rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Better College Girl Game: No living on campus, joining frats, or even being a student

Better College Girl Game: No living on campus, joining frats, or even being a student

NOTE: The below game does not require you to be young, live on campus, join a frat, or in certain cases, even be a college student. I say "better" in the title, not as a form of competition, but because this is more accessible for everyone.

Also, this was originally going to be a reply to a post in a different thread, but it got so big I felt it warranted it's own thread, here's the original post for reference: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14257-...#pid502962

Quote: (07-31-2013 08:06 PM)obrero Wrote:  

Does anyone have anys experience/advice for pulling undergraduates out of class for an undergraduate older guy (27) like myself?
I've gotten girls numbers then studied together consistently but they always seem cold and cuntish while studying.

I'll break down your post, then springboard to some other stuff you can do as well:

You're not that much older in the grand scheme of things. However, you're old enough for it to be noticeable, you can have that go both ways. If you leverage this right, it can actually be MORE effective than being the same age as these girls. Easy examples are having your own car, and your own place.

You mention getting numbers for future studying. And studying together consistently. Couple problems with this game approach:

1) Intentions not congruent, and I'm sure it leaks through, many young guys try this route too.
2) Repeated exposure with the same tactics will get the same results
3) Serious studying for a lot of people these days has to be done alone, considering all the distractions, and there are fewer group projects or reasons to study together, along with the rise of online classes. That's why most people who study in the loud, common areas, are getting a small amount of work done, while they're able to be "seen".

Quote: (07-31-2013 08:06 PM)obrero Wrote:  

My gameplan has been to chat with the target during class, make small talk then "oh, yeah, are you ready for that test coming up? I need to study!" After said study session my plan has always been to get a drink (every girl at my uni has a fake id) and go for the bang.
I'm guessing I'm not building enough attratction/being funny enough/whatever, to make their twats wet. I think I'm putting off a "creepy old guy" vibe that makes them suspicious of my motives from the start.

If anyone had advice please share. I'm in a great situation right now but I'm not taking advantage of it!

Check your language and thought patterns. Just in this post alone you've used "cold and cuntish" and "getting twats wet".

If you're concerned about giving off a certain vibe, attitudes like that don't help build the right mentality here. There shouldn't be bitterness, too much seriousness, or looking at these girls from such a mechanical/transactional perspective. They can pick up on that stuff too. They still have a lot of idealism at that age even while they rationalize away their weekend behaviour.

Now, for better strategy and use of your time, I'll try to cover some areas I haven't seen much on this forum (apologies for any dupes).

School Clubs

[Image: LI_ClubsAndOrgs.jpg]

I can't stress this enough, join a shit ton of school clubs, and use what extra time you have during the dates when they are promoting to meet people at their booths. For other guys reading this post, many clubs don't actually require you to be a student (depends on your school) since they are involved in the community. Some guys don't get this at first, and think too logically "Oh, well I'll never be able to commit to all these clubs, or I may not enjoy that activity once I try it".

That's not the point. You get put on email lists or FB groups for all the events with contact info. You go to the ones that work for you, and have an instant starting point for meeting new people. I see so much talk on here about learning new languages (i.e. software, private tutors, etc.) or visiting new countries, but I can't remember the last time someone suggested joining that specific language/cultural club at the local college.

I dated a girl I met through Scuba club years ago, and at the time I joined, I had never dived before, and didn't know if I'd really get into it. I just originally thought that Scuba was cool and was on my list for trying "eventually".

Also, clubs have budgets that admin prefers they use up within that school year. If you're concerned about money, keep in mind that depending on how many people sign up, or how many remain, you get hook ups that might even be worth much more than the cost to sign up.

Hell, you can even suggest your own parties, or recommend going to a bar/club on certain nights. If you don't want to take the time to have a formal "position" in the club (not necessary), this is a great way to take the lead, and organize various gatherings, and even combine clubs or your own social circles.

Think of how great it would feel to know that on a certain night, you have multiple clubs or friend circles, all coming to your place, or a spot you have on lock, where it's guaranteed they'll also be bringing people that you haven't met, but they feel comfortable, since they have an "in" with you. The younger crowd usually gets their first taste of event planning in college, so you can even offer to help them with certain ones too from a position of experience, or perform if you have some kind of talent (i.e. I got asked to help with a sorority fashion show last minute and had my drinks comped for the afterparty).

I'm sure there's more I could expand on here, but these are enough of a foundation for this area...

In Class

Forget studying together. The goal here is quantity, not depth. You want to be the guy who has the confident, witty comments (if speaking to prof. or in front of class), and can go just a little bit beyond small talk to make things more personal (i.e. if sitting together during lectures). No need to work on one girl you sit besides all semester till she's telling you her boyfriend problems. You've heard the term "work husbands"? Well girls often have in class boyfriend types to help them and give them attention.

You should be doing enough to get your name out, be a bit memorable, and get contact info for later.

This allows you to again take the lead on organizing, "We should all meet for a drink after this exam is done!"

Or, when you're outside class, and happen to see each other, there is a pretext for talking, introducing her friends, etc. Don't be the guy who opens at the bar with "Hey, I know we never talked, but I remember you from biology last year."

The way I see it, waiting most of a semester to make a move on a girl is like it's own form of one-itis, or at the very least, similar to waiting all night on a date to go for a kiss. The only time it makes sense to wait, is for advanced game, like teaching assistants, lab staff, tutorial coordinators, etc.

Campus Events (Again, you may not even need to be a student):

[Image: 201357-bloor-cinema-radar-shot.jpg]

This is for stuff that doesn't already occur through school clubs. I'm talking guest lecturers, film nights, theatre plays, sports games, concerts, etc. Check the cafeterias (you're already there opening, right?) and main communal areas for flyers, and pick up copies of the school newspaper. This is good once again for targeting niches or certain social circles, and many of the same points apply here that I mentioned for school clubs. The difference being that these are often one shot events, and you can approach more, and more directly, than school clubs. Get there early, get some introductions done, then you can follow up after the event, and bounce somewhere else, or host an impromptu afterparty if there isn't one already in place.

^ I'm getting tired and I can probably write a lot more, but for now, I'll try to summarize the general theory behind all of the above:

I'm a big advocate of living your life according to what you enjoy, then tweaking or refining certain aspects to make it easier to meet people.

For those who understand finance, and derivatives, I try to approach a lot of game (and life) as a call option. You have the ability to invest in a situation, girl, social group etc. if it meets a positive threshold (strike price) and looks profitable. But you're also are not required to risk anything beyond your initial time/work (premium) if the upside isn't realized.

Take action that creates asymmetry in your favour. Manage your risks, but push your comfort zone enough to create uncertainty that could lead to big payoffs.

Thanks for the advice, mate!

Quote: (08-01-2013 09:46 PM)obrero Wrote:  

Thanks for the advice, mate!

No prob, keep us posted on your progress.

Very solid post. I am a student that is young, lives on campus and is in a frat. Its working well for me. It works well too for guys who fall under these three categories. Imo I feel that they are all beneficial. However I realize that these things are not feasible for many guys on here which is why this post is helpful. I have two things I'd like to add:

1.) The fun factor: what are all college students looking for in a college experience besides getting a degree? Fun of course. They've seen the movies and heard the stories of what college entails. I won't give my whole college story but despite popular opinion college isn't that crazy for most people. In fact most people in my dorm spent their weekends playing videogames which is what lead me to join a fraternity. If your going to meet college girls you have to fulfill their idea of what they envision college being. Do something unique and fun they've never done before. Buy them beer. Take em to a cool bar or club away from campus (18+ becuase they're freshman).
2.) Play to your advantages: if your 30 trying to get 18 yo chicks, you're unique in that almost every other guy that hits on her will be 18-22. While I'm only 22, I would suggest older guys use their age to their advantage. Did your trying to act like another college student, what sets you apart from them? If your 30 you're already unique. Especially if your joining clubs or organizations you should be able to provide some worldly insight and all that jazz. Just don't be that creepy old dude, remember the fun factor.

Freshman move in 13 days from now... let's go!

Quote: (08-05-2013 06:20 PM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

Very solid post. I am a student that is young, lives on campus and is in a frat. Its working well for me. It works well too for guys who fall under these three categories. Imo I feel that they are all beneficial. However I realize that these things are not feasible for many guys on here which is why this post is helpful. I have two things I'd like to add:

1.) The fun factor: what are all college students looking for in a college experience besides getting a degree? Fun of course. They've seen the movies and heard the stories of what college entails. I won't give my whole college story but despite popular opinion college isn't that crazy for most people. In fact most people in my dorm spent their weekends playing videogames which is what lead me to join a fraternity. If your going to meet college girls you have to fulfill their idea of what they envision college being. Do something unique and fun they've never done before. Buy them beer. Take em to a cool bar or club away from campus (18+ becuase they're freshman).
2.) Play to your advantages: if your 30 trying to get 18 yo chicks, you're unique in that almost every other guy that hits on her will be 18-22. While I'm only 22, I would suggest older guys use their age to their advantage. Did your trying to act like another college student, what sets you apart from them? If your 30 you're already unique. Especially if your joining clubs or organizations you should be able to provide some worldly insight and all that jazz. Just don't be that creepy old dude, remember the fun factor.

Freshman move in 13 days from now... let's go!

your story sounds almost identical to mine, if you dont mind me asking, what fraternity are you in?

"Choke points" on college campuses. College campuses are great places to pick up, there are young girls everywhere, thousands of them. However, on each campus, some locations are more ideal then others. Areas where alot of girls gather, men and women mingle together in close proximity, making it easier to open a conversation.

I usually just walk around and open girls where ever I see them but identifying these "choke points" is helpful. They allow to work less for more opportunities. They create an environment that makes the approach easier - you are doing something in common with the girl, that is big, when you are doing something in common with your target, it really makes the approach easier.

Other examples of this that I have used are...

Waiting in line at the same place. I usually say - "Is this place good? What do you usually get? Or, - "This is my first time eating here, what's good?"

Eating at the same place. I usually say - "Ooh, that looks good. What's that? Or, - "Looks good, I'm getting one of those" Or, "Excuse me, what is that?"

The bus stop or train stop. I usually say..."Will this line take me downtown?" Or, - "How long until the next train comes?"

The study abroad office. I love this place because everyone is their to get information about traveling and living over seas. They have little brochures on like 100 countries. Everyone is looking at the brochures. I usually say - "What country are you intersted in?" Or, - "Wow, Japan, have you been there?". I like this place because I can quickly get into stories of my travels.

The microwaves in the cafeteria. Many people use these to heat their food. It's similiar to the copy machines that the op describes. I usually say - "That smells good" Or, - "That looks good". I always make fun of girls for being messy.

The registrars office. Everyone is paying bills, getting paperwork, getting id cards, there are lines everywhere. I usually say - "Where do i get my id card?" Or, - "Is this the line for payments?". Anything to get the chat started.

The campus gym. I usually say - "How was your workout?" Or - "Is that exercise good for abs?"

Again, one of the big keys here is that you are doing the same thing as the girl, you are not just walking past her and stopping to talk to her. You are in the same place at the same time doing the same thing, that commonality and shared experience is what you will build off of. You have something in common, even if its just for a minute.

Best College Girl Game for Older Men:

1. Teach their class.

Quote: (08-09-2013 10:45 AM)lurker Wrote:  

1. Teach their class.

Yes sir!

I have worked at various colleges and universities. I have banged many students. Once these girls get to know you a little and see you around, they can really come on strong. I've had beautiful young girls email me, leave me messages, slip me their number, etc., etc. It helps that I am usually one of the youngest (looking) staff members on campus. I even got a blowjob in the closet in my department once, from a 19yo exchange student.

I think what has helped me is that I don't really chase any girls on campus. I just wait for the ones who are really into me. The ones who stare at me with the "come fuck me" eyes and eventually they just come to my office and give me their number. Many of these girls have a "professor fetish". They want to fuck a teacher. Its like a fantasy for them. I would always hear them talking about witch professors they thought was cute. Its just like being the bartender at a bar, you have instant social proof.

Like I said, I would let the girls choose me. If they were just all over me and practically begging me to bang them, I would. Luckily, I never had any problems. I was very careful to avoid any and all types of drama. But, I never got any drama. I made it seem like I was doing these girls a favor. They had pursued me and I made little or no effort throughout the seduction process. Maybe this is why they never complained. I banged the shit out of them and I was very nice to them. I made sure I gave them no reason to complain.

This happens at every school out there. I have had many conversations with male professors and they always mentioned their strategy for banging students. I never mentioned it first but these guys always would. I think, because I was young, they knew I would be banging students.

This is very common at certain schools. I heard this is very big a Harvard. Its like an inside joke at Harvard among the male teachers. Alot of these guys are intellectual celebrities and girls come from all over the world to take their classes, what do you think is gonna happen!?

Female professors do it too. Its the dirty little secret of higher education.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9181-p...#pid136110

Quote: (08-09-2013 11:13 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

1. Teach their class.

Yes sir!

I have worked at various colleges and universities. I have banged many students. Once these girls get to know you a little and see you around, they can really come on strong. I've had beautiful young girls email me, leave me messages, slip me their number, etc., etc. It helps that I am usually one of the youngest (looking) staff members on campus. I even got a blowjob in the closet in my department once, from a 19yo exchange student.

I think what has helped me is that I don't really chase any girls on campus. I just wait for the ones who are really into me. The ones who stare at me with the "come fuck me" eyes and eventually they just come to my office and give me their number. Many of these girls have a "professor fetish". They want to fuck a teacher. Its like a fantasy for them. I would always hear them talking about witch professors they thought was cute. Its just like being the bartender at a bar, you have instant social proof.

Like I said, I would let the girls choose me. If they were just all over me and practically begging me to bang them, I would. Luckily, I never had any problems. I was very careful to avoid any and all types of drama. But, I never got any drama. I made it seem like I was doing these girls a favor. They had pursued me and I made little or no effort throughout the seduction process. Maybe this is why they never complained. I banged the shit out of them and I was very nice to them. I made sure I gave them no reason to complain.

This happens at every school out there. I have had many conversations with male professors and they always mentioned their strategy for banging students. I never mentioned it first but these guys always would. I think, because I was young, they knew I would be banging students.

This is very common at certain schools. I heard this is very big a Harvard. Its like an inside joke at Harvard among the male teachers. Alot of these guys are intellectual celebrities and girls come from all over the world to take their classes, what do you think is gonna happen!?

Yep. There have been times where I've been absolutely sure the entire endeavor is a brief matter of time away from blowing up in my face spectacularly. Somehow, it hasn't.

I even came up with a great plausible deniability-loaded method for getting phone numbers and 1 on 1s from them during class. I'm sure you have your own tricks.

Quote: (08-01-2013 03:44 AM)LeBeau Wrote:  

In Class

Forget studying together. The goal here is quantity, not depth. You want to be the guy who has the confident, witty comments (if speaking to prof. or in front of class), and can go just a little bit beyond small talk to make things more personal (i.e. if sitting together during lectures). No need to work on one girl you sit besides all semester till she's telling you her boyfriend problems. You've heard the term "work husbands"? Well girls often have in class boyfriend types to help them and give them attention.

You should be doing enough to get your name out, be a bit memorable, and get contact info for later.

This allows you to again take the lead on organizing, "We should all meet for a drink after this exam is done!"

Or, when you're outside class, and happen to see each other, there is a pretext for talking, introducing her friends, etc. Don't be the guy who opens at the bar with "Hey, I know we never talked, but I remember you from biology last year."

The way I see it, waiting most of a semester to make a move on a girl is like it's own form of one-itis, or at the very least, similar to waiting all night on a date to go for a kiss. The only time it makes sense to wait, is for advanced game, like teaching assistants, lab staff, tutorial coordinators, etc.

Excellent post. In terms of "can go just a little bit beyond small talk to make things more personal," what exactly do you mean?

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

Quote: (08-19-2013 11:23 AM)Sleek Wrote:  

Excellent post. In terms of "can go just a little bit beyond small talk to make things more personal," what exactly do you mean?

Good question, I should clarify that some of these assumptions are based around larger class sizes. If you're in a tutorial/lab with like 10-15 people, it's easy to make an impression on everyone and become the desired guy of the group.

Small talk in college (esp. for people in their first year) usually centers around what I call "The Big 4".

Guys without much game usually try to establish commonalities and immediately go into these types of questions:

1) What year are you in?
2) What's your major/program?
3) Where are you from?
4) What residence/area around campus do you live in?

Now, there's nothing wrong with these questions to get to know a girl better, but they aren't necessary right off the bat, especially when you're out at night at student type bars.

In terms of the classroom, you want to go beyond this type of school/career based small talk to distinguish yourself.

You can make things a bit more personal by touching on more emotional threads, memorable stories, future projection, etc.

Just as one small example, maybe you share with her some funny nicknames/comments regarding other people in your class, or the prof.

Consider again, that most guys will be talking about their great game of beer pong or something similar from the previous weekend, so you want to be different.

Or when everyone is bitching about exams either in person, or on social networking, you keep it positive.

When I say "a bit beyond" I'm referring to the fact that you keep things light and fun, no one needs to be dumping their trials and tribulations on each other, or looking try hard with your whole life story right away.

This is all pretty clutch info as I'm going away soon. Thanks for putting so much out there.

I have a feeling most of my classes will be under 20. What are some tactics you suggest to "make an impression on everyone and become the desire guy of the group"?

Quote: (08-19-2013 05:53 PM)LeBeau Wrote:  

If you're in a tutorial/lab with like 10-15 people, it's easy to make an impression on everyone and become the desired guy of the group.

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

I wouldn't recommend college gaming in a college-town type environment where absolutely everything revolves around the school.

In a bigger city, if you live close to a campus (UCLA in LA, Depaul in Chicago) then it can be a gold mine. Students at these schools typically aren't nearly as crazed about football season, the same 3 bars and houseparties, tailgating, frat/sorority life, etc.

I haven't even spent 72 hours on a college campus and I can't tell you guys how excited I am about this experience. That sounds a little gay, but it's the truth. Some things I'm doing that have me hyped:
  • Approaching girls in my dorm. Girls are warm, friendly, and willing to chat. I'm not trying to "game" them, I'm just trying to get to know them. The more connections, the better.
  • Going out. I've gone out both nights and plan to go out again tonight. With no classes - just orientation bullshit - it's a must. One kid said to me today: "I feel like there's nothing to do at night." I nodded my head, but in actuality have been using some connections to get my roommate, me and a few others into parties.
  • Making friends with everyone. Goes without saying. Being nice to everyone pays extraordinary benefits.
  • Joining the rugby team. Seems like a good group of guys who get girls and drink together. This shit has me excited.
Basically, I've tried to be the man I wanted to hang with. I've gotten no girls yet, but I'm not worried. It's all about making the connections. If it feels right in the moment, I'll go for it, but right now I'm actually more focused on finding some cool guys to chill with.

~Michael Jordan

Quote: (08-26-2013 03:44 PM)Sleek Wrote:  

I haven't even spent 72 hours on a college campus and I can't tell you guys how excited I am

I might be more excited then you. I am nearly 38 years old. I went to a big university yesterday. I got 6 numbers to work with. I had a freshman girl almost take me to her dorm room. She was really thinking about it and I should have put more pressure on her to do it.

This is gonna be my best year yet.

All the approaches are HERE

My situation is as follows:

I'm not a student (I'm older, 26).

I live approximately 10 miles from the campus, and hang out there regularly since it's the only place around here with a regularly flow of young, attractive girls.

Campus is in a small town, student population is around 20 thousand.

Started doing direct day game on the girls, but something in my gut tells me that the nature of a college campus is very bad for direct day game.

I get tons of IOIs walking up and down the street, meanwhile I try to fight off my avoidance weasel.

I should probably join a club. I actually joined a farm co-op last year related to some campus activities and managed to date a sorority chick. I might try that again. I wish day game was more effective on campuses though.

Quote: (09-25-2013 01:41 AM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

something in my gut tells me that the nature of a college campus is very bad for direct day game.

Generally speaking, yes.

Direct day game is not a great idea if you know you are gonna be seeing the same girls over and over again. You don't want to get a bad rep around campus. Girls love to gossip.

IF it was a big school in a big city, it wouldn't matter as much but since you are in a small town. it's probably better to go mostly indirect.

I say mostly indirect because they will always be some situations where direct is okay.

I get tons of IOIs walking up and down the street,

They want you to talk to them!!!

I wish day game was more effective on campuses though.

You don't have to wish. You only need to talk more.

Quote: (08-09-2013 11:13 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

1. Teach their class.

Yes sir!

Gio - I hope teaching a that college/ uni is not your bread winner.. ?
Dont they say.. dont shit where you eat?

I've been thinking of teaching some classes on the side besides my bread winner to get insight into the campus energy.. not just the chics.. love the college feel.. what say?

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Good tips.

I'm currently a student at a campus known for its workload (think MIT/Cal). Do you have any advice for this setting? Specifically, connecting with girls who have subpar social skills or poor English skills, and spend all their time in the library?

-Or what about library game; how to transition from eye contact to the number when talking is frowned upon?

Quote: (09-27-2013 01:22 AM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

Gio - I hope teaching a that college/ uni is not your bread winner.. ?

Dont they say.. dont shit where you eat?

Yes, working at that university was my bread winner. I quit after 5 years to pursue other interests.

I knew I was taking a chance by banging students. I weighed the risk and reward. I decided that I would take a chance.

It is very risky but I was very careful and also a bit lucky.

I wasn't really that worried since everybody was of legal age and I could always get another job.

Quote: (09-27-2013 01:22 AM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

I've been thinking of teaching some classes on the side besides my bread winner to get insight into the campus energy.. not just the chics.. love the college feel.. what say?

You will be surronded by young girls. Have fun.

Be careful. Don't be in a rush.

Read my posts on this issue. I posted a lot of specific advice.

I'm on university in the Netherlands. College is not as isolated as it is in the US or the UK. Campus life doesn't really exist here. Students are more intermingled with society, you can't stroll through the campus to chill with all kinds of people, you have to go out, raves are really popular, clubs, bars or go to house parties, fraternities, other kinds of student associations or whatever.

It's not that there is a campus where meal is being served for all the students or something. I can imagine that living on a campus has its advantages, what do you US guys think about game on campus system vs. game where students are intertwined in society

I don't think it matters that much though, but a campus could be convenient sometimes, i can imagine that you dont have to leave the door to fuck. And the college movies reinforce that.

I wonder as well, how many guys actually take up a full undergrad in a foreign country (either from US or from Europe or other parts of the world. Going to a whole new country to spend student time...

Quote: (10-14-2013 06:25 PM)mastauser Wrote:  

I'm on university in the Netherlands. College is not as isolated as it is in the US or the UK. Campus life doesn't really exist here. Students are more intermingled with society, you can't stroll through the campus to chill with all kinds of people, you have to go out, raves are really popular, clubs, bars or go to house parties...

That's better.

America is a huge country, where every campus is slightly different. However, it seems like in most cases there are tons of events on college campuses that often exclude non-students, and likewise students usually don't intermingle as much as they should with people outside of the college scene. There's many reasons for this: some are logistical (America's infrastructure is different from Europe's), cultural (our society is perhaps more stratified by age groups), and most of the fraternities and college social scene are situated in or around campuses.

In America, college campuses are like a town within a town, a town with it's own citizens.

It's not that there is a campus where meal is being served for all the students or something. I can imagine that living on a campus has its advantages, what do you US guys think about game on campus system vs. game where students are intertwined in society

Students are intertwined in society > campus system. Here's why: since all women are naturally hypergamous, in the US it seems they seek out high value males within the confined bubble of their college social circles. As non-students, men that want to game college chicks are doing so as an "outsider." When I go to college bars, girls always ask me if I'm a student, if I say no, they disqualify me by labeling me a "townie." It's not very nice.

I don't think it matters that much though, but a campus could be convenient sometimes, i can imagine that you dont have to leave the door to fuck. And the college movies reinforce that.

The movies about American college life are bullshit. They only contain a kernel of truth, most of it is based off of assumptions people make. Besides, the women always look better in the movies. Most real college girls are over-weight from binge drinking and don't look as good because being a student can be stressful.

Every college is different. I want to a very preppy school with rich kids from New England. The students were VERY cliquey and non-inclusive. Anyone that wasn't associated with the right sport teams or fraternities, or the right clubs, was not a part of the group, period. Even as a student, I couldn't break in. You have to be super high value within that group to impress the ladies. Being in their social circles is a huge investment that often isn't worth it. But that was just my experience, I'm sure that if I went to a large state school in Florida, my experience would have been WAY different.

I've always been an outsider.

I wonder as well, how many guys actually take up a full undergrad in a foreign country (either from US or from Europe or other parts of the world. Going to a whole new country to spend student time...

Americans need to travel more.

what do you US guys think about game on campus system vs. game where students are intertwined in society

I think its nice when you have both options -- A strong on campus social scene AND a cool city to explore.

But, this can be rare. Often times, its only one or the other. I like big universities in big cities because they offer both.

My situation is different. I am not a student. I graduated 15 years ago. I have to intertwine myself into the campus.
I bought a condo close to campus. I shop at the grocery store next to campus, I shop at the mall near campus, I attend campus events like concerts, farmers markets, etc.

I try to live among the students. This gives me the most oppurtunities.

Quote: (10-15-2013 11:49 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

what do you US guys think about game on campus system vs. game where students are intertwined in society

I think its nice when you have both options -- A strong on campus social scene AND a cool city to explore.

But, this can be rare. Often times, its only one or the other. I like big universities in big cities because they offer both.

My situation is different. I am not a student. I graduated 15 years ago. I have to intertwine myself into the campus.
I bought a condo close to campus. I shop at the grocery store next to campus, I shop at the mall near campus, I attend campus events like concerts, farmers markets, etc.

I try to live among the students. This gives me the most oppurtunities.

haha sounds great! i went to UCLA campus for a day it looked fun with all the freshmen coming in.

(Sounds btw like in the US the timespan somebody spends studying is around 4 years? )

Would you guys for example do a second undergrad in order to lenghten your student time, given that there are more slightly older people in the course if you had the money?
or take advantage of the other opportunities that arise even if you had a ''worthless'' degree?

Quote: (10-15-2013 07:11 PM)mastauser Wrote:  

Would you guys for example do a second undergrad in order to lenghten your student time, given that there are more slightly older people in the course if you had the money?
or take advantage of the other opportunities that arise even if you had a ''worthless'' degree?

If you want to study more on campus, just do your master's or PhD -- much more valuable than having 2 bachelor's degrees.

Also as a grad student, you may be tasked with teaching undergrads like as part of a breakout session for a larger lecture course. Good opportunities to meet people.