rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Croatian Girls

Croatian Girls

So Ive been traveling in the Balkans the last week, going among other places to Mostar and now Split, and I have encountered something I find quite strange. Maybe some of you guys can shed some light on this question.

I went out in Mostar on a Thursday on the Croatian side of the town, and I had a blast. I was more or less the only foreigner but the love I got was extreme. Hooked up with a couple of girls, one of which didn’t speak much English but she didn’t care.

So here in Split Ive been out twice and going to packed clubs, one of which was almost without foreigners, but absolute no luck. The girls are very dismissive, shutting me down before I can utter a word. Those I do speak with are quite nice, but they don’t seem interested at all in hooking up.

So my question; they are all Croatian, but it could very well be different planets. Whats going on? The immediate thing that comes to mind is that one place has a lot of tourists, while the other has far less. But still this seems a bit simple. Any ideas?

Croatian Girls

Welcome to the Balkans, it's a tough slog

Croatian Girls

Whoops stop stop,
Mostar =/= Croatia.

Mostar is located in Bosnia.

"The immediate thing that comes to mind is that one place has a lot of tourists, while the other has far less. But still this seems a bit simple. "

It works like this everywhere.
Yes, it actually is that simple.

Croatian Girls

yeah i know its not the same country but I had the impression that the Balkans was more divided into ethnic groups and not so much geographical location. anyhow, avoiding the tourist stream seems to be the wise action

Croatian Girls

The girls here (Dalmatia, where Split is) just have very high criteria - i.e. heavy asshole game is needed to punch through their ridiculous princess expectations. Might be different for foreigners in either direction, don't really know. The girls in Mostar are much, much softer and more open to everyone (probably owing to less economic development and tourist exposure there).

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Croatian Girls

Hey Erty Nab, I'll be visiting Mostar in a few weeks. Could we get a Mostar datasheet or some logistics of where to go and stay at? It would be great help. Thanks.

edit: Also there is a good chance I will only be spending a few weekdays there and will be in Sarajevo during the weekend period before I get along to Serbia. My priority is getting a Bosnian flag but if you can give me some more info then I might either extend or cut down the time I plan to spend in Mostar. I'm still going to spend at least a day there just for history and sightseeing.

Croatian Girls

Quote: (06-16-2013 07:04 AM)Erty Nab Wrote:  

So Ive been traveling in the Balkans the last week, going among other places to Mostar and now Split, and I have encountered something I find quite strange. Maybe some of you guys can shed some light on this question.

I went out in Mostar on a Thursday on the Croatian side of the town, and I had a blast. I was more or less the only foreigner but the love I got was extreme. Hooked up with a couple of girls, one of which didn’t speak much English but she didn’t care.

So here in Split Ive been out twice and going to packed clubs, one of which was almost without foreigners, but absolute no luck. The girls are very dismissive, shutting me down before I can utter a word. Those I do speak with are quite nice, but they don’t seem interested at all in hooking up.

So my question; they are all Croatian, but it could very well be different planets. Whats going on? The immediate thing that comes to mind is that one place has a lot of tourists, while the other has far less. But still this seems a bit simple. Any ideas?

I hope you bought a round trip ticket from Mostar [Image: smile.gif]

Croatian Girls

Yeah, I can write what I know about the place, but since I stayed in Mostar less than one day I cant say too much.

I arrived in Sarajevo on a Monday and it was a lot of people out drinking. I made the mistake of thinking that if there are so many people out on a Monday, Tuesday must be even better. I was wrong. I and another guy went out on Tuesday, and although it was quite dead, I believe it is a good place to get your flag (or well, the girls will be interested in you anyways). A decent looking girl outright approached us, so I believe it is a good place. I stayed in a hostel called Hostel City Center. It was good enough I think. Big plus it that it is located in a street full of bars/nightclubs.

Apart from that, Sarajevo is a really cool city so staying there some days would be nice. Not too many tourist go there (especially now in the summer) so that’s a plus as well.

In Mostar I stayed in a hostel on the Bosnian side, called Hostel Miran. Highly recommendable. It is quite small and the guy running it is very nice, and he got his brother so show us around the city and telling us about it. Personal and good experience. I slept in a dorm but still brought a girl back there because I had it all to myself. When he found out in the morning he just looked surprised but didn’t say anything about it. They also have private rooms so that would be the wise alternative.

About clubs, I only went out on Thursday and I don’t remember the name. The club does look like a caste though, as it is surrounded by walls. Like I said I was basically the only foreign guy, and the girls were really curious about what I was doing there. Don’t be fooled by the amount of tourists going there, because 90% are older/family people who doesn’t go out.

Anyway, there are a lot of bars in the city on the Moslem side of the bridge, so a good bet is to start there and the locals will tell you where it is happening. Since vacation just happened there will probably be quite a lot of people out, even in the week days.
That’s about it, hope it helps.

Croatian Girls

Erty Nab, thank you so much for the advice. More I think about it the more I'm debating spending more time in the smaller cities like Mostar and Novi Sad in Serbia. I think I need a break from the big city stuff honestly.

Would you say the Muslim influence has made game there any different then the rest of the area of the Balkans?