rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why Germany is underrated on here + picking a good city

I've seen a sour article about Germany on RoK, and having been to two german cities recently (Berlin & Köln), I'll give my take on the matter.

In my opinion, quality is more or less similar accross Europe. In every city over 300,000, you have
- 10% girls that are really hot
- another 20% that are good looking
- another 40% that are average, would not date but would bang if I have been drinking a few beers.
- a remaining 30% that I would not touch unless completely drunk and no witness.

Then it comes to personal preference : if you like thin girls France is better, blondes germany is better, and so on.

If we agree that quality is more or less consistent, what really sets apart cities to me is the logistics.
In fact in my experience I had hotter girls in cities where I had better logistics, regardless of the average level.

Eastern European capitals offer a low cost of living, but it's tough to find a decent paying job there. On the other hand, it's comparatively easy to find a good job in Paris, but the cost of living is prohibitive. So in both these areas logistics are actually difficult.

But, in Germany, you have a bunch of cities where high paying jobs can be found (if you have the skills) and the cost of living is still moderate. Therefore Germany wins on logistics.

I agree. Germany is an awesome country.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

It largely depends on the city you are in.Berlin, Munich, Hamburg are OK the rest is nothing special.
Germany is a lot worse than neighbouring slavic countries with the only real advantage the presence of serious numbers of slavic hotties in certain locations.

Although I agree that Germany is somewhat unappreciated, you have to be not very well travelled if you think the quality of girls is pretty much the same throughout Europe.

Take a trip to Eastern Europe(Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Hungary, Romania) then adjust your percentages accordingly.

Also I would say that in many countries such as Germany, UK, France, etc, the percentage of girls that are really hot is actually less than 5%

Also if you find a job in Germany you will be expected to work like a dog for very long hours likely 12 hours a day with shifts.So good luck with girls hunting you really need lots of stamina.

I love German girls. Eastern European girls can be pretty but many are a bit Mongoloid. And I mean that in the anthropoligical sense, not as a slur. If that's your thing, fantastic. But it isn't my thing.

Slavic girls Mongoloid? Not at all.Mouse faces you can call them as many people who do not like them call them (Slav=mouse face).In fact if you see Czech and German girls in bikinis I doubt you will be able to tell the difference ASAP.

To be fair, I thought Frankfurt was way better than Berlin, lol.

What cities are you talking about when you mentioned "well paying jobs and moderate cost of living"?

The UK seems to be high cost of living (in the south) and moderate-paying jobs, lol. Worst of both worlds.

Cologne is widely known by Germans as the friendliest city in Germany. Berlin is known for its techno scene, Cologne is known for its house, with imprints like Kompakt being the epitome of the 'Cologne sound'. Go to Cologne in the summer or alternatively in February for carnival. Great city. Hamburg is well worth a visit too. As Richie said, Frankfurt ain't a bad place to spend time either as its Germany's financial centre.

The Rhineland, in general, is reknowned for its friendliness in a country not exactly known for the gregariousness of its people. Take a trip to any of a number of little cities along the Rhine in summer and you are doing well. Duesseldorf, for example, is good.

I really like Stuttgart in Schwabia too. Great nightlife.

Berlin is a shadow of it's former self with respect to the freedom and nightlife. If you're looking to capture what people used to rave about try Dresden and Leipzig. They are cheap and well worth a look. You can stop at one or both on the way between Berlin-Prague or Munich-Berlin.

Great info perspective! Thanks...

Yeah its funny, sometimes I meet some amazingly friendly, interesting and feminine german girls, particularly London and Europe... but when I lived in Berlin I didnt meet any like that, and although Frankfurt was better, people were still quite standoffish.

Great tip on the friendliness in Cologne, Dusseldorf and the Rhineland. Cheers!

Quote: (06-11-2013 03:03 PM)StealthAlpha Wrote:  

I love German girls. Eastern European girls can be pretty but many are a bit Mongoloid. And I mean that in the anthropoligical sense, not as a slur. If that's your thing, fantastic. But it isn't my thing.

Many slavs have some mongoloid-like features. It's not because of asian intermixing, but because of a more archaic phenotype.

I was a GI there a long time ago. I read the RoK piece and agree that Germans are kind of reserved. Of course GIs have busted up more than one gasthaus and we had a checkered reputation there that was difficult to overcome.

I've been back a few times and always have a good time nowadays when I'm an older civilian.

The trick to having a good time in Germany is to hit the local wine and beer festivals in smaller towns and cities. Being able to speak some German helps a lot, too.

This website has the best directory of festivals I've seen: http://www.veranstaltungen-in-deutschland.de/

Quote:Quote:

Berlin is a shadow of it's former self with respect to the freedom and nightlife

What sort of timeframe you considering here?

A shadow compared to the 1990's? or compared to the 1920's?

Quote: (06-11-2013 09:34 PM)T and A Man Wrote:  

Berlin is a shadow of it's former self with respect to the freedom and nightlife

A shadow compared to the 1990's? or compared to the 1920's?

[Image: ask-helga-570x309.jpg]

The 20's of course.

Or the 1970s.

[Image: Kraftwerk.jpg]

[Image: donna-summer-giorgio-moroder-i-feel-love-1977.jpg]

Or the 1980s.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Quote: (06-11-2013 02:46 PM)Alexander Wrote:  

Although I agree that Germany is somewhat unappreciated, you have to be not very well travelled if you think the quality of girls is pretty much the same throughout Europe.

Take a trip to Eastern Europe(Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Hungary, Romania) then adjust your percentages accordingly.

Also I would say that in many countries such as Germany, UK, France, etc, the percentage of girls that are really hot is actually less than 5%

UK = 1% (being generous) there might be higher in london but they are not natives but eastern european recent arrivals

France = 10%

Germany = 15% imo.

You cant compare the UK with germany, I know germany is not czech or poland, but please just don't.

Quote: (06-11-2013 03:09 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Slavic girls Mongoloid? Not at all.Mouse faces you can call them as many people who do not like them call them (Slav=mouse face).In fact if you see Czech and German girls in bikinis I doubt you will be able to tell the difference ASAP.

Not czech , but talking about russian, ukranian, belorrusian, a lot of them have round faces, and sometims abit asian-like features (which doesnt mean they look asian or are part asian)

I've noticed that a lot of those eastern-slavic women have some exotic factor in the same way latinas do.

Quote: (06-11-2013 06:07 PM)perspective Wrote:  

I really like Stuttgart in Schwabia too. Great nightlife.

Berlin is a shadow of it's former self with respect to the freedom and nightlife. If you're looking to capture what people used to rave about try Dresden and Leipzig. They are cheap and well worth a look. You can stop at one or both on the way between Berlin-Prague or Munich-Berlin.

I don't know what happened to Berlin but I agree that it's not as good as some people say. My guess is that somehow they "disneyfied" their city, much like how Las Vegas tried to paint itself as a family vacation destination in the 80s and 90s and (according to some friends) the nightlife was complete shit until roughly 2000. I noticed an awful lot of families pushing strollers and toddlers even though I was usually four-five beers in and it was 10PM on a Friday night. It's possible that I was just in the wrong district of the city. Not sure.

Dresden is so-so, though better than a lot of the US; stayed there for about five months and found the girls get average to busted after about mid-October, since many of them go to warmer climates and there are no more tourists. While they tend to have bubble asses and decent figures (you get the occasional coke-can girl with no ass here and there, take the good with the bad) a lot of them are butterfaces. Since a lot of guys give 1-2 extra points to girls who happen to be blonde it might be favorable to a large crowd.

Germany in general gets an unfairly bad rap and I'm not sure why. You couldn't ask for a better nightlife or drinking culture. Transportation is cheap and easy, alcohol is reasonably priced, women appreciate masculine men who lead, they're very hospitable and girls will even cook you breakfast, they speak english well, you can smoke and drink wherever you please, methinks it's a lot like the US in the 70s. Logistics are easy as hell to set up, you can just rent a hostel room within twenty yards of the hottest nightclub in town and it's cheap as shit, just walk into the club, pull, rinse and repeat if you have good enough game. The ROK article claims it's a "social graveyard" - not true at all.

Some of the women are even pretty forward and there was one club in Dresden where I'd go in December and just wait next to the bar until some slut would walk up and approach/get near me, then I'd lightly touch her shoulder and make the approach. While the serious player would have to change his game plan after about 1130-1200 when the ratios would bomb but leaning back and being chill is generally how it works there. Too much high energy type shit or talking too much will scare the cat over there.

Most girls seem to go into hibernation during the winter so you have to find the particular clubs where they still hang out, drink, and smoke with their friends. It can be aggravating since there's just so damned many bars in Dresden, and oftentimes you'll step into the regular pussy magnet treffpunkt only to find it completely empty since there was punk night three blocks away at Katy's Garage.

Schwabia was also a mind-boggling region. The German was so god-awful I could never understand any of it and they couldn't seem to understand me, but the women in those odd little valley towns were easily two points higher than the average in Germany. I have no idea why these probably inbred little villages in the middle of Nowheresville, Germany kick out so many stunningly hot chicks but walking into dance clubs and martini lounges was like being an extra in a Bond movie.

It can depend on the city, but generally, I tend to find German women I a bit boring and a bit masculine. In terms of physical looks they're ok, but their general vibe just tends to turn me off. Not that I'm saying this is an objective truth, but it's just my personal preference. They're not my type.

On the other hand, German cities have a lot of history and culture. Munich, Berlin, Nürnberg and the like are all worth visiting for a good time, but I would never advise going there specifically for the women.

Quote: (06-12-2013 12:22 AM)Traveler86 Wrote:  

UK = 1% (being generous) there might be higher in london but they are not natives but eastern european recent arrivals

France = 10%

Germany = 15% imo.

You cant compare the UK with germany, I know germany is not czech or poland, but please just don't.

I actually think German and UK women are on par, almost all the attractive women I have met in Germany are foreigners, the same as in England.

Your standards must be distinctly average if you think 15% in Germany, for me there is nowhere in the world with 15% hot women.

German women are very plain looking and dress like shit.

Quote: (06-12-2013 03:00 AM)w00t Wrote:  

Come to Munich...the style and class of the women here has the potential to put Manhattan to shame.

Not to mention their stuck-up attitudes [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (06-11-2013 10:03 PM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Ha, I am referring to the 1990s and 2000s of course (though the 20s would have been great). A confluence of numerous factors made Berlin an extraordinary place: hundreds of large empty buildings downtown allowed illegal clubs, art galleries etc. and squats for up to two decades (in the capital of an affluent first-world country!). Then there was the drugs and electronic music that coincided with the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Even well into this century it was a place where things were easy and lots was possible. One example ... there were practically no police anywhere. Laws were just ignored. That kind of relaxed atmosphere was brilliant for innovation. Rents were cheap and living was fun and easy if you had even a bit of money. Three things that helped hasten the inevitable change: shite Easyjet tourism, Schengen Agreement and every vulture capitalist in Europe purchasing Berlin apartments for his portfolio.

Berlin became a victim of it's own success of course.

Agree broadly with comments here regarding German cities and women. German women don't dress slutty generally and they are mostly well educated, so if you can't hold a conversation you'd better find a drunk one, a really horny one, or a hairdresser. Learn a little German too if you like, but in cities everyone under 30 speaks English pretty much.

@Hades

Yeah, fair points about Dresden and Germany in general. All true. People hiberate in winter (for good reason). I like Dresden's current profile, but, yeah, unless the students are around to liven things up it gets quiet. The warmer seasons are best of course.

Something to remember about Germany is that it is culturally diverse and there exists an invisible border between the north and south. So it is helpful to view Germany in two distinct halfs (former Prussia in the north vs Bavaria, Schawabia, Thuringen and Baden Wuerttenburg). The south is generally more expensive for residents and travellers.

@Sp5

Your point regarding local festivials is spot on, especially if you are there in spring/summer - local beer festivals abound that are great for girls, drinking and food. If Bacchus came to earth for a drink he would go to these: Maifest, Frühlingsfest, Sommerfest, Starkbierfest, Weinfest, Winzerfest, etc. Germans at their most relaxed here.

A Sonnwendfeier (summer solstice fest) in Bavaria is the most pagan thing you'll ever do: huge bonfire, food, beer, women all drunk and easy. Pretty much exactly like it was 500 or 1000 years ago I suspect.

Quote: (06-12-2013 03:54 AM)capote Wrote:  

Quote: (06-12-2013 03:00 AM)w00t Wrote:  

Come to Munich...the style and class of the women here has the potential to put Manhattan to shame.

Not to mention their stuck-up attitudes [Image: biggrin.gif]

Ha ... too true.

Quote: (06-12-2013 12:22 AM)Traveler86 Wrote:  

France = 10%

Germany = 15% imo.

Traveller86...1% for UK women...very generous....BUT even worse 15% for Germans?...how do your delightful homeland chicks rank in this? [Image: wink.gif]

I think Bonn-Koln-Dusseldorf-Essen-Bochum-Dortmund aglommeration has a great potential, still not many guys have written about it. Within ~100 km air distance, you have around 10 milliion inhabitants and quite a few universities. Been there few years ago and saw it as a long-term residence ---> Krauser's 'long game' could be easily implemented here (different cities, but easily attainable with the car or train for visiting girls once in a while)