rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fenugreek's affect on my hair

For the last five years, I've had an receding hairline, the first years i was quite oblivious never giving any thought to it. But last year it hit me that something was really going on. I found it quite surprising as my father at age 55 still caries almost the same hair amount as he did in hes teenage years.

Me being a pessimist my first thought was to just let nature go its way. My mother on the other hand was not gonna let it go without a fight, so she bought me this product from the pharmacy which could have an affect on my hair. The product just contained normal vitamins. The only thing I never heard of before was something called fenugreek. So I started taking this product, which I now have done for the last four weeks. At first I was really expecting nothing. I was 99% sure this was a scam, that this product would have zero effect on my hair, and I would just loose my money as well. About one week ago I had my first look in the mirror examining my hairline and I was quite surprised with the result.

[Image: 123456hkwahlhklfskasf.png]

I wish I had taken a picture prior to this process for comparison. But as i really had not faith in the product I had no reason to do it.

All the hair inside the black shape is actually new in the last 4 weeks. I probably have not had any hair in this area in the last 3 years. So my reasoning was that there was no hair-roots left in this area. My hair also feels thicker, so I assume this is something happening in my entire head.

I am not sure what the English word is for the area inside the black shape. Although the hair in this area still is thin, it gives my hair allover a healthier look from a further distance at a more nomal angel. I am hoping some more old forgotten roots will start to shine in the next weeks. I also bought some raw fenugreek seeds, which I will start drinking everyday from now, as soon as they arrive in the mail. Hoping that raising the dosage will have some additional effect.

Fenugreek is also supposed to raise the testosterone, i haven't felt anything to this.

I found this photo taken 2-3 months ago. I am sorry its very bad lightning, but it might still be possible to see some changes.

[Image: 234asfasfasfasf.png]

Reviewing my title, I feel that saying 100% sure its the fenugreek work, might be a little bombastic. But I haven't done any other changes to my life in this period as I can think of.

midwives prescribe fenugreek to new mothers to make them produce more milk.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Yeah, i've read so. But its hardly a herb that increase feminine abilities, as it also is shown to increase testosterone also

http://robthoburn.wordpress.com/2011/02/...it-smells/

Did you take fenugreek in a pill or make a paste from the seeds? I read the link above and it says taking fenugreek in a pill raises DHT levels, which causes hair loss. If one were to make a paste then that would promote hair growth.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-use...r-hair.htm

My hair has been thinning for the last couple of years so I buy aloe vera leaves and rub it in my hair. It helps a lot but it hasn't brought me back to my original hair volume.

Hmm, that's weird. I actually take it in a pill form. But now I ordered some seed that i will try and find a way to make tea from.

Aloe vera helps? huh, might give it a try myself.

in the pills, it was also a lot of other stuff I found a complete list online: Most of the other ingrediens I've taken before, so I can't see them to be a reason for this sudden hair growth, but they might have an effect on neutralizing the DHT effect, i really dont know.

Arcon Biospray (2 spray): Niacin (B3) 5,9 mg, Soyaekstrakt 4,5 mg, Vitamin E 3,3 mg.
60 ml, 80

Arcon Tisane: 260 mg flytende fenugreek, 10 mg niacin (vitamin B3), 9 mg pantotensyre (vitamin B5), 1,6 mg Riboflavin (vitamin B2), 1, 5 mg vitamin B6, 95 mcg folat, soyaolje, gelatin, geleringsmiddel, emulgator, kakao-powder, sitrusgrape aroma.

Quote: (06-02-2013 11:59 AM)pants Wrote:  

Hmm, that's weird. I actually take it in a pill form. But now I ordered some seed that i will try and find a way to make tea from.

Aloe vera helps? huh, might give it a try myself.

in the pills, it was also a lot of other stuff I found a complete list online: Most of the other ingrediens I've taken before, so I can't see them to be a reason for this sudden hair growth, but they might have an effect on neutralizing the DHT effect, i really dont know.

Arcon Biospray (2 spray): Niacin (B3) 5,9 mg, Soyaekstrakt 4,5 mg, Vitamin E 3,3 mg.
60 ml, 80

Arcon Tisane: 260 mg flytende fenugreek, 10 mg niacin (vitamin B3), 9 mg pantotensyre (vitamin B5), 1,6 mg Riboflavin (vitamin B2), 1, 5 mg vitamin B6, 95 mcg folat, soyaolje, gelatin, geleringsmiddel, emulgator, kakao-powder, sitrusgrape aroma.

Link?