rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

brief stint with a long break. how long can you keep interest?

(after writing this, i realise this turned more into a story with a q at the end rather than just a q but i know you guys love reading them as much as i do so FUCK IT)

I'd known this girl for a while- real cute, just my type, clever, into similar things (filmmaking for one), rich and with good friends, mutuals. i'd been into her but only ran into her a few times at parties. flirted but kept my distance knowing she had a boyfriend (gotta tread lightly with that shit when you're among good people, good company).

several months later she has a housewarming. i'm at an event afterparty before going there, drinking good wine and enjoying my shit. i get a text from a cute scandy a few years older than me clearly looking for a bang- but i get a good feeling about this housewarming girl and deny it- i roll to the housewarming with my homebwaye, fresh bottle of wine in hand as a gift.

i get there, greet and gift, mingle with everyone for about twenty to thirty minutes, and then approach her again.
"show me around your apartment!"
her room's first. it's filled with ikea. "you room is filled with ikea". sometimes it's good to state the obvious. "so is mine," i continue, "but i splurged on my mattress. there's no way yours is better than mine."
"ha! no way. jump on it and you'll change your mind."

her doors close at the apex of the party and we don't leave her room till the morning. turns out she had the hots for me while she was dating her boy, and they since broke up. the whole night we were talking all sorts of shit, but also about really being into each other and wanting to see each other when we came back from our holidays--proper (and i'm down for a LTR if its with her). however, i made a few mistakes.
1- i at one point called her by the wrong name - her roommate's name. i covered up for it as much as i could, even got her to tell me that she is my property about ten minutes later "i'm your property, ____" "say it again!" (love that shit) but the memory of fluffing that STILL irks me.
2- i didn't have a condom on me, and i also couldn't fucking cum. sheesh.

now, i mentioned "back from our holidays", and what i meant was that she had a flight four days after that night, and was not going to be back for four months. she was telling me how we were gonna fuck all over the apartment those four days, but over the next few days things were a little different than that.

i got her to come over to my place, but she came with two girlfriends. a sign of discomfort? got her alone for a sec, she said was on her period, and said that if we waited for her to come back to fuck that it would be more fun. the next day she tells me she is sick, and we don't meet. on the last day i go over there with soup (without letting her know i was coming) as an ultimatum: if she is lying, she will not be home/will not be sick. if she's telling the truth, i'm being nice, and showing i'm forreal (i've since felt that it might have been a little too nice, but whatever). we talked about staying in touch within the absence, but that hasn't happened.
a few drunk nights i fb messaged her an "oi" with no response.
shit irks me but i try not to think about it too much.
worst of all: she was at one point hanging out with a girl that i was with one night, but had whiskey dick with. hope that didn't come up. (no pun intended)

anyway. i've been thinking about where the fidelity line should be drawn. initially i was hesitant to get with other girls but lately i've been fucking some new ones here and there, enjoying it, but i figure if we do get together and the question arises of whether i got with any girls, i'll use the go-to: "it's complicated". what do you guys think?

but also, when she does come back, how the fuck should i approach it? that ice is gonna be thick as fuck. i'm thinking about throwing a party at my place two days after she comes in. ("oh! how coincidental.")

huh?

I would back off a bit here. Your perceived value is going to sink fast if she starts to get the needy vibe. Best to not try for an immediate contact when she comes back and instead try to restore what got her interest in the first place, a high display of social value. In fact, this should be your main concern regardless of "the girl", if you want to keep a steady supply of interested women. You were probably always conscious of acting smooth and confident at social events she attended, but I doubt you were all in her face the whole time. You likely chatted with a lot of people and she was scoping you being a man. The first thing is to realize that as soon as you place her on a pedestal, you lose her. This is the type of girl that wants to work for a challenging, fun, non-needy, social guy that doesn't serve his value up on a platter to anyone. Be that guy, but do not look like you are trying so hard. Go aloof, have your party 4 days after she gets back in town, and invite hot girls and close friends. Invite her by text or facebook/myspace or whatever. Talk to everyone, and treat her like just a friend, and it will get her juices flowing. Be 100% happy in your world and don't say "Why did you do this or ....What happened with that...". Don't give a fuck about it. Also realize that it's possible that she was already talking/hooking up with someone else around the same time you hooked up. It's either the ex or some other dude. To be honest, I really got the feeling that the period thing was pure B.S., and bringing friends over after hooking up means that she wants to cool down a bit. Reminds me of the episode of Entourage, where E's girl makes up excuse after excuse (period, food poisoning, etc) for why she wont fuck him, only to finally admit that she had been blowing him off to hook up with another guy. I don't say this to discourage you, or make you paranoid. Just realize that a girl just coming out of a relationship is going to play around. If she sees that she can control your mood/state/happiness by not calling you all the time, then she is going to lose interest. Go back to being the same chill, relaxed guy that she knew before and don't bring her soup or anything else. You are being too nice, and that's not good for your game.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

P.S.- Start working on other girls now. Forget about the LTR with her unless she begs for it, and then you really will have a bang session for a week or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZawvjaTflY