rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roissy on learning game

Roissy on learning game

i found this in his archives. he gives advice to a newbie on how to learn game.

first, be a realist but be also be optimistic and fake it till you make it.

"Your attitude is very negative in this post. You remind me of a lot of beta friends I’ve known — always beating themselves up, pinning everything that goes wrong on their own stupidity or cowardice, never seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Realism is an important first step to begin your self-improvement journey to respectable womanizer, but you need to leaven realism with optimism. Your inner game will shrivel if you’re negative all the time. 'Fake it till you make it' isn’t just a slogan. It works."

second, do so many approaches that you become immune to the sting of rejection.

"The first challenge you must overcome is building immunity to rejection. All else flows from that critical initial step. Immunity comes with repeated exposure."

third, read the following resources:

Mystery Method e-book (still the Bible as far as I’m concerned)
David DeAngelo’s cocky/funny series and interviews with the gurus
Pickup 101′s Fearless First Impressions, Attraction Secrets and Art of Rapport DVDs
Stephane Hemon’s Ideagasms Squirting (you’ll eventually need this) and GTP program
The Real Social Dynamics and Stylelife internet forums
Badboy ebook and DVDs
Carlos Xuma and Zan DVDs
Robert Cialdini’s book “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion”
Robert Wright’s evospych book “The Moral Animal”
Matt Ridley’s evo book “The Red Queen”
Also, let me put in a plug for Roosh’s book Bang, which is an accessible compendium of solid game strategy.

fourth, have your social toolbox prepared with:

TWO solid openers
THREE negs (or pebbles, as Style calls them. I.e., “Wow, who brought their little sister to the bar?”)
THREE ready-to-go lines for common shit tests you’ll get from women (“You have a BF? Great, so does my girlfriend.”)
TWO value generating stories
TWO rapport building routines (i.e., palm reading, digit ratio analysis)
ONE venue change line (“I’m thirsty. Are you thirsty? Let’s go back to my place and sample some fine tap water.”)

good stuff in my opinion. i don't know about the RSD forum or the stylelife forum, and i have never ready any stuff by badboy or zan, but most of the other stuff i have at least heard of.

yeah, roissy wrote this a long time ago (in 2008), but still, he wrote this after he wrote his 16 commandments, so i have to imagine that he had a solid understanding of game back then.

Roissy on learning game

I really like some of the ideas listed. Overcoming the fear of approaching is the first step in succeeding with women and I like what he has to say about it. And although I hate the idea of having prepared lines, routine etc. it can be really helpful to newbies like us in starting out. I just got out of a LTR and am back in the game so these things resonate a lot with me.

One thing I'm not fond if is all the resources listed. For years I read numerous resources on pickup, but never got anywhere. I was just reading, and not taking action. I think having to many materials when learning game is counterproductive, taking action is the most important thing. Be sure to go out consistently and approach and use these resources as supplements your to game.

Roissy on learning game

"I think having to many materials when learning game is counterproductive"

yes, i still have that issue. i have way more theory than i need, and not enough practice. i also need to get my ass at there and talk to girls! i need to always be working new leads. i haven't been pushing myself hard enough.

Roissy on learning game

Still quality advice, even though Roissy has moved on in terms of his overall game.

A lot of the pick up forums are still very "white knight" though.

WIA
Quote: (06-16-2013 02:42 PM)rivelino Wrote:  

i found this in his archives. he gives advice to a newbie on how to learn game.

first, be a realist but be also be optimistic and fake it till you make it.

"Your attitude is very negative in this post. You remind me of a lot of beta friends I’ve known — always beating themselves up, pinning everything that goes wrong on their own stupidity or cowardice, never seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Realism is an important first step to begin your self-improvement journey to respectable womanizer, but you need to leaven realism with optimism. Your inner game will shrivel if you’re negative all the time. 'Fake it till you make it' isn’t just a slogan. It works."

second, do so many approaches that you become immune to the sting of rejection.

"The first challenge you must overcome is building immunity to rejection. All else flows from that critical initial step. Immunity comes with repeated exposure."

third, read the following resources:

Mystery Method e-book (still the Bible as far as I’m concerned)
David DeAngelo’s cocky/funny series and interviews with the gurus
Pickup 101′s Fearless First Impressions, Attraction Secrets and Art of Rapport DVDs
Stephane Hemon’s Ideagasms Squirting (you’ll eventually need this) and GTP program
The Real Social Dynamics and Stylelife internet forums
Badboy ebook and DVDs
Carlos Xuma and Zan DVDs
Robert Cialdini’s book “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion”
Robert Wright’s evospych book “The Moral Animal”
Matt Ridley’s evo book “The Red Queen”
Also, let me put in a plug for Roosh’s book Bang, which is an accessible compendium of solid game strategy.

fourth, have your social toolbox prepared with:

TWO solid openers
THREE negs (or pebbles, as Style calls them. I.e., “Wow, who brought their little sister to the bar?”)
THREE ready-to-go lines for common shit tests you’ll get from women (“You have a BF? Great, so does my girlfriend.”)
TWO value generating stories
TWO rapport building routines (i.e., palm reading, digit ratio analysis)
ONE venue change line (“I’m thirsty. Are you thirsty? Let’s go back to my place and sample some fine tap water.”)

good stuff in my opinion. i don't know about the RSD forum or the stylelife forum, and i have never ready any stuff by badboy or zan, but most of the other stuff i have at least heard of.

yeah, roissy wrote this a long time ago (in 2008), but still, he wrote this after he wrote his 16 commandments, so i have to imagine that he had a solid understanding of game back then.

Roissy on learning game

Quote: (06-17-2013 03:43 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Still quality advice, even though Roissy has moved on in terms of his overall game.

He's moved on to alt-right white nationalist social commentary, relationship advice, and texting routines. That pretty much comprises his posts these days. Dig into the archives for useful material, most of the blog at this point is just intellectual masturbation.

Roissy on learning game

Too long of a reading list. Ridiculously long reading list.

What you need to do is open women. Get out there and do that. You'll learn and retain more in 20 approaches than you will from reading 5 books. Opening is a physical thing, like learning to field a ball. There's a lot of practice from just doing it required, and hard limits on how useful book knowledge is.

What works is every 10 approaches, then allow yourself to read for some solutions. But you need to open multiple times --one data point, one approach, is too little to start making changes to your game.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Roissy on learning game

Quote: (06-17-2013 12:32 PM)rivelino Wrote:  

"I think having to many materials when learning game is counterproductive"

yes, i still have that issue. i have way more theory than i need, and not enough practice. i also need to get my ass at there and talk to girls! i need to always be working new leads. i haven't been pushing myself hard enough.

I'm still kind of the same way. I find a lot of pickup material interesting, and I get caught up in reading it. One part of me is delusional and thinks more knowledge= more success (which is somewhat true), but the other part of me knows that more approaches=more success, as blackhawk posted above.