rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pedestrian Rights in Sao Paulo?

I got hit by a motherfucking taxi last night. This is how the story goes. I have been working a a lot this week. I wanted to go out last night and let loose a little. I told my girlfriend I had work this morning and was staying in. I rolled out dolo to Rua Augusta. I ended up getting pretty bent and was crossing the street and wasn't paying attention.(A ridiculously stupid move I know I'm going to get a shit load of hate for mentioning this) Next thing I know I'm on the hood of the cab. I ran across the street to make sure my leg wasn't broken. I'm basically fine except for the fact my shin is very sore and my elbow is cut up from shattering the front window. Some good samaritans helped me out last night and made sure I was alright. The taxi shmuck was saying that I owe him R$1,000 for the window last night. I'm meeting up with him today discuss the situation and I'm definitely not giving him that much money. So do pedestrians have the right of way in Brazil? A very stupid move by me but I think it is rediculous situation.

there is no need of you met this guy. Do to the police, open an ocurrency, give them the taxi sign and this man will be screwed. Show them bills of medicine and hospital and hire a lawer and you will be just fine.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Thanks for the advice. Ya I'm not giving this guy shit. I guess I was in the wrong. I didn't go to the hospital I'm pretty much fine. My leg is just a little sore.

Yeah it happens to the best of us, I remember I almost got plowed by a double decker bus because I was shitfaced drunk in London, I looked down the wrong side of the street before crossing. Yeah I was that retardedly drunk.

I wouldn't give that fool a dime.

Man, there is no such thing as pedestrians rights in Brazil unless the cars have a red light. I was affraid to cross the street the first week I was there. The town I was in had the worse drivers I've ever seen!

You were at Goiania, I bet. They are the worst drivers that I ever seen.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

No, I was in Braganca Paulista. Stop signs are at most acted as yeild signs in Braganca. I don't know what the deal is, but people drive worse there than in the city. I think part of it has to do with the streets being so narrow and only 1 or 2 lanes. People do not stop for pedestrians. That was honestly one of the biggest culture shocks I had when I was in Brazil, driving and trying to walk through the traffic. Where I've been living the past couple of years, there are probably close to the same amount of pedestrians in town as there are cars and cars always stop for pedestirans, even outside of crosswalks. Plus, I have never in my life seen traffic anywhere as bad as Sao Paulo's. At 11 pm we waited a half hour to go probably 5 miles. Not to mention the 1 1/2 hour it took us to drive 18km during rush hour on the freeway. Sao Paulo makes LA look like the suburbs.

Yeap, here the traffic is insane. I live close to a bridge and when it comes the holiday and fridays is a caos. zzzz tons of trucks and people going to travel... tsc tsc tsc.
No way that a car will stop for you to cross. Only in Brasilia, where there is no signs. The pedestrian just wait in the right place and the car stops. So not gonna happen in SP. hahahahahah
When I was at college, I was doing my internship at Vila Olimpia, as you may know. Due the fact I used to leave the job at 6, I tooked ONE HOUR to go to Paulista Avenue. The class starts at 7. (no time to have a luch whatsoever). I lost 14 pounds.

Oh yeah, don't give this fucker any money at all man. Don't even meet with him. This guy's just trying to scam you. How are you gonna even acknowledge this guys requests, he's the one who hit you with a fucking car! Don't even deal with that shit.

Ya I told him to fuck off.