rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Backpackers and Pussy

Backpackers and Pussy

I find the backpacking crowd strange sometimes and try to distance myself from them a bit, but what's with the guys? A lot of the time they seem oblivious to the local pussy. To be sure, the ones with game are getting laid plenty from all the European and American broads that travel the circuit, but it's like a lot of these guys don't even notice the local birds at all.

I can understand that some people have qualms with what they perceive as taking advantage of income disparities, but I can't understand completely taking a country's women off of your radar.

They're really in their own world. It's like they're not even in Thailand or Cambodia or wherever. I remember an older guy mentioning to me once how kids these days just travel around Southeast Asia, moving from one reggae bar to the next.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Backpackers and Pussy

Refer to in 80 girls around the world by Neil Skywalker. He explains this phenomenon quite well imo.
What I would write here would mostly repeat his words.

Backpackers and Pussy

I felt much the same way. Back at that time I just didn't put any thought into it. I figured that maybe I'll "get lucky" or something and left it at that. I was oblivious to the fact that you have to research where to stay, where to go, logistics, language, cultural norms, etc and if any of these things are skipped you chances of any action are slim.

Don't get me wrong, I still do very much believe traveling is rewarding for it's own sake. I went to Bolivia for photography and the cultural experience, not to lay Quechua women. It would be a tragedy to think your trip sucked because you didn't get any pussy. Though of course getting some poon is a major icing on the cake.

Backpackers and Pussy

I don't thing they're oblivious I just think a lot of them are out of their depth with much of the local talent. I know there are a lot of "I never pay for sex" guys on this board, but there are probably very few who never pay for anything. If you were a local chick who do you choose: The guy in a dorm or the guy in a hotel with a pool? The guy dressed nicely or the guy in flip flops and a Bob Marley tee shirt? The guy who can buy a bottle and share it with you and your friends or the guy counting every beer?

Also think about a lot of the women who date foreign guys in many of the cities we travel to. Most fuck foreigner because of the lifestyle they can have even for just one night. Read the Fista invades SE Asia thread and you'll see a lot of hey I fucked her too going on. You'll also read a lot of stories of guys who take the women on legitimate dates. No matter how good looking you are it's tough for most women to justify slumming it.

Many of the backpackers also travel in groups where hookups eventually happen. Over time many of them also get pretty clicky and don't feel the need to stray. Probably the only place I can really think of where backpackers did well with locals was Siem Reap, but I think that was mainly because backpackers were the main ones at a lot of the night spots. In Udon Thani I saw some backpackers do okay, but of the ones who actually got laid they were all willing to shell out for a bottle to split with some of the girls after they got off work. The ones who only bought beer for themselves went home alone. Even though I saw a lot of flips flops and shorts (including me), I don't recall seeing any unkempt backpackers.

Backpackers and Pussy

Depends on the country.

There's no way a poorly dressed backpacker with a dorm room and an impending flight out the country is going to impress a Korean/Taiwanese girl.

in Thailand, certainly, seen many backpackers have success with locals (i bet a lot of them shell out taxi money in the morning though).

Actually, we have to consider their motivations. most just want to drink with 'the LADs'. Reminds me of an interview with Queens of the Stone Age.

"why aren't you called Kings of the Stone Age?"
"The Kings of the Stone Age are too macho. They drink beer and mud wrestle while we sneak off with their girlfriends''

most backpackers just want to get drunk, stick their dick in their friends pint and shave each others eyebrows off in their sleep

;))

Backpackers and Pussy

Quote: (07-22-2013 09:21 PM)DoctaWho Wrote:  

I don't thing they're oblivious I just think a lot of them are out of their depth with much of the local talent. I know there are a lot of "I never pay for sex" guys on this board, but there are probably very few who never pay for anything. If you were a local chick who do you choose: The guy in a dorm or the guy in a hotel with a pool? The guy dressed nicely or the guy in flip flops and a Bob Marley tee shirt? The guy who can buy a bottle and share it with you and your friends or the guy counting every beer?

Also think about a lot of the women who date foreign guys in many of the cities we travel to. Most fuck foreigner because of the lifestyle they can have even for just one night. Read the Fista invades SE Asia thread and you'll see a lot of hey I fucked her too going on. You'll also read a lot of stories of guys who take the women on legitimate dates. No matter how good looking you are it's tough for most women to justify slumming it.

Many of the backpackers also travel in groups where hookups eventually happen. Over time many of them also get pretty clicky and don't feel the need to stray. Probably the only place I can really think of where backpackers did well with locals was Siem Reap, but I think that was mainly because backpackers were the main ones at a lot of the night spots. In Udon Thani I saw some backpackers do okay, but of the ones who actually got laid they were all willing to shell out for a bottle to split with some of the girls after they got off work. The ones who only bought beer for themselves went home alone. Even though I saw a lot of flips flops and shorts (including me), I don't recall seeing any unkempt backpackers.

Backpackers don't generally stay in dorms in SEA. Even backpackers can afford a room there.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Backpackers and Pussy

Backpackers don't leave the backpacker scene, so they either bang other backpackers, or the lowest of the low local girls. At least in Thailand, no respectable girl would be caught dead with a typical backpacker.

That doesn't mean he couldn't have some fun with a little dark isaan girl though, which can be quite enjoyable for a night.

Its like banging the local slut from high school. Everyone's fucked her, people may give you shit for banging her, but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun.

I would imagine that they get a lot of hate from jealous backpacker chicks as well if they stray for some local pussy. White chicks here are super jealous of the thin Thai girls, though they mask that envy by projecting hate towards them and the men who pursue them.

Backpackers and Pussy

Quote: (07-23-2013 02:03 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Backpackers don't leave the backpacker scene, so they either bang other backpackers, or the lowest of the low local girls.

Agreed. It's weird actually. Why travel to country X, Y, and Z only to hang out with non-locals?

That said, it's a good way to have potential wings if you're traveling solo. I remember years ago in Bulgaria I had the ideal setup. I ended up renting the hostel owner's former apartment all to myself, but had use of all the hostel's "services" = internet (as I said, years ago) and hanging out in the common areas (the apartment was down the street). One night, I showed up with 2 bottles of cheap Bulgarian vodka, got the entire hostel drunk, and took them all out clubbing with me. Helped to have some wings along, and also makes it easier to enter clubs with an entourage.

Backpackers and Pussy

Quote: (07-23-2013 01:46 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

Depends on the country.

There's no way a poorly dressed backpacker with a dorm room and an impending flight out the country is going to impress a Korean/Taiwanese girl.

in Thailand, certainly, seen many backpackers have success with locals (i bet a lot of them shell out taxi money in the morning though).

Actually, we have to consider their motivations. most just want to drink with 'the LADs'. Reminds me of an interview with Queens of the Stone Age.

"why aren't you called Kings of the Stone Age?"
"The Kings of the Stone Age are too macho. They drink beer and mud wrestle while we sneak off with their girlfriends''

most backpackers just want to get drunk, stick their dick in their friends pint and shave each others eyebrows off in their sleep

;))
Hey, LeightonBlackstock, what is Taiwanese girls' attitude towards white guys? I met a nice young Taiwanese girl on holiday abroad. Though she was friendly and seemed to enjoy hanging out with me, I got a feeling that she was a bit uncomfortable being seen with a white guy. Or was it just me?

Backpackers and Pussy

In Bangkok I think a lot of it just comes down to the fact that a lot of them simply haven't caught the yellow fever yet. I know the first time I went to Thailand I was chasing the Scandinavians and barely even noticed local girls. It wasn't until mid way through my second trip of six months that I really started to get a thing for Thai girls (and other Asian girls too).

Another reason is that they believe the often repeated "all Thai girls are prostitutes" bullshit that gets passed around hard. And that they don't want to be judged by the backpack cunts that assume every white male asian girl pairing is prostitution.

Then as Rio mentioned you have the fact that backpackers simply aren't in the venues where the normal Thai girls are because they don't know where they are (and probably have no desire to go to them as they would feel like fish out of water).

The slumming it, flip flops and shorts, and crappy guesthouses doesn't play much of a part in it I don't think. I've pulled very decent Thai girls around Banglampoo on nights that I didn't plan on going out and so was dressed in sportswear after getting food, and taken girls back to crappy guesthouses with shared bathrooms. This was from bars such as Molly and Bua Sa-aat, and street bars with a mostly Thai clientele like the late night bar that gets busy after Brick Bar closes opposite Buddy lodge. Of course you couldn't really get away with this at other nightlife areas though.

And of course language is another factor.

Backpackers and Pussy

A lot of hipster girls living in a parallel reality looking to bang the Bob Marley of their dreams. -> Bush world, not for me, I like it trimmed.

Backpackers and Pussy

Quote: (07-23-2013 01:46 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

Depends on the country.

^ what he said.

thailand/colombia/poland

vs.

india/samoa/zanesville, OH

Backpackers and Pussy

Quote: (07-22-2013 09:21 PM)DoctaWho Wrote:  

I don't thing they're oblivious I just think a lot of them are out of their depth with much of the local talent.

Yeah, if you think about it, a backpacker does everything wrong in regards to swooping.

A backpacker:

- Dresses terrible
- Has no dough
- Rarely speaks the local language
- Rolls in packs
- Doesn't have his own room
- Is a "traveler" with no long term potential

In fact, if you want to swoop girls while traveling, doing opposite of a backpacker is a great place to start.

Backpackers and Pussy

I find it hard to talk about "the backpacker crowd". The backpacker scenes are pretty different from country to country and in SEA, especially Thailand, it is probably the most boring one.

I am sure most of the guys would like to hook up with local women, but this isn't explained in the Lonely Planet.

Backpackers and Pussy

Quote: (07-23-2013 11:25 AM)libertad1312 Wrote:  

I find it hard to talk about "the backpacker crowd". The backpacker scenes are pretty different from country to country

Can you elaborate? I've found them to act and dress pretty much the same from place to place. In some countries they are a bit more hippy but those just seem to be the places where backpackers come in greater numbers.

Quote:Quote:

and in SEA, especially Thailand, it is probably the most boring one.

They seem to party their ass off here to me. I'm not into it because I'm just not in the least bit of cliquish person, but if I was to be into that scene I think SEA would be exactly where I'd go. It sometimes even invites me but I tire of it too quickly - some of the women are hot, but I don't like navigating all the bullshit that comes with traveling in groups. They travel in droves to the Thai islands, Cambodia, and Laos.

I am sure most of the guys would like to hook up with local women, but this isn't explained in the Lonely Planet.

It doesn't take a book to figure out how to get laid in SEA.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Backpackers and Pussy

It's not really just about pussy and money too when it comes to the backpacker scene. When I had a stop in Vienna, me and another friend were going to check out the other bars/nightlife neighborhoods catered to the locals but the dudes we pregamed with kept drinking & joking around while spending more & more dough at the hostel bar, which was really the same price as everything else in the city. I mean they could've done that same exact thing all while checking out unique areas and local scenery they no longer have access to now.

Backpackers and Pussy

In the Loki hostels in Peru and Bolivia there are guys who hang in the same hostel for weeks and only chase backpacker girls and get drunk every night or go on pub crawls with the same hostel crowd (and get drunk every night, going home dick in hand).

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Backpackers and Pussy

I can vouch for what Neil says about Loki. I stayed at Loki Lima, and to be honest it was great, but you have to distance yourself a little from the people staying there. It's like an international frat house. 80% of the people who stay there only hang out with other backpackers and only even attempt to hook up with other backpackers. I couldn't understand it. They may as well have just stayed in their own country and joined a frat house. But if you break away and do your own thing it's a great place to stay if you're looking to have fun. The bar is always packed and they always have a good place lined up for after hours. The food isn't half bad either and super cheap.

Backpackers and Pussy

Quote: (07-23-2013 11:48 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Can you elaborate? I've found them to act and dress pretty much the same from place to place. In some countries they are a bit more hippy but those just seem to be the places where backpackers come in greater numbers.

They seem to party their ass off here to me. I'm not into it because I'm just not in the least bit of cliquish person, but if I was to be into that scene I think SEA would be exactly where I'd go. It sometimes even invites me but I tire of it too quickly - some of the women are hot, but I don't like navigating all the bullshit that comes with traveling in groups. They travel in droves to the Thai islands, Cambodia, and Laos.

Nah, there are huge differences. In SEA it is all about getting drunk and making some new facebook profile pictures. This is boring to me. As you said, they just travel in huge groups from tourist beach to hostels to reggae bars. The people claim to do something special and adventurous but the only difference to a normal all-in package holiday is the fact that they are moving places every day. But even for this the big majority of people doesn't even see local railway station or a bus terminal.

Everybody is talking about the big adventure and how much they love to explore new cultures, while only a small minority really opens themselves to dip into new countries and move out of their comfort zone.

During these few weeks/month or even for a whole gap year these guys swap their western mainstream outfit for a traveler outfit and turn into hippies before they go back home and slip into their suits for the upcoming bank career.

I think this rule of thumb works: The less crowded the place, the more interesting the backpackers. Probably just Australia has a worse backpacker scene.

I have met great backpacker chicks in places like Buriram, Surabaya and Kampong Thom. I mean the same girls have been to the Khao San Road as well, but it is unlikely to meet them there. If you visit places off the beaten track then you usually either meet much more interesting backpackers or none at all. Which is both fine.

It doesn't take a book to figure out how to get laid in SEA.

And it shouldn't take a book to figure out where to sleep, eat and shit neither [Image: wink.gif]

Backpackers and Pussy

Hostels and the backpacker scene can serve its purpose, as long as you don't fall into the trap of ONLY hanging out just at the hostel bar. I think a hostel can be great for someone traveling solo, especially if it's their first time in a city. It'll help you ease into it. Eventually, you can transition into getting an apartment or a hotel room.

Backpackers and Pussy

I also think it's not possible to talk about the backpackers in general.

I always travel with a backpack. I love to stay in cheap places sometimes, get out of my comfort zone, meet other travelers in hostels and hang out, do some activities or even travel for some time with them.

I also love to get a decent condo in a bigger city and meet the local girls for a month or two.

What's really boring to me is hanging out at fancy and expensive high society places and meet superficial people. (That doesn't mean that everyone who has a lot of money and hangs out there is superficial [Image: smile.gif] ) I want to meet authentic and interesting people that enrich my life and I don't need to stay in an expensive hotel for that. I always go for the rooms without air con, if they are available, because I wouldn't use it anyway. That being said, a decent condo for 20$-30$ a night is also fine, especially if I want to stay for a longer period and bring the local girls.

Like some people mentioned, there can be huge differences between the personalities of the backpackers depending on the places where you meet them. In general it's way harder to get a connection that satisfies myself with backpackers in Koh Phi Phi than with backpackers in Myanmar. But that's just me, because it fits to my personality, it's different for everyone and of course certain personalities aren't bonded to certain places, the chances to meet them there are just higher.

And for the better understanding: I have a job with a decent income and I'm not traveling or living like this because I couldn't afford something else and more expensive. It's also not because I'm parsimonious, it's simply because it makes me happier and more satisfied.

You see, there are many different kinds of backpackers like there are many different kinds of international players too. And guess what, there are people out there that are both.

Backpackers and Pussy

Quote: (07-22-2013 03:10 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I find the backpacking crowd strange sometimes and try to distance myself from them a bit, but what's with the guys? A lot of the time they seem oblivious to the local pussy. To be sure, the ones with game are getting laid plenty from all the European and American broads that travel the circuit, but it's like a lot of these guys don't even notice the local birds at all.

I can understand that some people have qualms with what they perceive as taking advantage of income disparities, but I can't understand completely taking a country's women off of your radar.

They're really in their own world. It's like they're not even in Thailand or Cambodia or wherever. I remember an older guy mentioning to me once how kids these days just travel around Southeast Asia, moving from one reggae bar to the next.

Backpackers and pussy.... Backpackers... Pussy... Well some backpackers have pussy others are pussies.

If you don't mind having the same conversations all over again eg. Where are you from? Where have you been? Where are you going next? Then it is fine to meddle with them.
Get private rooms in the hostels and you will have success.

Private room with the shower in a hostel, a bit of game and fair looks and you can bang a lot of chicks. It is also a very good way to collect flags. Staying in dorms is useless in my opinion.

As of backpacking dudes I disagree. At least in Peru when I observed them the most they were banging local chicks. I even met and daygamed with some guys who stayed in hostels. Guys are guys and the only difference between the ones who bang local girls or not is how red pill they are. The ones that stick to chicks they meet in hostels are the ones who can't cold approach.