rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

VH1 Pick up Artist: A Review of the First Episode of Season 2

The Pickup Artist Season 2 is finally underway!! Come join me as I review and give my opinions on all of this seasons episodes.

[Image: vh1-pickup-artist-2.png]

The show begins highlighting last season. If your knew to the show, Kosmo won it last season. He is touring around the world with Mystery and his crew. He was crowned a “Master Pick Up Artist.”

[Image: kosmo_pickupartist1.jpg]

It begins introducing Season 2. Mystery brought back his wing Matador and his wing woman Tara.The guys were all outside and it showed them come back into the house. From the shot of the place, it looked like somewhere in Arizona. My guess near Arizona State or University of Arizona.

It goes into an introduction of the guys. Todd stayed with his girl after she cheated on him. Rian is a 28 year old virgin. Simeon is 27 years old and lived on a boat. Karl is 21 working at radio shack and plays the guitar. He has only been with one girl and she cheated on him and he still stayed with her for three months… Matt thinks he’s Austin Powers with the ladies. Greg hasn’t slept with a girl for 9 years and feels nervous around women. Brian has never kissed a girl and he’s pretty goofy. Kevin is 21 and from Ann Arbor, Michigan. He has been shot down over and over.Alex is from Oklahoma and a janitor. He is a 22 year old virgin living at home.

The guys all get on the bus and are pretty nervous about meeting Mystery. Mystery, Tara, and Matador meet the guys outside and introduce themselves. Simeon feels like everything is going to change, and Matador likes to help change people’s lives.

This time around Mystery is giving away a check of 50,000 dollars and the title of “Pick up Artist.”Mystery gives the guys their first task. They must go to the club behind them and start meeting all the hotties that are there.

The hidden cameras are ready to go and Kevin is the first one to show. He goes straight into a set and talks about something being “deep.” He gets blown out of set. Matt is lingering around and opens a set about a drink. After the opener, he kind of stalls out. Todd, walks around and asks if he can ask a question. I don’t think that was a smart move. Greg, asks a question about the weather to a HB. He puts the place the HB is living in down and leaves the set. Not a good move haha….Todd asks the HB’s if they have been there before and smiles. He opens the two set and the obstacle is turned off. She turns her back to him ahhhh…. Simeon is the annoying creepy guy in set.

He makes a comment about them being the fun crowd but never has anything to stack from it,Rian the 28 year old virgin needs a makeover. He walks around and opens a set by her sitting alone.He doesn’t stack from that and ends up walking away. Karl is blasting through sets and orders a drink instead of opening the two set right next to them. He finally opens but doesn’t lock in. Alex thinks he’s peacocking with his gold chain and has a girl comment on it and doesn’t say anything about it when she does.

He gives the guys props on going in without a game plan. Mystery switches it up and then goes out on the field himself and has the guys watch. Matador says some girl is trying to touch him then introduces himself in set. He stacks forward unlike the other guys.Matador makes friends with the guys in the club and bounces his targets around the venue. Matador K closes his target with the “Eskimo kisses.’ The guys are looking back astonished at what they just saw. Mystery was running his sets with a lot of kino. I like Matador’s style.

The next day Mystery works on the guys look. He asks the guys to create their own avatar. They get to choose their clothes from the clothing store. Tara,Matador, and Mystery help the guys out with their avatar.
Rian has some serious issues and even had trouble finding clothes. He was pretty nervous and so far looks to be the weak link of the group. Tara comforts him afterwards.One of the guys goes to the dentist to get his teeth fixed and the guys get a professional haircut.They also get tans and waxing. I think it’s good their working on the avatar immediately. I think the avatar can really help your game!

WARNING SPOILER

Matador and Tara come over to the house to celebrate the guys new look. They ask the guys questions about their look and give them their feed as well. All of the guys got compliments on their new looks. Mystery shows up and decides that one of the guys is not ready and one of them will be going home. He didn’t see the spark in one of the guys and when he got the IOI from the girl he didn’t do anything. Alex with the copper chain was cut. It cuts to future episodes during the season. Looks like it’s a good season to watch.

My opinions

I thought the first episode was pretty good. I thought that Rian was going to get cut, but Alex ended up getting cut. I think both of them were pretty weak links, but I think Rian should have gotten cut first. I mean the guy had trouble trying to find clothes lol….

I liked how Mystery and Matador went out onto the field and showed the guys what’s up. I really think they can take in a lot from watching them on the field. Adding in Tara as the wing woman,was a good thing. What this does is gives the guys an “insider perspective” into what an HB is thinking.She tells the guys how it is so thats definitely a good thing for them.

One thing to note, I hope that they don’t have any hired actors in the clubs like last season. We all heard that last season there were actors in different episodes in the venues. If they want the guys to progress, they need to create a “natural” environment for them to interact in. Look forward to checking out the rest of the episodes. Stay continued as I review the next 7 episodes of Season 2.

LatinStylez

Currently traveling around Asia come join me on the LS Blog.

Bolo and Latinstylez's Adventures

Meh, I won't bother. There's too much evidence that's been posted on the web that the first season was a sham.

Rumours that persist consist of the cast of contestants being paid actors and models. It's a proven fact that the winner of season 1 is an actor and was an actor before the show started filming. He stated that he lied on his application saying he was a software programmer to come across as being a geek. But he wins the contest and the prize is supposed to be touring the world with Mystery spreading the PUA doctrine (there was $50k cash as well). Instead we find out he got a job as a cameraman for the 'Girls Gone Wild' videos.

The guy Brady was a model before he got on the show. Allegedly the bars where they went to practice their techniques were setups and that most of the people there were Mystery's friends. And the list goes on.

What VH1 needs to do is follow Roosh around with a camera for authentic material.

I went to ASU, and yeah, it's in Phoenix. It looks like the mansion is in North Scottsdale, and ACME Roadhouse, the bar that they went to is right by ASU on McClintock & Rural.

Quote: (10-15-2008 12:33 PM)Trotter Wrote:  

Allegedly the bars where they went to practice their techniques were setups and that most of the people there were Mystery's friends.

I lived in Austin when they were filming this, and I don't think they were complete "setups." I remember hearing about episodes being filmed, and I'm pretty sure the bars were open to the public. I think what they did was try to create a really "natural" looking environment in the clubs with respect to who they let in.

Damn just checking out this new forum i use to be in sbb.com... im so out of touch with typical tv i didn't even know the 2nd season is on. I'm just in time to catch a new episode. I've heard about the rumors but what the hell ill still watch it i guess.