rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making friends with other guys

I had a party this past weekend and I realized that the vast majority of the people who showed up were girls and a few of their orbiters but mostly girls.

Now obviously a taco fest isn't that bad, but it got me thinking.

I don't really have any good bros to hang out with. Well, I take it back I have 1. He's red pill, but super busy with law school and part time work so it's hard for us to hang out.

I go to a gym in the morning and know a few of the guys there but dang. It's easier for me to meet women, befriend, and go for the lay than it is to create a good wolf pack or even have some good bro time.

Opposite problem for most guys i'm guessing. Any tips?

Go out of your way
- introduce yourself
- get active in something social

most people find it hard to meet friends after school is done.

WIA

Try Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. You'll learn how to choke fools and make a lot of great friends.

Friendship is based in mutual interests so just get a hobby of some kind that involves you interacting with friendly guys, chances are you will become friends. Being in a band works and so does BJJ.

I have different, small groups of friends.

Players/red pill guys I go out gaming with. Now mind these guys are all near my level or above me.
Guys I play footy/soccer, or some other sport with.
Guys I know through grade/high school. We play video games and drink.

Besides that, I do have a large network of guys as 'acquaintances'. Friends of friends, guys I've studied with, guys I ran into xyz venue once and were cool etc.

Also important to note that the 3 groups above I have NEVER mix. And even if I try it's disastrous.

My buddies who I play video games and drink with NEVER come out to game and meet girls.

My sports buddies I have gone out with before. Mind these guys are excellent athletes, some of them varsity players in college. Gaming with them doesn't work either.

So I keep them seperate.

I roll solo for girls. Guess habits die hard.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

I think its harder to meet guy friends then game girls to.

It just would be akward if you went up to a random guy an were like "hey bro wanna come over to my place an play some madden?"

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I have only one best guy friend and three other guy friends. Most of my chick friends just stopped texting me and I got fed up with being ignored. For dates I just cold approach.

I had a dude tape a note on my door asking if we could be friends. Freaked me out. He was a local celebrity of sorts too. A tv news reporter. I assumed a homo.

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (07-30-2013 11:30 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

Try Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. You'll learn how to choke fools and make a lot of great friends.

I've always wanted to get into MMA. I like that suggestion. Thanks!

Most of my hobbies tend to have either a large feminine following (classical music) or are nerdy solo hobbies (car, computer). Just have to branch out and try new things.

This is actually a very good topic for guys fresh out of college to look at, as college it all just seems to happen for you with regard to making friends. When I first moved from college to a city where I literally knew no one, I was having the same hard time making friends, so I reflected on why it was so easy in college compared to the real world. Two things came to mind: First, everyone is of the same mentality in college about meeting new people for the most part. That's not the case in the real world, so throw that out (except maybe in some parts of major cities). But Second: Being in college was being a part of 'something'. Even high school, you're a part of 'something', a high school. So to meet more people, you have to be part of 'something' or multiple 'somethings'. I had to do all sorts of clubs/gyms as I worked with all older people so people from work were out of the question (which they should be anyways as separating work from your out-of-work life is always a great idea).

The MMA idea is a great one, esp. for meeting red-pill guys. Aside from the fact that it's the closest thing to an all-male space you can find these days, you'll find a lot of guys in there whose reason for being there is really self-defense oriented as they have a strong grasp on the realities of life and the factor physicality/violence plays in it (i.e. the red pill). I'm talking guys with PH'ds who understand no matter how smart, rich, or otherwise successful they are, it's all for not if someone comes along and beats them to death; they know money won't protect them. They get these harsh realities and by extension, they understand the red-pill ideas about women as well. Hell, one guy in my gym went as far as to say that his hot girlfriend probably wouldn't have been interested in him for who he was as a person if he also wasn't a fighter (understanding of status). And these are men of action, not talkers.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

I have a few different groups of guy friends that I like to chill with when I'm not gaming. They're party guys and lack any sort of respectable game.

I've hung out with a lot of guys that are into game and study it, yet I always find I can pick up much more effectively by rolling solo. Some have been vibe killers and others just cockblocked way too much.

I've only had 2 wings in my life that I can feel comfortable rolling with anytime and anywhere. One moved away and the other who was quite famous on the board, I roll with on the reg.

Most of the hardcore players here and out on the turf, the real upper echelon ones roll solo.

Quote: (07-30-2013 06:32 PM)G Trooper Wrote:  

I've only had 2 wings in my life that I can feel comfortable rolling with anytime and anywhere. One moved away and the other who was quite famous on the board, I roll with on the reg.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10661.html

Quote: (07-30-2013 03:01 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

I had a dude tape a note on my door asking if we could be friends. Freaked me out. He was a local celebrity of sorts too. A tv news reporter. I assumed a homo.

I sure hope you turned that into something useful.

Quote: (07-30-2013 06:43 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Haha that's not the person I was referring to. Although the person you linked to "rationalize this", I have rolled with in the past. That dudes game is extremely good.

Quote: (07-30-2013 06:48 PM)G Trooper Wrote:  

Haha that's not the person I was referring to. Although the person you linked to "rationalize this", I have rolled with in the past. That dudes game is extremely good.

Here you go.
http://www.rooshvforum.network/user-605.html

Quote: (07-30-2013 06:56 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (07-30-2013 06:48 PM)G Trooper Wrote:  

Here you go.
http://www.rooshvforum.network/user-605.html

Bingo. That's my boy.

I find American guys similar to American women.

You can't show them obvious interest. you should just say 'hey if you wanna grab a beer sometime, hit me up' and give him Your number.

You have to contact them just like when contacting chicks, otherwise they will freak out and run away. you need to give them a 'space'. you can't hit them up all the time unless you guys grew up together.
they do not like 'desperate guys' who are looking for friends. Just like girls, they like guys who already have many options.

^^^^^ Agreed Sebastian

Another cool way to meet new potential wings is to sign up to your local lair/ pua forum. Make sure you sign up with your real first name (or a cool nickname) because you will be known by this name forever more. In your intro post say you are new in town and want to meet folks. Easy.

Only problem is most puas you meet will be kinda weird but if you persist you will also end up hanging out with some cool people, who are just like you.

Quote: (07-31-2013 01:28 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I find American guys similar to American women.

You can't show them obvious interest. you should just say 'hey if you wanna grab a beer sometime, hit me up' and give him Your number.

You have to contact them just like when contacting chicks, otherwise they will freak out and run away. you need to give them a 'space'. you can't hit them up all the time unless you guys grew up together.
they do not like 'desperate guys' who are looking for friends. Just like girls, they like guys who already have many options.

So true, and it goes not only for American guys but Western guys in general, I'm new to Barcelona and I;m in the process of looking for friends and hopefully creating a social circle and it's tough...You can't show interest or otherwise you'll seem desperate..Ironically, people wanna hang out with you when you already have many friends and options and you don't really need new people..Another thing is people (men and women) warm up to you once they see you at least a few times in a natural, non-premediated setting (e.g. office, class, social circle).. The problem for me though is I work at home, I am done with school and classes and the only option left for me are the so called language exchange meet-ups, but unfortunately you get all kinds of people there (oldies, geeks, etc) people I don't really seek to hang out with in my private life.

Quote: (07-30-2013 06:48 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

What do you mean?

I wouldn't want to be seen around town with a local celebrity whose a homo.

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (07-31-2013 02:37 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Quote: (07-30-2013 06:48 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

What do you mean?

I wouldn't want to be seen around town with a local celebrity whose a homo.

The least you could do is get a blowjob out of it.

No homo, of course.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Maybe we should talk about how to game American Men lol (def not for bang)

'hey bro, you got a lighter?' and then start rambling, sounds about right?
At the end of the conversation, tell him, 'hey man, you seem like a cool buy, hit me up if you want to grab a drink sometime, take my number'

Repeat till you have couple guys who actually contact you?

It's such a weird feeling if a guy doesn't contact you. 'He's just not that into you'

LOL

Quote: (07-30-2013 11:30 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

just watch out for the legitimate psychopaths.....

there was one guy that went to one of the schools i went to that was on Vitamin S, he flipped out one day and choked out this older guy with a bat choke.... messed up shit.

BJJ isn't a sport for everyone, but if you manage to tough it out the first couple of months its great.