rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Canadian Man Pays $3.3 Million Dowry to Marry Thai Chick

Canadian Man Pays .3 Million Dowry to Marry Thai Chick

Unreal...What a dumbass. Granted, he's been with the chick for 9 years and he's mega-rich, but still, giving a chick 100 million baht for the "privilege" of marrying her? Certainly doesn't seem like Alpha male behavior to me. Unflippin believable.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/03/ca...00-million

Sounds like she's from a well off family. In that case her family should give it back. Its all about face and appearance for the wedding. Sure you already know that though, you've been here longer than I. Hopefully he gets it back.

anyone that has been to thailand knows that the elite crust of thai society is borderline impenetrable even for very successful, handsome foreign men.

if he's wifed an attractive girl from a mega wealthy thai traditional family then kudos to him. he's achieved against the odds. not the worst choice of wife material. by the way, $3.3m is probably small change to upper class thais, not kidding. they will most likely give it back anyway.

"She was born to a farmer family."

She wasn't from a wealthy family. Obviously the mega-wealthy tend to stick together or run in the same circles. if you're a foreigner then it's definitely going to take big cash to break into those circles and score with a top-notch Thai chick. From what the article says though, I don't think she's from a well-off family. In any case, definitely hope the dude gets a good chunk of it back.

That's crazy indeed!
Btw, welcome to the forum an American in Bangkok! I enjoy your insight on Thai women and living there. Just finished watching your video about how your friend blew 90K on a Thai girl. That's just crazy! You should have gone in person in Pattaya and bitch slap him to make him wake up from the spell that that freelancer had cast upon him. With 100K, he would have been able to start a pretty decent business with good cashflow within a year no problem and then he could have partied and lived it up. It never ceases to amaze me how smart, intelligent men got played that easily by a woman. Ah the power of sweetness and pussy have can be devastatingly too much to handle for some guys as it seems.

According to the article girl was working as a waitress. Doesn't sound like she came from an uber-wealthy family to me. Also, she's 37.

"The wealth came in the form of gold bars, gold ornaments, a nine-karat diamond ring, THB1.7 million in cash, a 30-rai piece of land and six townhouses.."

Wow. That sounds less like a dowry and more like a diversified portfolio.

Maybe the guy is just taking alternative, bizarre steps to safeguard his wealth. This way, if the financial system collapses, he can still move in with his mom-in-law and 'help' manage her property portfolio.

Ah, I only read the part about her getting her Ph.D and having several masters degrees. My mistake, dude ain't gettin shit back lol.

Way to single-handedly exacerbate the gold-digging mentality that already exists here, Douchebag.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (06-04-2013 12:58 AM)rekruler Wrote:  

According to the article girl was working as a waitress. Doesn't sound like she came from an uber-wealthy family to me. Also, she's 37.

about to hit the wall (thai wall is late 30s rather than early). assessment of cost per bang from age 37+ onwards: overpriced.

Quote: (06-04-2013 01:30 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Quote: (06-04-2013 12:58 AM)rekruler Wrote:  

about to hit the wall (thai wall is late 30s rather than early). assessment of cost per bang from age 37+ onwards: overpriced.

And a Thai guy would have refused to pay ANYTHING for this "girl." Once again, clueless loser makes a laughing stock of Western men in Thailand...

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

What can I get for a goat, an iguana and a half cat?

This is what happens when men with more money than brains and who
were pussy starved in the West are prone to making some absolutely insane things when they get to Asia. Guys like these should not be allowed to travel. They are the ones screwing things up and corrupting the minds of sweet little things up by bringing their betaness and white knigting to the rest of the world.

Perfect example of how wealthy businessmen, despite their supposed business prowess, know fuck all about women.

I would take anyone telling me about themselves or someone from places like India, Thailand, Philippines, Caribbean as being well-off or from "royal"/respected families very skeptically as these terms/classifications seem to be thrown around very loosely.

Quote: (06-04-2013 05:21 AM)phoenix101 Wrote:  

I would take anyone telling me about themselves or someone from places like India, Thailand, Philippines, Caribbean as being well-off or from "royal"/respected families very skeptically as these terms/classifications seem to be thrown around very loosely.

What are you referring to? To people on this forum talking about others being well off? Or a Thai/Indian/Etc. person saying that they themselves are well off?

I don't understand your comment at all.

Quote: (06-04-2013 04:37 AM)anamericaninbangkok Wrote:  

Perfect example of how wealthy businessmen, despite their supposed business prowess, know fuck all about women.

Quoted for truth.

I have seen this all through my life with friends and family. Knowing a lot about business and how to make no money has ZERO relation on their knowledge of women. You'd think guys smart enough to navigate and succeed in the business world would know their way around social interactions with the opposite sex, alas...

@RioNomad Never mind, I based it off your comment that she's probably from a well-off family, though she's from a farmer family. Have worked with a tone of people from the "2nd world" and it seems every other person is an "important" person back home.

Quote: (06-04-2013 05:40 AM)phoenix101 Wrote:  

@RioNomad Never mind, I based it off your comment that she's probably from a well-off family, though she's from a farmer family. Have worked with a tone of people from the "2nd world" and it seems every other person is an "important" person back home.

I assumed she was well off when I read she was getting her Ph.D and had several masters degrees, my mistake. Generally poor farm girls don't have several advanced degrees, but I was wrong in this case. I should have read the entire article.

As far as "important" people, I have no idea. There are however a lot of very well off people in Bangkok.

She's 37.

Quote: (06-03-2013 11:33 PM)anamericaninbangkok Wrote:  

Unreal...What a dumbass. Granted, he's been with the chick for 9 years and he's mega-rich, but still, giving a chick 100 million baht for the "privilege" of marrying her? Certainly doesn't seem like Alpha male behavior to me. Unflippin believable.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/03/ca...00-million

Um no, a man can only receive a dowry, and can never pay one. Look up the definition of the word -- a dowry is the money given by the family of the bride to a high status man so that he will marry her. What this guy is paying is a bride-price, or an idiot tax.

Quote: (06-04-2013 06:57 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

She's 37.

When I saw the word "dowry" I initially though the guy got $3.3 MM to wife up some chic.... and thought, "a 37 year old?? -- not even for $3.3 MM." Then read the story and realized the OP simply doesn't understand what dowry means and that the guy is actually paying this money!!! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot [Image: huh.gif]

Quote: (06-04-2013 06:57 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

She's 37.

that's just crazy man. 37.

[Image: Afro-shaking-head-no.gif]

she better be the hottest thai chick. because last time i checked. asian women don't age to well.

Is that 3.3 mil for short time or long time?

Weird story, it boggles the mind how something like this could happen. Even if Asian women do age better than Western ones, you just don't wife up 37 year old women, especially if you have to pay lol.