rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

47 Ronin
7 Ronin
Just saw the trailer for this movie:

What do you guys think of it?

Isaiah 4:1
7 Ronin
I heard a while back that they were doing a movie based on the famous story, and was really looking forward to it.

That said, this looks like some combo of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon + 300 + Last Samurai.

I'll withhold judgement till I start to see the Rotten Tomatoes reviews come in.

But based on first impressions, I really wish they had left out the magic stuff and kept it closer to reality.

Good example of this, trailer for one of my favourite Samurai movies from recent times (available on Netflix):

Here's the full movie I just found on Vimeo:

And here's another from the same director, still well reviewed, but not as good as 13 Assassins:

7 Ronin
Quote: (07-27-2013 04:19 AM)CJ_W Wrote:  

Just saw the trailer for this movie:

What do you guys think of it?

Meh, straight to DVD.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"
7 Ronin
Quote: (07-27-2013 04:44 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

Meh, straight to DVD.

Damn, harsh.

At least the effects look cool.

7 Ronin
oh wow, those look a lot better! Maybe Ill just check those out instead.

7 Ronin
Just edited my original post since I found the full movie on Vimeo, let us know what you think
7 Ronin
Withholding judgment, it looks fun enough.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee
7 Ronin
Gmac I saw same preview at wolverine last night. Looks good enough for me.
7 Ronin
Quote: (07-27-2013 07:37 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Gmac I saw same preview at wolverine last night. Looks good enough for me.

Thoughts on Wolverine? Without going away spoilers.

I didn't enjoy it.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock
7 Ronin
Wolverine had it's moments, but ultimately I thought it was a little flat. I think I liked the Origins one better.
7 Ronin
Quote: (07-27-2013 05:17 AM)LeBeau Wrote:  

Just edited my original post since I found the full movie on Vimeo, let us know what you think

Wow, it was pirated that fast? wow lol . . .well Ill check it out then haha. Was kinda on the fence on whether to go see it or not.

7 Ronin
It sounds an allegory where the Europeans come to save Asia from its own menace.
7 Ronin
Quote: (07-27-2013 09:30 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Wolverine had it's moments, but ultimately I thought it was a little flat. I think I liked the Origins one better.

i just saw it today, to me it had some white knight scenes that made it fall short, the first one was better but the credit scenes is what made it interesting
7 Ronin
Wolverine is so blue pill that it is disgusting. The only good thing was Hugh Jackman's masculininity...but he did some over the top white knighting for a very average looking chick.

**********SPOILERS***************

Then there was the high amount of dudes dying all over the place, and the one female villian killed hundreds before dying to the hands of ....a female. And when a male tried ot kill her off, barely affected her. It just makes males look way too disposable and takes white-knighting to the extreme. Atleast Man of Steel kept Lois in check and made sure the female villian got her ass kicked even if Superman white knighted for lois.
7 Ronin
Tom Cruise wants his movie back.

Aside from that, will peep. Sucker for this kinda stuff.

WIA