rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help with my morning schedule

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can chip in with a routine that works for them to help me out with my morning schedule:

Basically I work out at 6am with a personal trainer. I usually get up without an alarm at around 515am but the issue is that I tell my self that I'll sleep in an extra 10-15 mins to get to 530.

This wouldn't matter so much if it wasn't for the fact that those 15mins mean the difference between having oatmeal in the morning vs a quick up and go breakfast drink.

I don't really like oatmeal but it makes me feel really energized.

Is there something that can get me to jolt me our of bed? I'm thinking some inspirational speeches or something in the morning playing to jolt me out of bed.

Any good speeches? What works for you? What's your routine and how do you get your kick start?

If your kitchen is next to your living room, place your alarm on the top of your fridge while you sleep on the couch, inside of it have a cold energy drink or preworkout mix, and ACV shot + cold water waiting. This way after you've gotten up and walked to turn of the alarm, you're already standing right in front of the fridge that has a drink that will clear up your morning groggyness with the added benefit of the caffeine 'peaking' at the beginning of your workout. Or you can place your alarm across the room in the same spot as the drinks in a small cooler filled with ice the night before.

Let me summarize: You are already able to wake naturally at 5:15 am and you work out with a personal trainer at 6 am. Still, you bitch about 10 to 15 minutes of lazy indulgence. Right? [Image: dodgy.gif]

It seems to me that you've already achieved a respectable level of self-control. If you really have to improve any further, I would maybe mimic the morning prayer of the Dalai Lama and recite it aloud every morning after waking up:

Quote:Quote:

Today I am fortunate to have woken up,
I am alive; I have a precious human life.
I am not going to waste it.
I am going to use all my energies to develop myself,
To expand my heart out to others,
To achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.
I am going to have kind thoughts towards others.
I am not going to get angry, or think badly about others;
I am going to benefit others as much as I can.

You could even modify it and make it manlier by removing some wuss-lines and inserting stuff light "I am going to approach at least one girl" or "I am going to behave like a volcano of sexual energy".

Oh, an ditch the oatmeal. Grains are bad for you.

Quote: (06-10-2013 03:43 AM)PoosyWrecker Wrote:  

If your kitchen is next to your living room, place your alarm on the top of your fridge while you sleep on the couch, inside of it have a cold energy drink or preworkout mix, and ACV shot + cold water waiting. This way after you've gotten up and walked to turn of the alarm, you're already standing right in front of the fridge that has a drink that will clear up your morning groggyness with the added benefit of the caffeine 'peaking' at the beginning of your workout. Or you can place your alarm across the room in the same spot as the drinks in a small cooler filled with ice the night before.

Thanks PW. Are you a believer in the ACV - I tried it for a while (the real Brag stuff with the mother), and didn't notice a major difference, but it did kill / burn my oesophagus even when diluted

Quote: (06-10-2013 03:57 AM)Mr. Cameltoe Wrote:  

Let me summarize: You are already able to wake naturally at 5:15 am and you work out with a personal trainer at 6 am. Still, you bitch about 10 to 15 minutes of lazy indulgence. Right? [Image: dodgy.gif]

Let's put it this way - that's the reason I have a personal trainer - it forces me to get up.

What happens is, I usually wake up naturally between 4.30-5.15. When I do wake at that time, I don't feel great - in fact the only thing on my mind is to try and get back to sleep.

When I do have a workout, I still sleep in for another 10-15 mins and then get up because I know the PT will tear my ass to shreds if I am late.

If I'm not working out, I usually sleep in for another 90-120 mins convincing myself that I'll feel better for it - but I don't.

What I want to do (and need help with) is to get rid of that sleep-in after the early morning wake up. Mainly because the extra sleep does not make me feel any better, so I might as well start the day earlier.

It seems to me that you've already achieved a respectable level of self-control. If you really have to improve any further, I would maybe mimic the morning prayer of the Dalai Lama and recite it aloud every morning after waking up:

Today I am fortunate to have woken up,
I am alive; I have a precious human life.
I am not going to waste it.
I am going to use all my energies to develop myself,
To expand my heart out to others,
To achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.
I am going to have kind thoughts towards others.
I am not going to get angry, or think badly about others;
I am going to benefit others as much as I can.

You could even modify it and make it manlier by removing some wuss-lines and inserting stuff light "I am going to approach at least one girl" or "I am going to behave like a volcano of sexual energy".
Thanks. I need something like that along with a bit of the Al Pacino "inch by inch" speech I just found I guess - because what he says is right - when you add up all those inches, that's "going to make the fucking difference" - and those 10-15 mins in the morning are another inch for me.

Oh, an ditch the oatmeal. Grains are bad for you.
Really? I know it's a grain, but it's usually recommended by bodybuilders and even some paleos make an exception for it don't they? It's not something I like, but it definitely has an effect on me when I force myself to have it.

Visualizing yourself getting right out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off works for me - I think I got that from a Roosh post. It also helps to beeline to the bathroom and splash water on your face immediately.

Other than that, what time are you going to bed? Are you getting enough sleep?

Putting the alarm clock far away from your bed works good. You could also offer yourself a reward on the weekends if you get up right away everyday (a nice meal), and a punishment if you don't (give your buddy $20 if you fail your goal).

The short story is just force yourself to get up immediately and keep repeating it. Like anything, it's a habit and after doing it for three weeks, every single time, it'll be natural.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

There's many things that can help you get out of bed, with several being already mentioned above.
One thing that helps me: I tell myself that the hardest part of my day is getting out of bed and that the worst thing to do would be to fall back asleep. When I do get up, then I'm already having a good day.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

You could try making overnight oats in a jar to save some time.

Don't eat before the gym if you're going that early. The intermittent fast should still be going on.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Welcome to the Grind

I am no big fan of TV but it works great for me to get up in the morning. One likes to get up if there is something new. The problem with some speeches or motivation vids is that they are not new so they do not motivate after some time.

Go to bed earlier.

Don't make oatmeal. Just add raw oats to your breakfast drink.

My morning smoothie is milk, banana, raw oatmeal, walnuts or almonds, protein powder, honey.

Takes about 3 minutes. I take it to go in a glass jar.

Hide your alarm clock somewhere in your room.
That way you have to get up to switch it off.
Getting up is the hard part not staying up.

I also enjoy my protein shake in the morning on an empty stomach.
2 cups milk, 1 cup oats, 1 banana, 1 scoop chocolate flavored whey protein and other fruits I find like strawberries.
After your workout take a cold shower.
You'll feel fucking amazing

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates