rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is your current regimen?

With so much available here in the lifestyle section, some of us might miss out on some great additions to our daily regimen.

What do you do or use daily, either habits, supplements, products to augment your lifestyle? Specifically but not limited to what you have learned from RVF.

Baking soda as deodorant
No shampoo
Intermittent fasting (1x a week for 24 hours)
Coconut oil (moisturizer, cooking, hair product)

Supplements: Whey protein, multivitamin, zinc, magnesium

Currently looking into ACV thread, looking to add that.

How about you guys?

Regarding the fasting, do you consume only water during that 24 hour period?

Ha, this is like a hivemind:

Baking soda as deodorant
Cold Showers
Intermittent fasting (8 hour eating window, 6 days/week)
Strong lifts 3x5 (having to modify it as I don't have access to a squat rack)
Coconut oil on and in everything
Semi-paleo (basically no wheat or dairy, low carbs. Got myself a sugar problem though)

Trying to add qi gong to the mix.

Primary health goal -- eliminate HBP by losing weight--now 5'9" 184, need to be max 160-165. Prob 155. Goal to be able to do long bike rides in mountains, need to be light, not gain big muscle.

Goalposts: Losing about 1/2 pound per week using 10 day moving average

Diet: No Wheat or red meat, sugar only after workouts + MetRX protein powder, milk, broccoli, green beans, almonds, multi vit, sugar-free energy drinks, coffee

Basic framework-- 400 calories every 4 hours at 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM; another 400 calorie load if I do the bike ride that day.

Most days: (5/7)
1.5 hour bicycle ride low intensity with moderate accelerations,

Every 3rd day:
about 6 sets of weights, low weights, bench, curl, deadlist, shoulder press about every 3rd day, low intensity ( mild back problems)

Suppits supps: Got some Zinc today. When it's available, fish oil and multivits. Gonna get some ACV again soon. Usually drink heaps of water. I also like to drink green tea when it's available, and coffee.

Diet: Whatever. Really. Without any kind of proper diet, I've dropped about 6kg in the past month, and have been putting muscle back on that whole time. Anyone who says losing weight is hard is lying. I literally eat whatever I want at whatever hour, as long as I workout at least a little that day, it doesn't make a difference.

Workout regime: Lol. Regime... 5x dead lifts once or twice a week, 10-50 squats a couple/few times a week, 20-60 pullups/chins every day or 2, 10-50 of some kind of dips (I haven't constructed a proper dipping station yet) every day or 2, and I ride my bike pretty hard at least a couple of times a week for 20-60 minutes. Aside from that, intermittently throw in a few sets of other lifts and exercises through the week: Over head press, bench press, bent over rows, pushup varieties, floor sweepers(Straight leg reverse crunch pretty much, but holding a weighted bar in raised bench position).

Just getting back into working out after a long break, so taking absolute full advantage of my beginner gains stage.

Hygiene: Baking soda covers my needs here - I need to get some coconut oil. What I'm using now has coconut oil in it and works, but I think the real, pure deal would be better still. It's too cold to spend the whole shower in freezing water atm, but I blast myself with 30 seconds or so of cold water at the end, and just take straight up cold showers in summer.

This isn't a terribly specific habit/hack, but a small, easy to use/quick to clean blender has been absolutely essential since I began a healthier lifestyle and started to gain muscle.

It's the one thing I use everyday to pack on the calories without preparing meals.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.

After I remove the ice pack, I use a Deep Pore Cleanser Lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub.

Then I apply an herb mint facial mask which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out, and makes you look older.

Then moisturiser, then an anti-ageing eye balm, followed by a final moisturising protective lotion.

Oh and Fish oil, zinc, vit B complex and sauerkraut.