rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Perfect Summer Snack ( SERIOUS, man)

I never knew you could freeze bananas. Just throw the whole banana still in the peel into the freezer.

Do it when they quite ripe, but not overripe, the process of freezing and thawing seems to soften them up, like another two days of ripening.

BUT HERE IS WHAT IS FANTASTIC.

After you take one (two is better) out of the freezer, let it thaw for just about 15 minutes, until it's partially thawed. Don't get distracted, because if it totally thaws it's just like an overripe banana.

But if you get it at the right moment while it's half frozen, it is incredibly tasty.
Cut it open lengthwise, put on plate and eat with a spoon like ice cream.
It tastes like totally healthy ice cream, and is good for you.

Great after a long day in the sun bike riding or the like.

CHEAP, HEALTHY, FAST, EASY.

Another hack is to buy a shit ton when they are on sale. Skin them and freeze a big bunch to use in smoothies, you won't need ice and can just add your juice/milk/liquid in like you regularly would.

Quote: (07-23-2013 05:12 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Skin them and freeze a big bunch to use in smoothies, you won't need ice and can just add your juice/milk/liquid in like you regularly would.

Did this exact thing last night.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (07-23-2013 05:12 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Another hack is to buy a shit ton when they are on sale. Skin them and freeze a big bunch to use in smoothies, you won't need ice and can just add your juice/milk/liquid in like you regularly would.
This. Awesome.

Can anyone recommend a decent blender for making protein shakes? I don't want to get another cheap ass walmart blender that dies on the fourth margarita.

I live to freeze and blend fruit.

My favorite frozen banana shake is:

2 frozen bananas
1.5 cups of almond/rice or regular milk
1 cup of nuts (almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
Dash of cinnamon
2 scoops of vanilla or chocolate protein powder.

I also freeze and blend watermelons, mangos, papayas, berries, acai, honeydew melons, avocados, etc.

Actually, its better to add the avocados soft and not frozen. Avocados add a great creamy texture to all shakes and smoothies.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4585-p...l#pid59012

Quote: (07-24-2013 01:14 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Can anyone recommend a decent blender for making protein shakes? I don't want to get another cheap ass walmart blender that dies on the fourth margarita.

Walmart has cheap, low quality blenders and they also have more expensive, higher quality blenders.

Get a more expensive one. Glass not plastic.

If you want high quality, get this one from Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/15436117?wmlsp...50&veh=sem

I used to eat these a lot. Then they were buy one get one free at the store and I bought all 12 boxes from the store..... now I dont eat them as much and got boxes and boxes in my spare freezer :/
[Image: DSC08664_zpsea722858.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (07-24-2013 02:59 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I used to eat these a lot. Then they were buy one get one free at the store and I bought all 12 boxes from the store..... now I dont eat them as much and got boxes and boxes in my spare freezer :/
[Image: DSC08664_zpsea722858.jpg]
I gave a box of these things to a friend of mine whom was a major brother loving hoe for her Bday once.
[Image: laugh2.gif]