rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The 7 Laws of Wealth by Ben Benson

Just watched this talk and found it super inspiring and digestible. Enjoy!

Video goes for over an hour. Can you summarise these laws?

If you're not growing, you're dying.

Quote: (06-25-2013 02:28 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

Just watched this talk and found it super inspiring and digestible. Enjoy!

Just let me know if Ben Benson made his riches in something other than telling people about his so-called 7 laws of wealthy people.

Tell me that Ben Benson made money during the 2008 Financial Crisis.
Tell me he was smart enough and had the nuts to bet against the housing market.

I mean his company Sanrock Capital LLP has a nice word press site, but they've only been in business since May 2012.

How much is he up?

Just tell me that before I waste an hour listening to some charlatan.

WIA

Kyle Bass is a great investing Idol of mine. His videos are spot on

great videos those from the 21 convention

I was there at the 21 Convention for his speech last summer. Some good info but it's more directed at people who want to fund a classic startup with venture capital. For those who haven't got a firm idea on the business or career they are going to pursue, I definitely recommend watching it.

In terms of his credentials:
Quote:Quote:

Ben Benson started in business at the age of fifteen and sold his first company at twenty four years old. In addition to being the Chairman of ‘Benson & Company’ a training and consulting firm, he manages several businesses in the United Kingdom and the United States. And with a small group of successful business professionals created of the ‘7 Laws’ Methodology an entrepreneurial and principle centered approach to building strong businesses and creating sustainable wealth .

Ben is an active entrepreneur with interests in real estate, finance, alternative energy, education, publishing and retail. He is the CEO of Sanrock Capital LLP, a private equity firm based in London.
http://7laws.net/wordpress/ben-benson/

Ah, found my notes from the speech.

1) Gain control - promote leadership, power.
Step up my understanding and methods of getting to where I want to be. When the need is big enough you'll learn to control many events you believe to be out of your control. Reacting is negative, responding is positive

2) Embrace the future
Value = what do I do well, better than most, how can I create value doing these things

3) Own a strategy
Find a mentor and they will rub off on you - meetup.com. Fastest track to success, provide them value for them to take you on. You will never be successful unless you understand debt ie leverage. Acquisition is the fastest way to grow as it takes ages to start a system and catch up.

4) Always execute - action or you will not achieve your goals Do things that others aren't doing

5) Create value - demand + ability + scarcity
Demand > need as we want things we don't need
Ability - hire others if need be. You will not do it on your own - hire people better than you eg coding. You will pay some people more than yourself.
Scarcity - difficulty in replacing you/it

6) Seek growth - keep pushing to the ceiling of the business model
Maintenance simply results in decline
Scale - acquire a growing business, that's what all the richest people do

7) Give back - For image, karma, profit, promotion,
Start up capital for paying people to help grow business. Venture capitalists everywhere, look for the right people. Borrow others credibility for making deals eg your team's track record.