rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the deal with GMO foods?

I'm having a tough time figuring out what is really wrong with eating genetically modified foods.

I've spent a good deal of time researching it online and the signal to noise ratio is pretty bad. The only thing that seems to stand out is Monsanto suing farmers for their plants cross breeding with other GMO seeds (licensing issue).

This I don't support, but beyond that what else is there?

Health-wise, there's no good evidence that they're harmful and there are lots of well-done, replicated studies showing no more health risk than non-GMO foods. As far as I can tell, most opposition to GMO foods stems from the mistaken notion that the process used to create them is "unnatural" and therefore harmful (despite the fact that farmers have been doing basically the exact same thing, just in a more uncontrolled fashion, for thousands of years through selective breeding). Bottom line, they're safe and there really shouldn't be a controversy over them but people are stupid.

This study is mentioned in the documentary "the world according to monsanto". Biology is not my expertise so I don't know the quality of the study.

http://www.ijbs.com/v05p0706.htm

Conclusion of the article:

"Patho-physiological profiles are unique for each GM crop/food, underlining the necessity for a case-by-case evaluation of their safety, as is largely admitted and agreed by regulators. It is not possible to make comments concerning any general, similar subchronic toxic effect for all GM foods. However, in the three GM maize varieties that formed the basis of this investigation, new side effects linked to the consumption of these cereals were revealed, which were sex- and often dose-dependent. Effects were mostly concentrated in kidney and liver function, the two major diet detoxification organs, but in detail differed with each GM type. In addition, some effects on heart, adrenal, spleen and blood cells were also frequently noted. As there normally exists sex differences in liver and kidney metabolism, the highly statistically significant disturbances in the function of these organs, seen between male and female rats, cannot be dismissed as biologically insignificant as has been proposed by others [4]. We therefore conclude that our data strongly suggests that these GM maize varieties induce a state of hepatorenal toxicity. This can be due to the new pesticides (herbicide or insecticide) present specifically in each type of GM maize, although unintended metabolic effects due to the mutagenic properties of the GM transformation process cannot be excluded [42]. All three GM maize varieties contain a distinctly different pesticide residue associated with their particular GM event (glyphosate and AMPA in NK 603, modified Cry1Ab in MON 810, modified Cry3Bb1 in MON 863). These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown. Furthermore, any side effect linked to the GM event will be unique in each case as the site of transgene insertion and the spectrum of genome wide mutations will differ between the three modified maize types. In conclusion, our data presented here strongly recommend that additional long-term (up to 2 years) animal feeding studies be performed in at least three species, preferably also multi-generational, to provide true scientifically valid data on the acute and chronic toxic effects of GM crops, feed and foods. Our analysis highlights that the kidneys and liver as particularly important on which to focus such research as there was a clear negative impact on the function of these organs in rats consuming GM maize varieties for just 90 days."

Basicly this study shows some nasty side effects. But it's really hard to reach a final conclusion due to the lack of studies. Use at your own risk I'd say...

Europe doesn't seem to big on it:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-18/mo...eu/4829634

Nor does Asia:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/30...57240.html

Eventually we will need every boost we can get. Bring on GMO. The Earth can barely support 7 billion people let alone 10 billion. Humans are a cancer to the Earth no doubt about it.

I think this is going to be the greatest time period to live in. Few wars, high standard of living, and the Earth is doing okay. I wouldnt feel like a shithead bringing children into this world. 100 years from now who knows.

Our next major world war wont be due to religion. It will be for resources. Bet on it.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Squirrels wont eat that shit. I saw another one where ants were not eating gmo over natural shit somewhere but I can't find it...
[Image: birds_wont_eat_gmo_corn.jpg]
[Image: 550217_10151203067388718_1000027860_n.jpg]
[Image: 941576_510718288977888_461570886_n.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

She go crazy, is hamster!

Humans have evolved together with other species. Our body and digestive system actualy RECOGNIZES WHAT FRUIT/VEGETABLE WE EAT!

It's called enzymes. They are chemical instructions for eating a fruit/vegetable. If it is something that acts as instruction for our body how to most effectively digest the food we eat. If we eat a fruit or vegetable from area of our genetic origin then our body knows what we eat.

If I as an Eauropean eat an apple from my country then our body knows that it is an apple and it digests it with supreme efficiency that is healthy for me, because my ancestors and the apple have evolved together for thousands of years.

If I were to eat a poatoe - a food imported to Europe from America 500 years ago - my organism would recognise it but not so well because my ancestors only have a 500 year history of adjusting to this food. It is not as good for me as for native americains, who would probably have a harder time digesting an apple from my garden.

But if we eat heavily processed food like something baked or genetically modificated - then our organism says- WTF is that? It' will digest it if we have put it in our mouth as best as it can, but it will have no instructions for it and will do a much poorer job extracting the right things to the right places.

I see no point in eating GMO vegetables. Therse are not natural vegetables - they are processed foods - equivalent to sausages, snickers bars and baked soymeatballs.

Europeans and Asians live in a land of their genetic origin so they have an instinct to insist on eating their home foods. If I were from Poland I will give preferance to fruits/vegetables from Poland and not imported ones from Spain. Similarry Spanish people will prefer Spanish fruits/veggies and not imports from Poland.

As americains you are all eating foods not originating from your genetic background. Threfore you are all about Chinese food/ French food e.t.c., that we Europeans dont eat much, just a bit for curiosity but generally we prefer our own. Therefore you have no instinct to safeguard your markets from GMO foods. And therefore (altrough there are probably much more significant reasons, but also this reason contributes a bit) you are fat and sick, too fat and too sick for such a well developed economy.

It has not been conclusively proved that GMO foods are harmful to humans.

That ants will not eat the GMO maize is a feature, not a bug (pun intended), though. If it is the case with a squirrel.. then that is a very bad sign.

But the burden of proof does not lie with those who point out that they might be harmful, but rather those who manufacture them.

The big question is whether it is safe to introduce a single strand of anther organism´s DNA into another organism. No one really knows yet.

Though, for some GMOs, the goal is to make the crops grow in less nutrient rich soils. To me that is a no-brainer; if you can make "empty shell" produce then you are diminishing the quality of the food supply, leading to sick and miserable humans.

People forget that the population of any animal species naturally adjusts to the available resources. Humans are not above this. If you increase the food supply via GMO, then you are just postponing the problem. There must be checks to keep the population in place. You can have the natural ones (famine and predation by other species (human case: war)), or artificial ones (family planning). So allowing GMO will make a few people very rich, and postpone responsible behavior for some more years. It will probably be legalized almost everywhere.

Now it is true that the total human population is beginning to stabilize; I see this as a sign that the carrying capacity is being reached in less developed countries (a function primarily of food and water distribution), as well as the first world countries successfully having enacted family planning.

So like any drug.. just say no.

While there's a broad consensus that GMO foods aren't harmful, we must all keep in mind exactly who is responsible for ensuring our safety:

FDA, USDA, and the companies that develop and use these crops: Monsanto, ADM, Kraft, General Mills, Dole...

Do a little research...none of the above agencies or companies have a very clean record of having public health and safety in their best interests. Americans have been marketed to death to eat cereal, bananas, homogenized milk, Aspartame, GMO everything, preservatives, MSG, food dyes...

None of which will kill you outright. But just look at our public health.

I for one don't advocate eating GMO foods. Not because they're inherently bad for you, but I'm a firm believer in the old fashioned notion that the best tasting, most nutrition-rich food comes from well-tended earth.

For those of you that would reply, "Well, that's great if you can afford it, but someone has to feed the earth's population", I'd say this: agri-business is not in the game to feed the earth. We produce way more soy, corn, and wheat than we actually need. We overproduce. And we kill the land in the process, removing it's mineral and nutrient content and pumping it full of pesticides and nitrogen that creates gigantic dead zones at water outlets. We're sitting on millions of tons of commodity grain that is waiting to be marketed for cereal, animal feed, refined, etc. The world as it is has more than enough resources to feed every man woman and child on earth in a healthy and sustainable way even when we reach 10 billion people. It would only happen if corporations and individuals adopted a more responsible and sustainable model for food production, and not one that is ultimately based in profit.

In other words, I'm not holding my breath.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Point is nobody can sure for sure that GMO foods are safe. It might take a few generations of humans to eat these foods to find out it fucks your DNA and your kids have four heads or some crazy, terrible "side effect" like that.

I think there has been enough research to suggest, GMO may not be 100% for me and most people I know just see no reason to eat it! Also, there have been studies to show GMO food is *much* less nutricious than ordinary food.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...-corn.aspx

Also, to feed the world, it isn't necessary for one big company to sell them mutated seeds, but for farmers to get more intelligent about how they farm. For example Indian farmers are getting huge increases in productivity by using micronutrients.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-develop...nrich-soil

I've decided GMO is everything the non-GMO activists and conspiracy theorists say it is, namely: poison. I put zero credibility in peer-reviewed studies for things the government wants to push. They want to keep the public education system in place to make kids stupid, so the Department of Education funds a study to discredit school vouchers. They want to push through Obamacare, so they make all kinds of studies for that.

Aspartame is a perfect example. It caused an uproar, the administration waged a massive propaganda campaign to say it's completely safet... and it's taught formally in pharmaceutical school that it breaks down into methanol once ingested. It's literally taught professionally, yet the FDA was able to push it through.

Quote: (07-28-2013 07:31 PM)tiggaling Wrote:  

Point is nobody can sure for sure that GMO foods are safe. It might take a few generations of humans to eat these foods to find out it fucks your DNA and your kids have four heads or some crazy, terrible "side effect" like that.

I think there has been enough research to suggest, GMO may not be 100% for me and most people I know just see no reason to eat it! Also, there have been studies to show GMO food is *much* less nutricious than ordinary food.

Also, to feed the world, it isn't necessary for one big company to sell them mutated seeds, but for farmers to get more intelligent about how they farm. For example Indian farmers are getting huge increases in productivity by using micronutrients.

Fringe Research has been on this for a while but Big-Agra and Mass Media dismissed its findings. Only until Harvard came out with its study last year or so did they have to stop trying to downplay the risks. These rats were given a equivalent of 25 years of a steady diet of GMO foods and all died early and/or developed rank ass tumors:

[Image: Rat-Tumor-Monsanto-GMO-Cancer-Study-3-Wide.jpg]

The stuff is pretty much poison. Bees don't like it, nor do ants or animals, Monsanto scientists won't even eat the stuff and demand that their staff/company cafeterias are only stocked with non-GMO products.

North America has been left in the dark on this. We are in the minority as most nations have banned the stuff outright as it: (A) It ends up crossing into the native population like a invasive species, (B) It has dodgy health effects on humans long term.

The thing that is the worst is that in the Western key are staple food-crops (Wheat, Corn, Soy) are nearly 99% GMO. In Canada non-GMO wheat does not exist, it purged the real stuff out of the cycle. Non-GMO has to be imported or grown on a super small scale here and even then I don't even think the grain lobby would let you sell the stuff.

I agree that the term GMO is a blanket term. Humans have been manipulating crops for hundreds of years. Things like yellow corn, the store tomato, and I believe the store Banana were manipulated way back in the day. But it's different doing this naturally over time and not messing with genetically components in a petri-dish. Wheat now has more gluten, less fiber and fat then the old grains did. Ancient wheat was more sticky and robust, it did not cause the glycemic shock waves like typical wheat does not nor did it digest poorly. People especially kids now can't even eat bread without shitting out bricks and they still don't try to question their food and the quality of that they eat. Big-Agra poisons you with food then tries to sell you glueten-free alternatives on the other end, its a joke.

GMO is basically stripped of most nutrients. If it is processed fake nutrients are added back and in and nobody even knows if they are absorbed back into the body. One test ran on breakfast cereals found that the cardboard box had more bio-available nutrients then the actual breakfast cereal.

It makes no sense. We eat like shit here in the west and yet we how some how the most "well-off" and richest of people on earth yet we eat worse than dogs (go look how much Meat protein is present in most good quality dog foods, I assure you they are getting more beneficial proteins and ingredients from their food then you do from your salt pumped chicken breats).

To put it bluntly GMO will kill you sooner than non-GMO foods. But this does not mean go run out and stock up on Organics either that industry has a shady side also with many loop holes which in the grand scheme make it marginally healthy. One has to totally re-think their approach to food and what they expect to get out of it. Its almost impossible to be perfect unless you take matters into your own hands, or have bottomless amounts of cash, but it should be a top priority in anybody life - trying to eat the best quality food they can possibly afford and access.

Outside of personal health concerns, it also appears that GMO products also don't do what they are supposed to do. Herbicide resistant crops were supposed to reduce herbicide use - farmers could just use one heavy dose of herbicide and that's that.

Instead, mother nature has evolved superweeds and now farmers have to use more herbicide than ever before.

Since the GMO companies own the herbicide companies, this is great for corporations.

But I don't think that I want to eat stuff that has to be heavily soaked in chemicals.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...092839.htm

You mean the way young girls start puberty at age 5 to 10 instead of 12 to 14?

GMO is just a modification of the plant or animal's genetics to pursue a desired goal. It really depends on what changes are pursued an actually occur. I suppose it could be possible to accidentally introduce a production of a harmful chemical into a plant, but that would not be a problem inherent to GMO.

Quote:Wikipedia Wrote:

With classical breeding techniques, the breeder does not know exactly what genes have been introduced to the new cultivars. Some scientists therefore argue that plants produced by classical breeding methods should undergo the same safety testing regime as genetically modified plants. There have been instances where plants bred using classical techniques have been unsuitable for human consumption, for example the poison solanine was unintentionally increased to unacceptable levels in certain varieties of potato through plant breeding. New potato varieties are often screened for solanine levels before reaching the marketplace.

Also: Organic food found no more nutritious than conventionally grown food: http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/organ...1209055264

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The next generations upper and lower classes in society will be defined by what they eat and what food they have access to.

We're already seeing this today with people putting everything on their plate on instagram/twitter/Facebook etc Proper food is a luxury.

Quote: (07-28-2013 02:28 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Health-wise, there's no good evidence that they're harmful and there are lots of well-done, replicated studies showing no more health risk than non-GMO foods. As far as I can tell, most opposition to GMO foods stems from the mistaken notion that the process used to create them is "unnatural" and therefore harmful (despite the fact that farmers have been doing basically the exact same thing, just in a more uncontrolled fashion, for thousands of years through selective breeding). Bottom line, they're safe and there really shouldn't be a controversy over them but people are stupid.

Please tell me more about those Monsanto funded studies.

[Image: fda-monsanto.jpg]

Quote: (07-29-2013 04:19 AM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (07-28-2013 02:28 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Please tell me more about those Monsanto funded studies.

Well here are a couple of AMA review articles in the unlikely event that you think scientific evidence carries more weight than internet memes.

http://www.ama-assn.org/resources/doc/cs...dfoods.pdf
http://www.ama-assn.org/resources/doc/csaph/csai-00.pdf

-Yeah, lets just trust Monsanto if they say their products are safe. After all they probably learned from the previous mistakes of Agent Orange and PCB....

-It's really crazy that people buying corn from Monsanto are not even allowed to test the safety of the product.
If you want to test the safety of any product, you should be free to do so.
The American law system continues to amaze me.

-A guy being hired from Monsanto to do research on the safety of the product was fired short time after he publicly announced the negatively health impact GMOs have on rats.

-I haven't payed to much attention on GMO, but from now I'll make sure to find a politically organizations opinion before voting in the next election. Make sure we can continue to keep this shit outside Norway.

I wrote a post on this awhile back - Biotech is Godzilla

That's an anti-Monsanto diatribe, but I'll cut to the chase and give the TL[Image: biggrin.gif]R money quote as to the primary problem with GMO crops:

Quote:Quote:

Here's a recently published study on the effects of glyphosate on the human gut biome (your gut bacteria, you know, the key to your immune system). Glyphosate is the key ingredient in Round Up, the herbicide that all Monsanto crops have been genetically engineered to withstand repeated spraying to kill weeds, insects and rodents?

Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup®, is the most popular herbicide used worldwide. The industry asserts it is minimally toxic to humans, but here we argue otherwise. Residues are found in the main foods of the Western diet, comprised primarily of sugar, corn, soy and wheat. Glyphosate's inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes is an overlooked component of its toxicity to mammals. CYP enzymes play crucial roles in biology, one of which is to detoxify xenobiotics. Thus, glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other food borne chemical residues and environmental toxins. Negative impact on the body is insidious and manifests slowly over time as inflammation damages cellular systems throughout the body.

Here, we show how interference with CYP enzymes acts synergistically with disruption of the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids by gut bacteria, as well as impairment in serum sulfate transport. Consequences are most of the diseases and conditions associated with a Western diet, which include gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, autism, infertility, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. We explain the documented effects of glyphosate and its ability to induce disease, and we show that glyphosate is the “textbook example” of exogenous semiotic entropy: the disruption of homeostasis by environmental toxins.

All the processed food, all the feed lot grain, gardens, lawns and golf courses have been inundated with glysophate.

Well here are a couple of AMA review articles in the unlikely event that you think scientific evidence carries more weight than internet memes.

AMA articles are not "scientific evidence."

Most times, they are flawed and/or deliberately deceptive studies done to convince the sheeple that GMO's are perfectly fine.

How does this happen? Easy. It's called the revolving door of Big Ag execs who are also appointed to various cabinet and regulatory Government agencies who then work to pass laws and promote propaganda so that the Big Ag corps like Monsanto and Cargill et al can get away with profiting off of poisoning us all.

[Image: monsanto-employees-government-revolving-door.jpg]

[Image: 644246_543647842324697_1778325026_n.jpg]

Quote: (07-28-2013 02:57 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Europe doesn't seem to big on it:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-18/mo...eu/4829634

Nor does Asia:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/30...57240.html

You can look for scientific proof that GMO is bad for you, which is the typical stance in the States and in the media, and procede until then as if everything is OK. This approach has not worked for me.

Or you can look at the effect of the food supply on a country with widespread GMO (the obese United States) versus those that do not. It is pretty easy to see the contemporary United States as a huge experiment in how to feed a people. So much of what we eat (start with HFCS, GMO foods) is banned around the world.

I stopped eating GMO, which is difficult in the U.S., during my time abroad. In short my body changed from being a typical middle-aged testosterone challenged American to a fairly, lean thin and increasingly muscular man. Sure, I went to the gym, but no more than before.

The cases about U.S. wheat (take a look at "Wheat Belly"), while not technically GMO, seems to have some legs.

My rule, if your grandparents (increasingly, great-grandparents) did not eat it, it is not food.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage

I have a few caveats:

1) Is it totally clear that the various diseases afflicting Americans is an effect that can be isolated to chemical components of the food eaten, and not just excessive eating in general?

2) Are the apparently significant increases in various diseases due to the changing population composition of the US? All the whites are getting older - thus fatter and sicker - and our young people are increasingly mexican, who are already fat at young ages, and have a high propensity towards diabetes. Unless controlled for, that would imply automatic increases of certain disease rates.

3) Are there alternative brands you can buy? If not, why not? What's keeping the market from supplying products for something so obviously in demand?

4) In a topic such as sperm count, a study was pioneered in Denmark showing how sperm-count was decreasing over time. Denmark is one of the most puritanical socieities in the world when it comes to banning chemicals, yet Danes have worse sperm counts than Americans. That doesn't seem to clearly fit the narrative.

One thing I noticed when in CA this summer is how the banning of various pesticides has made it impossible to keep various bugs at bay. You ban the pesticides because of fear, but instead up having to deal with destroyed vegitation. I suppose there is no clear cut answer - each approach involves trade-offs. I for one never eat organic because I believe it's a marketing scam that the NET benefit is significant. Just eat appropriately and work out. I'll let you know how it goes in 30 years.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

I hate to say it, but I almost feel like everything you eat back home in the US is killing you somehow. GMO is just a part of it.

It starts with Big Agriculture, who poison almost everything we eat somehow – from GMO fruits and veggies to hormone and antibiotic-laden meats. Then the big consumer product companies like Kraft, Heinz, Campbell’s etc. use all sorts of preservatives & chemicals and load up everything you eat with excessive amounts of sugar (or rather corn syrup, which is GMO) and salt and G*d knows what else. They also put all sorts of additives into the food to literally make you crave it - the fast food companies in particular do this I think.

Then you've got Big Pharma who are pushing their 'cures' for everything and come up with all these drugs for everything imaginable, from “ED” to ‘depression’ to ‘restless leg syndrome’ to ‘irritable bowel syndrome’. I’m convinced that they literally make up half these afflictions (most of which are probably side effects from some other drug, or from eating all the GMO crap or hormonal beef 24-7, or hell even from drinking soft drinks or pasteurized milk daily).

Almost everything that’s been done in the food chain in America has been geared toward making food more attractive & colorful, less perishable, more easily transportable, easier to consume and more profitable for the big companies – as opposed to making it more healthy.

I remember leaving the US and coming to EE and being amazed that the tomatoes and other veggies seemed to have more flavor abroad - and only lasted a few days in the fridge - unlike American tomatoes which last a week or more and are modified to be really plump, red, big and preserve longer. The worry now is that these GMO crops eventually spread their way around the world and get into everyone's business.

It’s pretty awful. Every time I come home and see all these obese people, and observe the eating habits and am just shocked – no wonder the US has the most obese and unhealthy people in the history of the planet. I have noticed I start feeling sick more and more when I eat a lot of the meats and foods back home too – no joke. I guess that’s our amazing capitalist system at work – you can have all the iPhones and big-screen TVs you want, but meanwhile the food is killing you….but you’ll crave it anyway….wonderful.

Seems it would be so much easier just to eat healthy and not get sick as opposed to having treatments for all these ailments that the system has created and are unlikely to go away until something changes.
But what can we do? Not sure we can do anything at this point given how powerful Big Ag & Pharma are and all the lobbying they do in congress to prove out food is nutritious and good for us. That’s a very powerful lobby – no wonder we are where we are today.

Anyway….despite all of the above, I still just can’t help myself when I’m back home and literally HAVE to have a fountain Coke and big cheeseburger from In ‘n Out burger, and Chick-fil-a, and Chipotle at least one time when I’m back.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Quote: (07-28-2013 10:49 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Fringe Research has been on this for a while but Big-Agra and Mass Media dismissed its findings. Only until Harvard came out with its study last year or so did they have to stop trying to downplay the risks. These rats were given a equivalent of 25 years of a steady diet of GMO foods and all died early and/or developed rank ass tumors:

[Image: Rat-Tumor-Monsanto-GMO-Cancer-Study-3-Wide.jpg]

The stuff is pretty much poison. Bees don't like it, nor do ants or animals, Monsanto scientists won't even eat the stuff and demand that their staff/company cafeterias are only stocked with non-GMO products.

North America has been left in the dark on this. We are in the minority as most nations have banned the stuff outright as it: (A) It ends up crossing into the native population like a invasive species, (B) It has dodgy health effects on humans long term.

The thing that is the worst is that in the Western key are staple food-crops (Wheat, Corn, Soy) are nearly 99% GMO. In Canada non-GMO wheat does not exist, it purged the real stuff out of the cycle. Non-GMO has to be imported or grown on a super small scale here and even then I don't even think the grain lobby would let you sell the stuff.

I agree that the term GMO is a blanket term. Humans have been manipulating crops for hundreds of years. Things like yellow corn, the store tomato, and I believe the store Banana were manipulated way back in the day. But it's different doing this naturally over time and not messing with genetically components in a petri-dish. Wheat now has more gluten, less fiber and fat then the old grains did. Ancient wheat was more sticky and robust, it did not cause the glycemic shock waves like typical wheat does not nor did it digest poorly. People especially kids now can't even eat bread without shitting out bricks and they still don't try to question their food and the quality of that they eat. Big-Agra poisons you with food then tries to sell you glueten-free alternatives on the other end, its a joke.

GMO is basically stripped of most nutrients. If it is processed fake nutrients are added back and in and nobody even knows if they are absorbed back into the body. One test ran on breakfast cereals found that the cardboard box had more bio-available nutrients then the actual breakfast cereal.

It makes no sense. We eat like shit here in the west and yet we how some how the most "well-off" and richest of people on earth yet we eat worse than dogs (go look how much Meat protein is present in most good quality dog foods, I assure you they are getting more beneficial proteins and ingredients from their food then you do from your salt pumped chicken breats).

To put it bluntly GMO will kill you sooner than non-GMO foods. But this does not mean go run out and stock up on Organics either that industry has a shady side also with many loop holes which in the grand scheme make it marginally healthy. One has to totally re-think their approach to food and what they expect to get out of it. Its almost impossible to be perfect unless you take matters into your own hands, or have bottomless amounts of cash, but it should be a top priority in anybody life - trying to eat the best quality food they can possibly afford and access.

Listen to this podcast for a scientist's perspective on GMO.

http://impruvism.com/gmo-foods-podcast/

Very interesting stuff.

tl;dl: There's no scientific proof that eating GMO's are going to give you cancer of the super aids.

Be wary of the pleb and hippies for they love attributing causality when it doesn't exist.

As an aside, we have very little understanding about nutrition as it is.

Especially how it affects our health.

There's no money to be made with this diet advice:

Eat a balanced and varied diet.

Don't overeat.