rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buenos Aires 2013 September onwards

Buenos Aires 2013 September onwards

Looking for some information from people who are there now or have recently returned.

To quickly run through, I'll provide some context.

I lived there before a few years back, spent much of the time there working as a DJ. I never enquired then as to the local 'tefl' environment. I was hanging out at the time with some people who were doing it but, frankly, i can't remember what they said about it. So, i know about the city. Don't want to know about rent, living cost etc. I just don't know , and would like to know, about the 'tefl' situation in 2013.
Now, i'm either going to China or Buenos Aires in September. It depends on a few factors that i will keep to myself because they aren't that interesting and will have little effect on the type of response i hope to get. Anyway, if i move back to Buenos Aires i will have two options. A) Work through savings, or, B) stay steady with a 'tefl' job.

However, accurate up to date information on tefl jobs in Buenos Aires isn't that easy to come by and my friends on the ground there (facebook etc) are full of rubbish (''yah, plenty of jobs, just come, blah blah'') when they don't actually know shit and are just reciting what somebody else told them and somebody before that.

So, i don't want to end up choosing Buenos Aires, getting out there and finding out that there is no opportunity to get by as a tefl teacher.
Does anybody actually know what the tefl market there is like? What type of pay ought i to expect in 2013? what type of hours will be expected of me by the school (separate from private clients)? how easy is it to get a gig?

Thanks in advance guys.
All accurate information appreciated.