:39 AM)deuce Wrote:  

The hipster virus is very powerful in SLC; and I notice that every hipster with spaghetti arms has a beard. I think it has become popular because it doesn't require any effort to get one. These asswipes are sporting a full on Grizzly Adams beard but couldn't change a tire or bench their body weight if their life depended on it. It's easier to not shave than work out or learn a useful skill.

Fuck I hate hipsters.

i know.

thats why when my traps are popping and my posterior delts are filling out the back of my shirt and i look like i wont take shit from no one, the beard really works...well.

Beards

i can't grow a good beard [Image: sad.gif]

Beards

He is talking about Williamsburg Brooklyn. I notice I get more looks with my goatee than when I'm clean shaven

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Beards

Next question.

How far up the cheeks do you guys let it grow?

Beards

Beards have always been popular in the North East.

When I lived in San Diego, I rocked a beard and was given weird looks. I started going clean shaven to fix that.

I like the scruffy look though. I take the clip off of my trimmer and get a nice 5 o'clock shadow look. I think it looks better on me than all out hipster cave man.

Beards

i angle mind from the bottom of my "sideburns" across to my mustache area.

i'd post a pic...but fuck that!

Beards

Sucks having a patchy beard.

Beards

Quote: (08-01-2013 12:26 PM)Every10GivesMeA10 Wrote:  

Sucks having a patchy beard.

Yes- it only looks good on some people. I've tried it, but my dad says I look like bluto from popeye

Beards

I'm 32 years old and never liked facial hair at all. For whatever reason (I always tell people it's because I don't have kids, but more than likely it's genetic), I have an extremely young face, and have been mistaken for being 10 years or more younger than I actually am. In theory, age (or perceived age) shouldn't matter, but when getting started with game, I was concerned that my youthful appearance might prevent some people from taking me seriously (both men and women).

I've tried growing a full beard a couple times, but had issues with ingrown hairs on my neck and the sideburns making scratchy sounds on my pillow while I'm trying to sleep. A few months ago, I started trying out the goatee/mustache combo. I'm pleased with the result, because it adds one more masculine quality to my overall appearance.

It's already become such a ubiquitous part of my character than when I shaved it off, I felt like I looked very strange. I immediately started growing it back and now it's fully realized again.

I don't bother asking myself anymore whether women will like a certain aspect of me, if I change my hairstyle or clothes or whatever. Now I just look at myself in the mirror and decide whether I like it or not. That translates into confidence, which is what attracts women anyway (regardless of what they think they like).

Beards

Androgynous hipster losers are growing beards as a subtle grasp for any semblance of masculinity.

Being masculine in their actions results in them getting shamed and in their weakness they resort to incorporating traditional masculinity.

The women love this. But what the men dont realize is that women shaming their masculine actions is just a shit test.

Beards

Quote: (08-01-2013 01:17 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Androgynous hipster losers are growing beards as a subtle grasp for any semblance of masculinity.

Being masculine in their actions results in them getting shamed and in their weakness they resort to incorporating traditional masculinity.

The women love this. But what the men dont realize is that women shaming their masculine actions is just a shit test.

You guys are making big generalizations about this.

There are lot's of guys who aren't effeminate hipsters around where I am that have beards.

Yes, it is a hipster trend, but it appears to be a pussy-wetting trend as well, and is now a fad amongst a lot of guys (except for guido types) in NYC.

Is it a passing trend? Probably.

Does it matter so long as it helps the panties drop? No.

Beards

[Image: crEcDeO.jpg]

Team Nachos