rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

moving on to Russia, Eastern Ukr or staying in Lviv?

Hello, I've been in Lviv Ukraine for almost 3 months. It seems like there are a lot of foreigners and hard to find a good teaching jobs that pays. Girls are great and the city is super convenient, you can walk everywhere and meet nice people. However, it is hard to make money here teaching and no schools give out work permits. I'm just spending savings away. Girls here have been hard. They are so flaky, gone on various dates, not really any success, maybe I try to move too fast and too desperate. Sometimes being really direct and using negs don't work so well. I think I've approached maybe too many girls, everywhere there are girls I approached before. I think until I get a good consistent job with a lot of students and have built a solid social circle, it is gonna be hard. I know in Russia, I will make a lot more and get free accommodation, and girls are just as hot and less foreigners in smaller cities. I was wondering are there cities good and convenient as Lviv in Russia or East Ukraine? I'm thinking about staying for a while, since when falls come, there will be a lot more jobs here and plus even if I get the job, I won't be employed in Russia until the beginning of the next school year anyways. I think I'll have similar problems in Russia, if my game is bad.

Try Kharkov. Teaching jobs are easier to get, and the city is bigger.

If you are negging, you will more than likely have a difficult time in Russia as well. You should be reading up on the Russia/Ukraine threads.

If you struggle in one Ukrainian city then you are likely to struggle in another, from what i've heard Kharkiv is probably harder and spoken English is lower.

How about Poland?, it's easier for "entry level" players.

I can speak good Russian and reasonable Ukrainian. IDK, it is seems like speaking Russian and Ukrainian is not helping much. Need to make more friends. Kharkiv is not as convenient city and harder to do Visa runs. I give compliments and be courteous, but a little neg sometimes. I need to approach at the right situation.

I've been to both Russia and Ukraine and liked the Russians more. They're smarter, the visa requirement, although easier now, helps keep casual tourists out. Also, Lviv is nearer Europe and I suspect the women fancy themselves more like Western Europeans and are pickier, waiting for Spanish/German/ English boyfriends to come get them. I met at least on of each of the above.

It is quite expensive to get to Russia and stay there, unless there is a better job lined up, it is unlikely I'll go. But Lviv is a great city, but so many foreigners! I just need to sort my job and build a strong social circle.
Are Russian girls slightly hotter? How are they easier?

I never heard of Lviv having TOO many foreigners. Odessa and Kiev for sure. I am curious what ethnicity /nationality are you??
You can always wing Deb. We all know he OWNS lviv.

Quote: (06-14-2013 07:45 AM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

I never heard of Lviv having TOO many foreigners. Odessa and Kiev for sure. I am curious what ethnicity /nationality are you??
You can always wing Deb. We all know he OWNS lviv.

YEah, deb doesn't really use active game man, it is all passive.
I'm non-European American.
There are a good amount of foreigners here, maybe not as much as Odessa.

Quote: (06-13-2013 07:17 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

If you are negging, you will more than likely have a difficult time in Russia as well. You should be reading up on the Russia/Ukraine threads.

I joke around, not so much actual negs. I try to be reasonably nice.

Well follow DEbs passive game then. Be aware that non whites(euro ) have a harder time in fsu.

Quote: (06-14-2013 03:31 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Well follow DEbs passive game then. Be aware that non whites(euro ) have a harder time in fsu.

His game doesn't apply to most people. His game is looks and saying, "do you speak English", but his frame is rather good. however being aloof is good.

Quote: (06-14-2013 06:29 PM)avantgarde Wrote:  

Quote: (06-14-2013 03:31 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

His game doesn't apply to most people. His game is looks and saying, "do you speak English", but his frame is rather good. however being aloof is good.

so imitate his game)). Looks actually does not help in FSU As MUCH as in the West. Hell....their "type" is NOT even the same western-Anglo hollywood look.Just do what he does. Negging FSU gals is stupid....in fact it will make you seem like a redneck.

Quote: (06-14-2013 06:42 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

so imitate his game)). Looks actually does not help in FSU As MUCH as in the West. Hell....their "type" is NOT even the same western-Anglo hollywood look.Just do what he does. Negging FSU gals is stupid....in fact it will make you seem like a redneck.

[Image: lol.gif] Is there a Russian word for "redneck"?

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (06-14-2013 06:49 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

More or less, yes. It is 'gopnik'.
Literally, it obviouslydoesn't translate the same. Considering what the words mean in each country, it is as close as i think you will get.

Quote: (06-14-2013 07:28 PM)Mersault Wrote:  

Quote: (06-14-2013 06:49 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Literally, it obviouslydoesn't translate the same. Considering what the words mean in each country, it is as close as i think you will get.

Hm, I studied Russian for several years and speak it well but the word "gopnik" eludes me, never even heard of it. Why not use деревенщина?

Can you feel the difference?

деревенщина:

[Image: jitbj8vvnoyy.jpg]

Гопники
:

[Image: idealnyj-gopnik-foto_49329_s__21.jpg]

It is the common slavic tramp style.Czechs and Poles have the same type of guys as well though a lot less volatile and dangerous.

Quote: (06-15-2013 10:17 PM)BCZalgyris Wrote:  

Hm, I studied Russian for several years and speak it well but the word "gopnik" eludes me, never even heard of it. Why not use деревенщина?

You can also use the word 'Kolkhoznik' i.e someone from a Kolkhoz farm. I always use that neg on women there if they do something mildly stupid or uncultured in my presence 'Oi Lenochka,ti takaya kolkhonika!'

Quote: (06-16-2013 02:59 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

You can also use the word 'Kolkhoznik' i.e someone from a Kolkhoz farm. I always use that neg on women there if they do something mildly stupid or uncultured in my presence 'Oi Lenochka,ti takaya kolkhonika!'
THese are complicated negging words, I just say simple things that could be offensive or funny. Someone told me calling girls animals is not a good move when u first meet them.

Quote: (06-16-2013 05:43 AM)avantgarde Wrote:  

Quote: (06-16-2013 02:59 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

THese are complicated negging words, I just say simple things that could be offensive or funny. Someone told me calling girls animals is not a good move when u first meet them.

You needed someone to tell you that?

Stop your negging altogether, it's obviously not working for you. Forget all that bullshit about Mystery Method in the beginning when you meet them. You can tease them but wait until you've locked them in more than you seem to have managed so far.

I don't know about Mystery Methods of whatever but negging doesn't really work with Russian girls, although, i still say random shit that i'm feeling at the time, for example ''you're not that tall''. Probably doesn't help most of the time now that i think about it.

Rather than 'neg' Russian girls, just straight up ignore them. That's to say, first demonstrate your interest, or reciprocate theirs, and then just ignore them a while. Then again, that isn't particular to Russian girls and isn't exactly unique advice. I don't know, don't listen to me. I just talk shit to them, sometimes even with them, and sometimes it works. I wouldn't dream of giving calculated game advice on this forum because half of the point of this forum, i guess, is to develop or share the analytical, calculating and precise nature of a type of game.....that is beyond me. Makes the chase, at least in my eyes, way too clinical and not enough fun. I don't know.

About the word gopnik, yeah, trust me, it's the word for 'redneck' in Russian. It's part of the evryday vernacular. Sure it's slang but everybody in Moscow knows it. I don't know about other places.

Quote: (06-14-2013 07:28 PM)Mersault Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

To me, "gopnik" is one of those punks who wear leather jackets, squat and drink beer. I think it is a prison slang word that is also used by regular people. There is also the word "gop stop" which means street robbery. I think gopniks are the guys who do these robberies or look like they might.

Then, there is the word 'bydlo' which actually comes from Polish and means 'cattle'. The English equivalents are riff raff, scum, chavs (UK).

The russian equivalent of the word 'redneck'? I would say "kolhoznik", which means a peasant from a collective farm, kind of an insult to a village person.

Quote: (06-14-2013 07:33 AM)avantgarde Wrote:  

It is quite expensive to get to Russia and stay there, unless there is a better job lined up, it is unlikely I'll go. But Lviv is a great city, but so many foreigners! I just need to sort my job and build a strong social circle.
Are Russian girls slightly hotter? How are they easier?

You can get pretty good money teaching business English to Russian businessmen from what I hear.

I have only been to Lviv once but it's a beautiful city. Moscow is a massive, grimy 'bright lights, big city" kinda town with a ton of wealthy people and a 24-7 sort of vibe to it not unlike NYC (but in a different sort of manner). But things are generally expensive and you have to know how to save money if you're here on a budget.

You could get a decent apt here for something like $1500-1750/month relatively central if you looked hard. It's all relative but you can skimp a little in Moscow and only go to the cheaper places/restaurants (Moo Moo, Grabli [Image: smile.gif]), focus on daygame, hang out with students, etc. If you want to hang at Soho Rooms every night and chase sponsor-seeking 9s forget it.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Oh my bad, Brodiaga is right. Gopnik is for those type of idiots. I forgot. My bad. Haven't spoken the language in 2 years besides the odd kah di lah to random Russians i bump into and i confused the slang. Apologies.