rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

PRISM is watching you

PRISM is watching you

Following on from the Verizon thread, now we have some details about PRISM:
'What PRISM does is to allow the NSA and the FBI to tap directly "into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio, video, photographs, e-mails, documents and connection logs that enable analysts to track a person’s movements and contacts over time."'

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-06-06...-operation

PRISM is watching you

[Image: 235868-177412-prism.jpg]

[Image: troll.gif] thread

PRISM is watching you

Soup, that's a pretty serious allegation here. I'm not trolling. The information comes from The Washington Post, hardly a bastion of conspiracy theorists, I would have thought. Did you even read the link?

An apology is in order, mate.

PRISM is watching you

That seems pretty serious. It's not so much that someone is going to be harmed or enslaved by the emerging spy network that media are currently digging out, but it's still a blatant violation of everyone's rights. Hardly something that a society touting democracy and free speech should do.

Since there is no hope of changing this, I suggest emigrating.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

PRISM is watching you

All they're doing is pushing to see how much they can get away with doing. How much more of our rights that they can erase. I do find it interesting that the MSM has picked up the story, but it'll surprise me more if it's still in the news cycles come Monday. Most people out there either don't care, or are ok with rights violations such as these because they have "nothing to hide". Did having this type of backdoor access into those internet and phone companies stop the Boston Marathon Bombings?

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

PRISM is watching you

I agree with NYJ. They're gonna push until there is a public outcry and then take a timeout. However, I don't think Americans will be able to rescind these capabilities from the USG. Not unless an entirely new Congress comes to power.

Personally, given how apathetic Americans are these days, I don't think we will see any significant change in policy or public debate on this issue as long as we are convinced that it "fights terrorism."

PRISM is watching you

stuff like this gets no attention. absurd.
just like everyone not even knowing what the ndaa was.

time to start using vpns 24/7

PRISM is watching you

Quote: (06-07-2013 07:49 AM)NY Digital Wrote:  

stuff like this gets no attention. absurd.
just like everyone not even knowing what the ndaa was.

time to start using vpns 24/7

A key factor in the imposition by stealth of Total Surveillance is that most people are distracted by FB, Twitter etc. I think the internet will ultimately become a tool of social control to the extent that as we invest more of our selves in our online presence, it becomes almost ontologically threatening for it to be taken away. Elsewhere on the forum I posted a quote by Servan, which talks about the power of automatically linking the crime with the punishment in the mind of the offender. Many people will think "I'd better not post this, because I know they're watching and it might get me into trouble - they might even stop my internet access."

The tools of social control are becoming ever more advanced by the day. We're Tweeting our way to Techno-fascism, mark my words.

PRISM is watching you

The NSA has code breakers and massive computers that can break any of the know encryption algorithms. I started curtailing what I say on the Internet a long time ago and do not assume I am anonymous, because I know I am not. I don't know why people go onto facebook and give away their entire Identity with pictures included. The government needs some intelligence to fight the bad guys, because the bad guy are using advanced technology too. The problem is that the information eventually gets used to oppress political opponents as we have just seen with the IRS.

Rico... Sauve....

PRISM is watching you

Front page WSJ article about Obama's civil liberties track record...but I was too distracted by the cover photo to read it:

[Image: OB-XT455_OBAPHO_G_20130606225144.jpg]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

PRISM is watching you

[Image: OB-XT455_OBAPHO_G_20130606225144.jpg]

Big Brother is watching you, but you go grrl with those uggs in the summertime!

PRISM is watching you

Thanks to PRISM, the government now has a complete and unfettered access to every dick pic you've sent since 2007.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

PRISM is watching you

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Oh, can't you see
You belong to me

PRISM is watching you

This has been going on for years. Most Americans are too absorbed in nonsense to be bothered. There's too much interst in Dancing With The Stars, and what Kim and Kanye are doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_(si...elligence)

http://publicintelligence.net/nsa-begins...ta-center/

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

PRISM is watching you

The way we defeat PRISM isn't by reducing our online footprint and retreating into a Luddite shell. It's by doing the exact opposite. The true destroyer of intelligence gathering is wrecking the signal-to-noise ratio until the system can't tell legitimate security issues from mindless chatter.

PRISM is watching you

the government is building a supercomputer that can store and analyze more information than exists. you dont overwhelm it.
you stop sending 95% of politicians back every election cycle

PRISM is watching you

Every single politician ought to be out there saying this needs to stop NOW and if they don't they need to be replaced by someone who does. I don't care if it's a democrat, republican, libertarian, tea party, or any other party, if they run for office saying they will stop this shit ASAP they have my vote.

PRISM is watching you

PRISM is watching you

This doesn't surprise me at all that the government is doing this. What does surprise me is the extent that they are doing this at. It's chilling to know that they can archive all of ones emails, phone records, conversations via home phone and even your web searches for later analysis. Big brother has now arrived and most Americans are too preoccupied to care or notice.

PRISM is watching you

Quote: (06-07-2013 06:41 AM)NYJ Wrote:  

Most people out there either don't care, or are ok with rights violations such as these because they have "nothing to hide".
People are quick to ask what you're trying to hide if you say you don't like the government getting in your business and keeping an eye on you. Or that you don't like cops asking pointless questions to try and get get something out of you. Minority Report will be for real thanks to this mindset.

PRISM is watching you

Quote: (06-07-2013 04:11 PM)lurker Wrote:  

The way we defeat PRISM isn't by reducing our online footprint and retreating into a Luddite shell. It's by doing the exact opposite. The true destroyer of intelligence gathering is wrecking the signal-to-noise ratio until the system can't tell legitimate security issues from mindless chatter.

I've always said; Disinformation is a bitchin weapon. Plant enough flag words in your daily texting, emails, PMs, etc., that they're chasing their own tails.

PRISM is watching you

Anyone remember the end of the movie 'Escape from LA' where Kurt Russell playing Snake Plissken decides America blows and EMPs the entire world sending the globe back to a literal dark age?

PRISM is watching you

How about this-- since they can track literally everything you do, I would bet if they hadn't already, every person posting regularly on this forum from a home internet account billed to their name will be ID'd in the Gubmint's database within 1-2 years at the most.

I was a low-level network technician and programmer, and even I can figure out pretty easily how to do it, here's how it would work in general.

A database for Roosh focum is started.

1) Every login is recorded with the IP it came from
2) The IPs are matched against all the ISP subscriber lists which they probably already have a back-door into.
3) They get the list of Rooshforum logins from Roosh's hosting company
4) Just run a match on the two.

Most people have a dynamic IP, but it usually stays the same for weeks or months, and the database just needs to have the following:

TABLE 1: ISP_SUBSCRIBERS_IP_DATABASE ( obtained from ATT comcast etc)

subscriber_name / IP / IP_date_start / IP_date_end

TABLE 2 ROOSHFORUM_LOGINS (Obtained from Roosh's Hosting Comp)

roosh_login_IP_source / login_name / login_date

Then you just cross reference "iknowexactly"'s IP according to the Roosh host, with the ISP database.

You can get around it using a proxy, but how can you trust the proxy? And I can't think of a more conspicuous thing to do than using a proxy. I'm guessing that would REALLY get you watched.

It was cost-prohibitive to track multi-million record tables like this until hard drive space essentially became free,and while fast computers were still really expensive.

Today, with off-the-shelf computers running mySql you could track everything, everywhere.

The hardware would only cost in the low millions.

For the most part they won't do anything with it.
But if you have a sensitive job or a professional license, you should be planning to be outed.

PRISM is watching you

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/ea...CMP=twt_gu

PRISM is watching you

Quote: (06-17-2013 02:19 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

Anyone remember the end of the movie 'Escape from LA' where Kurt Russell playing Snake Plissken decides America blows and EMPs the entire world sending the globe back to a literal dark age?

FUCK YES