rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sometimes your heart just isn't into it...

No real epic revelation here, I'm just drunk and reflecting on the game, there are some nights when your heart just isn't into it and it may be better to just say fuck it and get a good nights sleep.

Tonight is one of those nights, I wasn't feeling particularly horny or motivated to approach. When you're not in the right mind state, approaching can feel like a real chore or hassle.

When getting into the game we often force ourselves to approach and psyche ourselves out and say that if we don't approach than we are nothing but a "beta pussy." While I do concur with the sentiment that if you want to get good at "pick up" and really cultivate it as a skill set, you need to work hard, keep plugging away, do the approaches, often times even if you are not "feeling it."

That said, on the flip side of that coin, you can't always just slip a switch and expect yourself to be on and in the zone. Tonight was one of those nights, while the scene was weak (as it usually is, especially in the summer time), there were still some decent "prospects" that I could have approached.

But, my heart simply wasn't in it, I decided it would be better to be true to myself and do what my instinct was telling me, which was to not get too drunk, to go home early and get a good nights sleep. Maybe if I stuck it out and forced myself to approach I'd be getting laid right now, instead of typing this, but it would have been forced.

I think sometimes it's better to not force yourself to do something, even if it's something that will result in a thing you really enjoy, like having sex. I knew that any approach I would have made, would have been for the sake of the approach, and not something that I genuinely would want to do.

Forgive me, if this post was a waste of your precious time, or devolved into a rant. I guess the point is, don't force yourself to do the approach unless you really want it, sometimes it's better to just go home without anything to show for it. There are times when you will need to fight through the trenches to receive your glory. But there may be other times when you'd rather go home early, cuddle up in bed with your pet cat, and just have a restful, peaceful nights sleep.

Like anything else, sometimes we need a break. Also I cannot stress enough the importance of a good night sleep - which is exactly what I had last night after a few nights of broken sleep. Broken sleep, not getting in at least 4 hrs of solid sleep per night can mess you up in a lot of ways. Besides, why force yourself to do something you are not into for whatever reason.

Same with bangs, there have been times I have forced myself to go through with the bang just because I had already put in the work but it was rarely worth it. As I get older I am learning it's a lot better to just let things go...

The go-to rule Chase Pussy isn't a law of the universe.

The main rule is Do What Makes You Content and often that will translate to chasing pussy.

Sometimes, however, chasing pussy is going to make you feel empty; drinking alcohol will make you feel depressed; being in a club all night is going to make you feel stuck in a routine; continually pushing yourself is going to make you feel lost.

As a virile man with testosterone and gasoline running through your veins, you need to be able to get girls.
But you also need to eat healthy, sleep well, connect with family and friends, reflect on your behavior and mood.

Do What Makes You Content and don't stick to one part of the equation.
Fuck a girl, read a book, swim in the ocean, approach a girl and get rejected, laugh with friends...

Quote: (07-20-2013 05:19 AM)sixsix Wrote:  

The go-to rule Chase Pussy isn't a law of the universe.

Do What Makes You Content and don't stick to one part of the equation.
Fuck a girl, read a book, swim in the ocean, approach a girl and get rejected, laugh with friends...

Absolutely- I've always subscribed to this philosophy. All things in moderation.

I don't do anything if my hearts not into it. Heart power is the most important factor.

Go to sleep, tomorrow is another day.

I hear you. I have many nights I'm perfectly fine chilling at home with a pizza and a movie and have more fun doing that then out at some loud nightspot trying to plow through bitch shields and disarm cockblockers. Gaming can be really exasperating if you live in a tough market like I do. The amount of effort you put in to smash even a 6 makes you sometimes feel like it's not worth it and maybe you should just save your money and travel other places, or focus your energy on trying to build a high-quality social circle which is ultimately more efficient for getting at high-quality girls than cold approach.

Agreed, I was overseas just over a month ago and I had a few nights where I just was not into it. I ended up watching a movie at home and having a good nights sleep.

Most of the time I'm not into it. I've been 1.the roll of the guy who cheats on his girl, 2.the one whos been cheated on, and of course 3.the dude whos fuckin another dudes girl. I was 1 and 3 for the sake of seeing if I could do it. Not to mention the opportunity to be these roles were pretty great at certain times.

And tbh it makes myself see relationships in a terrible light. It seems like every female ive ever been involved with consist of some fuck shit going on. Being all 3 rolls I can easily say thats its not fun to hurt people in general. I dislike doing it. And I especially hate being the one whos hurt.

It just seems like the idea of love and happiness with the opposite sex is kind of an image. There is an incredible amount of dark shit that goes on behind the scenes. But that image is still displayed as lovey dovey in society. Ive seen bitches who are posting every day on fb about how much they love their bf, yet theyre texting me at 12 a.m. saying how much they miss me and/or want to fuck me.

So this disgusting perception I have of romance and dating/sex in general makes me not even have the energy to partake in all this crazy ass shit. All that drama and hiding your ulterior motive while trying to figure out and guess hers just isnt all its cracked up to be for myself personally. Idk why that is. Maybe im not a true player. Who knows.

idk what I want out of females at this point, but for now I just dont care.

The problem with America is their hang up about sex. If you read the book the Culture Code it will tell you that America equates sex with violence. If we were to just remove our concepts of sex and what it means from our relationships they would work a whole lot better.