rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Unfortunately, it looks like Cedonulli's blog is down as of July 15th. In my opinion, this guy had the realest outlook on life in general, from game to work to travel to philosophy and everything in between.

Fortunately, I had saved the whole site for offline reading as of June. Here's a link to all of the files:

https://mega.co.nz/#!4c02jZ7Q!Bn9bp0NxYp...sUjmKxG25E

Does anyone know if it's possible to recreate a website format from these files? I was in the process of going through his articles chronologically, and I won't be able to do that with the archive how it is.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

One of the best blogs and writers.

Every time I clicked to his site, I half expected it to be gone.

I guess I was right.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

This is at least the second time he's done this. I don't see the point.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Y. forwarded a link to this thread.

I did delete the bloglet. After years of being annoyed with it.

Used to hang out with this girl, she'd draw the most amazing things. Stuff straight out of an acid trip, would really get to me somehow. And then she'd burn them. I didn't get that at all, at the time.

I've got an urge to write. Blog, stuffs. But then I really don't ever want to see it again. One sided, braggy, negative, always something. It's not like I'm just banging hot girls, traveling around, being super cool. I'd leave stuff up if I felt like it was real enough. Still too much insecurities, ego validation, stuffness in all of it.

Crashed my paraglider into a lake in Nepal, then did a ton of acid, decided was time to finally unload it. Start somewhere new.

I'm not trying to make money being some travel blogger, or be some kind of girl bits guru, or whatever. It's just like art or introspection or random doodling on a napkin.

Also, doing EE for the summer / fall. In Romania/Bulgaria/Serbia now. If any of you guys are out this way, let's catch up.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Quote: (07-18-2013 12:04 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

This is at least the second time he's done this. I don't see the point.

I changed my website a few times over the years. Every time I saw a huge drop in page views. I'm still recovering from the last change which was already summer 2012.

Not recommended.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Quote:Quote:

In my opinion, this guy had the realest outlook on life in general, from game to work to travel to philosophy and everything in between.

Agreed 1000%!

This blog has been one of my fav ones since I came across it one day. Spent the next week literally reading everything there. This guy is a very smart and talented writer. He has a TONS of insights and an incredible amount of crazy adventures. All of which make it for one of the absolute top blogs out there. Hands down.

Hey J, it would be awesome if you kept your blog man as you have a ton of incredibly insightful experiences to talk about and share. If we ever cross paths one day, I'd be thrilled to exchange war stories with you man. Are you planning on returning to Asia and Cambodia? Or you're more looking towards Europe at this time as a place to post up for a little while?

Cheers.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Quote: (08-07-2013 09:52 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

This blog has been one of my fav ones since I came across it one day. Spent the next week literally reading everything there. This guy is a very smart and talented writer. He has a TONS of insights and an incredible amount of crazy adventures. All of which make it for one of the absolute top blogs out there. Hands down.

This is how I feel as well, which is why it annoys the crap out of me that he keeps deleting it.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Quote: (08-07-2013 09:52 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

In my opinion, this guy had the realest outlook on life in general, from game to work to travel to philosophy and everything in between.

Agreed 1000%!

Hey J, it would be awesome if you kept your blog man as you have a ton of incredibly insightful experiences to talk about and share. If we ever cross paths one day, I'd be thrilled to exchange war stories with you man. Are you planning on returning to Asia and Cambodia? Or you're more looking towards Europe at this time as a place to post up for a little while?

Cheers.

Plans ... ---> http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26851.html

Cedonulli Blog Archive

This has also been one of my favorite blog for quite a while. I actually had an offline rip of the while site a few months ago but my old laptop died and I didn't back it up. I'm very glad his old writing's been preserved.

Reading his site felt like taking part in an adventure. You never knew what he was going to do or write about next. It had a sense of honestly and directness that was one of a kind and, unlike many game/manoshere blogs, made life seem endlessly fascinating and worth exploring, whether things end up happily or not.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Quote: (07-17-2013 07:16 PM)nmmoooreland20 Wrote:  

Unfortunately, it looks like Cedonulli's blog is down as of July 15th. In my opinion, this guy had the realest outlook on life in general, from game to work to travel to philosophy and everything in between.

Fortunately, I had saved the whole site for offline reading as of June. Here's a link to all of the files:

https://mega.co.nz/#!4c02jZ7Q!Bn9bp0NxYp...sUjmKxG25E

Does anyone know if it's possible to recreate a website format from these files? I was in the process of going through his articles chronologically, and I won't be able to do that with the archive how it is.

Used your file to create an archive. HTML only, no search or other functions. See 'Sins of the Past' link.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Jake has a bunch of new posts up if you guys haven't checked lately.

Good quote:

"that imbalance, that happens when one of the pillars of your life isn’t being tended to. without some work, making money, something is missing. without physical exercise, you don’t feel right. without human connection, friends, sexual tension, the world isn’t quite right. without a little adventure, everything else is grey, no matter what."

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Thanks, R. I need to get better about sharing the love, forum stuffs, whatnots.

Whereabouts are you at these days?

Quote: (09-03-2013 12:17 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Jake has a bunch of new posts up if you guys haven't checked lately.

Good quote:

"that imbalance, that happens when one of the pillars of your life isn’t being tended to. without some work, making money, something is missing. without physical exercise, you don’t feel right. without human connection, friends, sexual tension, the world isn’t quite right. without a little adventure, everything else is grey, no matter what."

Cedonulli Blog Archive

I'm still in Bangkok. Probably be here for a while. I got a lot of friends here, though this polluted ass city is starting to get old.

Gotta work on getting pillar number 1 up to par so I'm mobile again.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Quote: (09-03-2013 11:18 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I'm still in Bangkok. Probably be here for a while. I got a lot of friends here, though this polluted ass city is starting to get old.

Gotta work on getting pillar number 1 up to par so I'm mobile again.

Still getting ThaiFriendly likes e-mails once or twice a week. Cute girl bits. Makes me wanna buy a ticket and just quit all this white-girl-chasing nonsense.

Bangkok's like a hot tub. Can't sit in it forever, but when you get out, sure seems a little cold everywhere else.

Read a few of your bits with Fisto (?). You guys are bad.

If you're still in BKK after I stop punishing myself with Europeans, we'll catch up. Introduce you to a sinister player too ... young American guy, speaks Thai, lives in Huai Khwang. Fun cat but also pure evil.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Looked this up just now, to replace some of the still missing archives.

Quick show of hands, if you guys are commenting on the bloglet, what's your avatar-name stuffs? Looking to put more of the bits together, of who's who. Thanks! (especially for saving the bloglet from myself)

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Jake: on new blog using this avatar name. On old one might have been ASF.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Amazing blog. Really glad this OP posted and bought it to my attention.
Jake, much respect. Great writing.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Jake,
I read your blog regularly and love it as written in an earlier post above. I usually sign my posts there with VP even tough I'm using a different nick there.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Love the blog, sign the post with luccheese

Cedonulli Blog Archive

I read but don't comment much. When I do, I'll use this same name.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Ps, come back to Asia already! Loved your writing when you were here.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

I wish, seriously. Europe is so much more difficult.

Feels like cheating though. Gotta stick through it, at least till fall. Try out a few countries, do the whole old-world thing. After that I can say that I did it, feel good about it, and then go back to where life's good and easy.

You're going to stay, R?

Quote: (01-07-2014 07:30 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Ps, come back to Asia already! Loved your writing when you were here.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Yea. Wanna go home to California for a quick visit, then check out more of SEA. Would like to spend a few months each in Saigon, Jakarta, Manila Etc. See if I like somewhere even more than bkk.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

I've realized on some level I've been trying to recreate the wheel. I don't read other blogs much which is foolish because I know there's a lot of good content out there.

I started reading cedonulli's blog and while I like his ideas and his style of travel. It is painful to read his writing. PAINFUL.

He talks about himself in the 3rd person like he's a child half the time and the other half he seems to try and speak like Malcom Mcdowell in A Clockwork Orange by using the word "bits" to encompass everything.

Anyway, I'm headed to Cambodia tomorrow and the one thing I wanted to read was his retrospect piece on it but that particular link is down for some reason.

Cedonulli Blog Archive

Quote: (05-17-2014 09:11 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

I've realized on some level I've been trying to recreate the wheel. I don't read other blogs much which is foolish because I know there's a lot of good content out there.

I started reading cedonulli's blog and while I like his ideas and his style of travel. It is painful to read his writing. PAINFUL.

He talks about himself in the 3rd person like he's a child half the time and the other half he seems to try and speak like Malcom Mcdowell in A Clockwork Orange by using the word "bits" to encompass everything.

Anyway, I'm headed to Cambodia tomorrow and the one thing I wanted to read was his retrospect piece on it but that particular link is down for some reason.

Cambodia: http://cedonulli.com/the-cambodia-retrospective/

Best part about Cambodia and Vietnam, language barrier and culture barrier. Keeps the how-many-girls-can-I-fuck types in a pretty specific little pool (even if they tend to believe otherwise - it's a fairly comical proceeding if you hang around long enough to see them come and go).