rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Boston vs Orlando

Boston vs Orlando

Hi guys

American Airlines screwed up my flight and have now kindly offered me a voucher which i have to use before Feb 2011.

The destinations i'm considering are boston and orlando. i live in london and have already visited the best known cities in the US: NY, miami, LA, chicago, vegas.

there was an earlier post on this forum about boston which is very helpful but i couldn't find any info on orlando.

can someone pls do an overall comparison in terms of which city would be better for a long weekend, keeping in mind things like girls, nightlife, overall vibe, restaurants etc?

I'm likely to go in november if that makes a difference

thanks!
Z

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Boston vs Orlando

Boston recently rated number 1 city in the US for singles. Been to Orlando before. It's not bad, but all signs point to Boston, unless you really wanna do the Disneyworld thing...

Boston vs Orlando

Plus and minuses.

Boston
=-=-=
* Big College town and the students will be there at that time of year
* Kinda cold in Nov.
* Small city and very manageable getting around. Good public transport.
* Lots of live music venues
* More historically interesting

Orlando
-=-=-=-
* Well if you fly to Orlando you can easily catch a bus to south beach when you land and stay there. No real reason to stay in Orlando.
* Large and unmanageable to get around. Taxis are expensive as hell. Public transport poor.
* Relatively expensive
* Warmer than Boston

If you only have a small amount of time, like a long weekend, I would go for Boston. Hit up the bars opposite Fenway park and take a trip over the Charles river and hit up the student venues and live music places in Cambridge.

If you go there, have fun in Beantown.

Boston vs Orlando

Agreed. I travel to Orlando all the time on business. All the clubs close at 2:00 am.... You can thank Disney for that.

Also, Disney sux!!!!

Orlando is all abut day game.

Mixx

Boston vs Orlando

cheers for the low-down guys

Boston it is....

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Boston vs Orlando

I heard Orlando is strong on the Gentleman's Club tip. Boston is weak on that front.

Boston vs Orlando

Boston Boston.....

Zanetti hit me up, might swing a trip up there around your same time frame.

Boston vs Orlando

Quote: (08-31-2010 11:34 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I heard Orlando is strong on the Gentleman's Club tip. Boston is weak on that front.

I went to one strip club- girls are fly, but you must obey the 6 ft rule, no girls can touch you, or be in your personal space, or you in hers..you'll be ejected from the club.

Again, you can thank Disney for that....

Mixx

Boston vs Orlando

Quote: (08-31-2010 01:39 PM)MiXXmaster27 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-31-2010 11:34 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I went to one strip club- girls are fly, but you must obey the 6 ft rule, no girls can touch you, or be in your personal space, or you in hers..you'll be ejected from the club.

Again, you can thank Disney for that....

Mixx

Yeah, Orlando is not on my "to visit" short list.

Gotcha on the 6 foot rule, I really am not a dance guy in Gentleman's Clubs anyways.

Were the girls swoopable?

I heard its wide open if you can bust some multi-dimensional, forward thinking, innovative Game there.

Boston vs Orlando

Quote: (08-31-2010 01:44 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Definitely!!! I met up with "Star" at a nearby Waffle house around 3:00am, and after we ate, I got my own private dance in my suite [Image: smile.gif]

They are easy to swoop actually..it seems they are really BORED, and actually want to grind up to a man, which is not allowed in the clubs...any guy who plays his cards right, and follows the stripper pick-up rules, can easily meet them outside work.

Mixx

Boston vs Orlando

Quote: (08-31-2010 01:48 PM)MiXXmaster27 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-31-2010 01:44 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Definitely!!! I met up with "Star" at a nearby Waffle house around 3:00am, and after we ate, I got my own private dance in my suite [Image: smile.gif]

They are easy to swoop actually..it seems they are really BORED, and actually want to grind up to a man, which is not allowed in the clubs...any guy who plays his cards right, and follows the stripper pick-up rules, can easily meet them outside work.

Mixx

Yeah, that was basically the Intel that I got: the place is wide open.

I have to imagine the comp is real slack too.

Boston vs Orlando

I live in Boston. Have been to Orlando three times.

Short answer: do Boston, unless there's a blizzard here.

Boston only has one strip club and it sucks. Orlando, I found the girls very easy to pull, but I also thought they were of pretty mediocre quality. Boston's cool and pretty easy to pick up in. Stay in a hotel downtown and you should do well.

Boston vs Orlando

If you're not a child anymore: Boston no contest.

Boston vs Orlando

Yeah, excluding the Gentleman's Club factor, Boston for sure. (And weather factor depending on when you go).

Boston could be considered a great American City.

Orlando, not so much.

Boston vs Orlando

"The destinations i'm considering are boston and orlando. i live in london and have already visited the best known cities in the US: NY, miami, LA, chicago, vegas."

You should think about some other cities as well. November in Boston is probably brutal.

That time of year I would think about:

San Francisco
New Orleans
San Diego
Maybe Austin, TX (never been)

All better choices in my opinion, especially with your criteria "girls, nightlife, overall vibe, restaurants".

Boston vs Orlando

Quote: (09-01-2010 03:59 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"The destinations i'm considering are boston and orlando. i live in london and have already visited the best known cities in the US: NY, miami, LA, chicago, vegas."

You should think about some other cities as well. November in Boston is probably brutal.

That time of year I would think about:

San Francisco
New Orleans
San Diego
Maybe Austin, TX (never been)

All better choices in my opinion, especially with your criteria "girls, nightlife, overall vibe, restaurants".

cheers for the suggestions - i limited it to boston and orlando because those are the only destinations AA has a direct connection with from london (apart from the other places i've already seen, NY, LA, Miami etc)

San Diego is def still on my list tho - someone told me a lot of playboy type models hang out there

i went to austin last year - i was told the place is a guaranteed lay but i found it rather overhyped TBH

Boston vs Orlando

"San Diego is def still on my list tho - someone told me a lot of playboy type models hang out there"

That is a little of a stretch, although I have hung out with two of Hef's girlfriends there, so I guess there is some truth to that statement.

But don't expect it to be a city full of Playboy Mansion type girls.

If you are looking for that, LA and Las Vegas, and to some degree Orange County are your better bets.

Boston vs Orlando

Yeah i hit up sd and didnt see anything above a couple of sevens

Turns out they were sisters and were german