rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What 20 months of RVF did to me

What 20 months of RVF did to me

I've been here since around late 2011. RVF, game, Bang, Day Bang, and all the other tidbits I've picked up from the Manosphere and here haven't exactly been wasted on me. Since it's my 500th post, I'd like to share what this forum and the manosphere in general has done for me. Some of this is the manosphere, some is life, some is just me changing, but it's definitely had an enormous impact.

When I started getting into it in 2011, I was 255lbs, depressed, trying to get over the breakup with my ex of four years. I was roughly familiar with the manosphere, but not as I am today; I'd read DcBachelor way back when on and off (I miss that style). I'd had better luck with women than most guys, mostly because I've always had a knack for psychology, but it was still dismal. A 2 year dry spell is agony. I was pretty much at the worst place possible, living in the ghetto, with not a lot in terms of social life or future.

So, fast forward two years. I've got a new girl fairly steady who's a quantum leap beyond what I had (hot 21-yr-old gamer, generically a 7 but hits my personal tastes since I like em small, skinny, and bookish, so an 8.5 for me), versus my old 33-year-old who'd been chowing down sweets like nobody's business. She cooks for me, cleans for me, fucks whenever I want, and counts herself lucky to have me. Hell she even buys food for me. I've had a few on and off in between--nothing spectacular, but given that I don't approach much, an enormous improvement. I now know I can get decent poon if needed. I understand women much better now, and have been more successful in business and school, being much more aware of social conditions. I have my own small business, a part-time thing, and am thinking about starting another. Not living in the ghetto anymore. Much more driven, feel much less encumbered, knowing I have a lot of possiblities I never imagined. I have my down days but I'm doing a lot better now. So I'm much, much more successful, and much happier.

I also look a lot better. I've dropped 80lbs, and went from a big belly to a six pack. My face went from round to angular, my style's better, my clothes fit well, and I look good. I look a better even than I did at the 2012 meetup (ironically was there I was actually approached by a woman for the first time in almost 3 years). I get looks from girls on a daily basis. This does wonders for me, since I've historically felt bad about my body, and my family dynamic is a breeding ground for mental disorders.

Just figured I'd throw this out there, as a thank you to the rest of the community. This sort of change was coming, but this forum in particular and the people from it really pushed my motivation up. Even as someone who's maybe not as "active" as others, I've gotten an enormous overall life benefit from this forum and the manosphere in general.