rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

WTF is the "Dandy" movement?

Is it some bullshit SWPL? But Dr. Andre Churchwell is the top of their little pecking pyramid.

Is it a way that guys that don't lift try to differentiate themselves through sticking some fancy rags on their back?

Is it MGTOW fashion?

I'm just not seeing how the Dandy movement gets any of its guys laid. So they're investing thousands of dollars in clothes when everyone knows caveman style with a cheap v-neck t-shirt is what sluts respond to? I don't get it.

These guys look like they get laid less than a lesbian couple with bed death syndrome.

[Image: 5250503804_99c42a6937_o.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

And you'd be wrong. The dandy can actually be very attractive to women.

Gurlz just want to have fun. If you're funny, interesting to look at, and look like you might end up with, or already have, money; that can be much more appealing than a thick-necked, 6'3", humorless bore who watches "the game" all day Saturday and Sunday and is utterly baffled why she wants to go to the opera or ballet.

Just because you can bench 300 lbs doesn't mean everything. She only wants to be held down and fucked 2 hours a day at the most. What makes you interesting the rest of time?

@Hammer: They're not attracted to the "dandy look," so much as Russel himself. He'd be able to pull wearing a sumo suit.

Also, that is literally one of the stupidest outfits I've ever seen

@Architekt Russel Brand doesn't just "look" like a dandy, he IS a dandy. If you here him talk for more then 5 minutes you know he blurs the line between masculine and feminine. And in some cases comes off as gay(and he is somewhat). Some woman just find that attractive like in the video. He is not an alpha, he's a dandy.

The picture in the OP is just some confused hipster weirdo who aspires to look like captain hook.

Is it wasteful of economic resources?

Yes.

The women like it because it suggests the guy has resources to waste. That's subconscious and works even for women who have money.

Interesting to who, by the way? Half educated no lens glasses wearing hipster chicks? No thanks.

Quote: (06-24-2013 03:31 AM)Hammer Wrote:  

@Architekt Russel Brand doesn't just "look" like a dandy, he IS a dandy. If you here him talk for more then 5 minutes you know he blurs the line between masculine and feminine. And in some cases comes off as gay(and he is somewhat). Some woman just find that attractive like in the video. He is not an alpha, he's a dandy.

The picture in the OP is just some confused hipster weirdo who aspires to look like captain hook.

Indeed, it all comes back down to congruence. He dresses that way because it suits his personality. The twat in the pic just dresses that way 'cause he's some got wierd fantasy about women wanting to bang dudes that look like tossers.

Quote: (06-24-2013 03:09 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Gurlz just want to have fun. If you're funny, interesting to look at, and look like you might end up with, or already have, money; that can be much more appealing than a thick-necked, 6'3", humorless bore who watches "the game" all day Saturday and Sunday and is utterly baffled why she wants to go to the opera or ballet.

Just because you can bench 300 lbs doesn't mean everything. She only wants to be held down and fucked 2 hours a day at the most. What makes you interesting the rest of time?

Stupid argument. You don't have to be one or the other. You can obviously lift, be fun, and dress well all at the same time.

For all of the Russell Brand lovers on this forum, you guys should realize he is rich and famous and has a unique personality. Don't go out and buy yourself a purple top hat and act like a borderline homosexual just yet. It isn't going to work for you.

Quote: (06-24-2013 03:41 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

For all of the Russell Brand lovers on this forum, you guys should realize he is rich and famous and has a unique personality. Don't go out and buy yourself a purple top hat and act like a borderline homosexual just yet. It isn't going to work for you.

It worked for him when he was a non-famous heroin addict - but he's had a really fascinating life, and IIRC his first sexual experience was when his dad took him to BKK and they banged a hooker each in adjacent beds...

If your life hasn't been that 'interesting' then it will be hard to be congruent with that look. That guy in the first picture... the childish tattoo alone is enough to mark him out as a faker.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

BTW, without the tattoo the stupid bitches he's aiming for wouldn't know he's a dandy.

[Image: Sir%20Francis%20Drake.jpg]

I want to beat up that guy in the OP and take his lunch money.

"Dandy" was just the old word for metrosexual.
They have and always will be around.

[Image: demotivational-posters-metrosexuals.jpg]

Yeah, look what happened to guys wearing fuzzy hats, platform boots and nail polish. Didn't work.

Sombro- that's a massive signature

Dandy's are hipsters aping the steam punk style.

Getting a tattoo of "dandy".. I wouldn't shame homosexuals by even calling this gay; it's way worse than that. That is straight up dork

Dandy's have been around alot longer than hipsters, which is a lamer version.

It is a way of seperating yourself from the masses, he may not be popular in America but in Europe there is a strong movement and appreciation for guys with individual style.

This goes along with the whole custom suit look, not everyone gets it.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Whats wrong with this? Pretty dope style if you ask me (for an older cat like this Dr Churchwell).

[Image: 6387458747_208a8ac7f0_b.jpg]

There is a large divide between the Dr and the other guy. This hipster guy looks like he is wearing a costume (which he is).

Quote: (06-24-2013 10:24 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Yeah, look what happened to guys wearing fuzzy hats, platform boots and nail polish. Didn't work.

Mystery got his own TV series, Style had a nationally best-selling book.

That seems like excellent results to me.

Quote: (06-24-2013 11:38 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Mystery got his own TV series, Style had a nationally best-selling book.

That seems like excellent results to me.

These guys did too, but that doesn't mean they got laid. Then again, I believe that the Mystery/Style fanboys aren't concerned with women in general.

[Image: attachment.jpg12871]   

[Image: attachment.jpg12872]   

I just looked through that blog a bit deeper.

My take: Guys are leveraging what they have in order express their creative side to the public. They are not particularly good looking, in fact imagine them wearing jorts and US flag muscle shirts. And sandals with socks. With their custom suits and good hygiene they are able to punch well above their weight.

Good on them.

Some of them come across as cartoon caricatures. Others do not. But I also understand, these are the types of guys you want to push in the mud for no reason. But would probably feel bad after (as they seem like very nice guys).

Dandy means wearing clothes form the 1800's and having cartoon facial hair? I don't get what it is. Were they the first OG hipsters?

This is just some hipsterism. Oscar Wilde was a dandy.

I think getting laid is irrelevant to being a dandy? BTW I'm sure they get laid just fine. I've met the nerdiest of nerds and dorkiest of dorks that got pussy. They might have annoying mannish girlfriends but I don't understand why some people on this forum insist that everyone else is a virgin except for us because we're on this "red pill" forum.

All kinds of people different than us get laid.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSNSxHd91WmOXNRl3zcth...HSTndMHqBe]

One of the first dandies.

I'd argue if those things give you the confidence to want to be around women, then yes, they will work, but only because that built up your confidence, not your actual physical appeal.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.