rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Most Brazilian Girls Don't Care About Value

I've been living in Brazil for some months now and watching and dissecting the interactions between Brazilian girls and guys they get with, especially Brazilian guys. It seems like lots of these girls, especially 5-8s, just wait for the first guy who could ramble on for half an hour about anything regardless of any kind of value or body language. Besides for the super-aggressive guys that talk for 1-5 mins then go for the kiss, this is the typical prototype I have seen for a Brazilian hookup. Like it almost doesn't matter what you say, how you say it, or how you dress as long as you keep talking. I get the impression the girls never really learned what to look for, totally contrary to the completely value-seeking American girls. I think this is why you often see busted guys with attractive girls. Anyone else noticed this?

Seems this is happening all across South America.

Hahaha... the fact is... people don't care.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

God I wish I knew portugeuse....or spanish for that matter.

Is there any place in Brazil/Argentina where it's possible to operate in English?

Quote: (07-29-2010 06:21 PM)Larry33 Wrote:  

Is there any place in Brazil/Argentina where it's possible to operate in English?

Yes knowing Portuguese is huge for picking up women in Brazil, unless you are a really good looking guy with natural game, that has the non-verbal communication thing mastered. In 3 1/2 weeks in Brazil I only pulled one Brazilian women and she spoke excellent English, so that is how we were able to connect. Although I have to admit, that not speaking good Portuguese was like a psychological barrier for me that kind of held me back from doing more approaches.

According to Roosh lot's of girls in Rio speak English, but I didn't quite notice it to be that way from my experience. The girls in Rio that do speak decent English tend to hang out at the Gringo bars such as Emporio and Shannanigans, but at these bars you will have to compete with lot's of other gringos for the same girls. I do think that you may have luck at bars that have a lot of Rio's college crowd, I never made it to them, but I hear Rio Scenarium and a few in Botafago are good. The girl I banged was from Sao Paulo and most of the people I met from Sao Paulo spoke pretty good English, especially compared to people from every where is in Brazil, so if you are looking to find a city where there are hot women who speak English, Sao Paulo will probably be your best bet, but from all I've heard/read about it, it doesn't sound like the most beautiful or interesting city, aside from diversity and nightlife.

Quote: (07-29-2010 06:39 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

According to Roosh lot's of girls in Rio speak English, but I didn't quite notice it to be that way from my experience. The girls in Rio that do speak decent English tend to hang out at the Gringo bars such as Emporio and Shannanigans, but at these bars you will have to compete with lot's of other gringos for the same girls. I do think that you may have luck at bars that have a lot of Rio's college crowd, I never made it to them, but I hear Rio Scenarium and a few in Botafago are good. The girl I banged was from Sao Paulo and most of the people I met from Sao Paulo spoke pretty good English, especially compared to people from every where is in Brazil, so if you are looking to find a city where there are hot women who speak English, Sao Paulo will probably be your best bet, but from all I've heard/read about it, it doesn't sound like the most beautiful or interesting city, aside from diversity and nightlife.

Yeah, I found the same thing. Very few English speakers in Brazil in general. The only ones that spoke English seemed to be the rich Brazilians who have studied and lived abroad. And maybe some of the ones hanging at Emporio. Not speaking Portuguese caused me to miss a bus as well as a plane.

Buenos Aires

Everyone speaks English there

Everyone

1. Girls are probably selecting based on look. She allows him to keep talking because she's interested for a reason that you're not picking up on.

2. You don't know where those hookups go, and if sex happens or not.

Quote: (07-30-2010 01:23 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

1. Girls are probably selecting based on look. She allows him to keep talking because she's interested for a reason that you're not picking up on.

2. You don't know where those hookups go, and if sex happens or not.

I've watched a lot of these pickups and lots of the guys look like shit. It's true I don't know for sure if they bang or not and I think most of the time they don't, but I'm just going from who I see girls making out with and talking extensively with, taking the assumption that some percentage of those guys the girls kiss end up fucking them.

I speak more or less fluent Portuguese and have pulled girls who didn't speak English but I think Roosh's post about what types of Brazilian girls English/American guys should focus on is spot on. I always focus on girls who speak English. Unless it is a really good opportunity like little potential for cockblocks or I have a wing double-teaming a 2 set with me, I will usually move on from a girl who doesn't speak any English if there are other sets to open. I think dealing with the shit tests, logistical problems, amogs, and staying sharp on the tongue are much easier with girls who speak English. The difference in the frame when she is working to speak your language versus you speaking hers makes a difference. On top of that, it is much easier to talk on the phone and in loud clubs.

Quote: (07-30-2010 01:07 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Buenos Aires

Everyone

Good to know. What about Cordoba?

Though I do agree that it can be hard to determine what Brazilian girls go for. A lot of guys don't want to admit that a large percentage of them would never consider going out with a foreigner, especially as you go up the socioeconomic scale.

Quote: (07-30-2010 03:35 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Though I do agree that it can be hard to determine what Brazilian girls go for. A lot of guys don't want to admit that a large percentage of them would never consider going out with a foreigner, especially as you go up the socioeconomic scale.

That's true. Sometimes I try to explain this to friends who say it is easier for gringoes. My friend who has lived here for a long time always tells me this and that whenever he sees a 10, it is always with a Brazilian guy. There is a stigma attached because of the prevalence of sex tourism and some sort of national pride thing.

That's true to some extent Roosh, but let me add to what you wrote:
A large % of the girls from the higher classes would not be caught dead with the typical 1 or 2 weeker tourist or the dirty smelly cheap backpacker. And why should they? They have a horde of very well of cool Brasileiros that are lining up for their attention. However, if a foreigner speaks the lingo, is young, is familiar with the culture, is not passing by like a comet and is well dressed and well behaved and has a nice social circle of friends (ie social proof and status as status is THE shit in Brasil), and is a gentleman and the guy is not a jew (ie a cheap charly), then watch as tons of opportunities with the girls that are truly worth going after, the ones that already have their shit together and have no incentives hooking up with a foreigner for financial benefits (ie the so called Maria Passaportes or the Maria Interesseiras), will be presented to you. They will come to you and/or will make their interest in you very clear or when you do approach them in a nice and gentlemanesque way, they will be glad you approached them. In all my trips, I have had no problem at all getting it on with girls of the higher classes while all our interactions were strictly in portuguese. So there is a major difference in what type of gringos we're talking in here when it comes to girls from the top of the food chain in Brasil. I'm sure Chocolatinha can attest to that and or share her views on that.

V.P. what's with the cheesy links bro? Are you one of those time share salesmen that nags the hell out of middle aged white people till they finally cave and buy what you're selling?

Quote: (07-31-2010 01:23 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

That's true to some extent Roosh, but let me add to what you wrote:
A large % of the girls from the higher classes would not be caught dead with the typical 1 or 2 weeker tourist or the dirty smelly cheap backpacker. And why should they? They have a horde of very well of cool Brasileiros that are lining up for their attention. However, if a foreigner speaks the lingo, is young, is familiar with the culture, is not passing by like a comet and is well dressed and well behaved and has a nice social circle of friends (ie social proof and status as status is THE shit in Brasil), and is a gentleman and the guy is not a jew (ie a cheap charly), then watch as tons of opportunities with the girls that are truly worth going after, the ones that already have their shit together and have no incentives hooking up with a foreigner for financial benefits (ie the so called Maria Passaportes or the Maria Interesseiras), will be presented to you. They will come to you and/or will make their interest in you very clear or when you do approach them in a nice and gentlemanesque way, they will be glad you approached them. In all my trips, I have had no problem at all getting it on with girls of the higher classes while all our interactions were strictly in portuguese. So there is a major difference in what type of gringos we're talking in here when it comes to girls from the top of the food chain in Brasil. I'm sure Chocolatinha can attest to that and or share her views on that.

He is right. B girls care about value, but their value are different than yours. I said before that people don't care, but the fact is they don't care about what you are, but what you are offering.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote: (07-31-2010 05:29 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

V.P. what's with the cheesy links bro? Are you one of those time share salesmen that nags the hell out of middle aged white people till they finally cave and buy what you're selling?

Absolutely not, I'm not a timeshare salesman. I've covered in details what this is about in the Money section of this forum. And you're right, I will remove my links from my signature as I'm not in here to promote my biz but rather to learn about the various "playgrounds" all over the world. [Image: banana.gif]

Vp your post is solid but we should lose stereotypical talk re: jew comment

Quote: (07-30-2010 12:45 PM)Larry33 Wrote:  

Buenos Aires

Everyone

Cordoba too.

Quote: (01-20-2011 03:56 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (07-30-2010 12:45 PM)Larry33 Wrote:  

Buenos Aires

Everyone

Cordoba too.

Uhh... this is sarcastic, right? Because I've been to Argentina twice over the last three years and lived there for 4+ months in total and "everyone speaks English" is straight-up not accurate.

My extensive experience going out in BA (probably cold approached 250-300 Argentinian girls total in my life) was that of some of the girls speak some English. Maybe 50% will be able to speak broken English to you, if that. Very few will be conversational. Most cab drivers, bouncers, bartenders, shopkeepers, etc. speak absolutely no English. Many, MANY girls in BA will blow you out on the spot if you don't speak Spanish well. It's the unfortunate truth. Unless you speak Spanish well, you'll be very limited, and you will be blown out constantly. I don't know if you'll be as limited as you would be in Brazil w/o Portuguese, but you'll be limited for sure.

Quote: (01-20-2011 05:19 AM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

Uhh... this is sarcastic, right? Because I've been to Argentina twice over the last three years and lived there for 4+ months in total and "everyone speaks English" is straight-up not accurate.

My extensive experience going out in BA (probably cold approached 250-300 Argentinian girls total in my life) was that of some of the girls speak some English. Maybe 50% will be able to speak broken English to you, if that. Very few will be conversational. Most cab drivers, bouncers, bartenders, shopkeepers, etc. speak absolutely no English. Many, MANY girls in BA will blow you out on the spot if you don't speak Spanish well. It's the unfortunate truth. Unless you speak Spanish well, you'll be very limited, and you will be blown out constantly. I don't know if you'll be as limited as you would be in Brazil w/o Portuguese, but you'll be limited for sure.

Wrong.

I lived in BA for 8 months and never met an Argie that did not speak English.

Not one.

You got blown out because either

1) Your approach sucked and they used not speaking English as an excuse (when in fact they did speak English) or

2) They were tourists from another S.American country or

3) Because they did like the fact that you were not trying to speak their language in their country.

Argies have an inferiority complex and their fragile egos do not sit well will such behaviour.

I speak Spanish so I never had this issue. I mostly approached in Spanish and we just switched to English when I could see that they were comfortable.

Of course a lot of Argies in BA speak English. But def not ALL... A rough estimate based would be 60%-70% speak or have some knowledge of English. And like a poster above said, there are many who speak zero English.

Brazilian girls are just amazing. The deminor, warmth, and femininity of the average Brazilian girl is hard to even explain, it's just something you feel when you talk to them. When I see a Brazilian girl 6 (I Normally would hesitate to approach a 6) or above I don't hesitate to approach unless she's with a guy that looks like her boyfriend. No joke, when I meet one, even if she's a 6 it seems like she's an 8 to me. Last night a very attractive (7 1/2 before she even gets the extra 2 points for being Brazilian) Brazilian girl came into my work and asked to use the bathroom. My collegue pointed her in the direction of the bathroom. When she came out of the bathroom, I stopped her, and we had this conversation:

Me: Are you Brazilian?

Her: (She looked shocked and took a couple seconds to answer) How did you know?

Me: Your accent, where are you from in Brazil? (These days I can tell when someone is brazilian usually by apearance alone, but if not, definitely by their English accent. It's funny how at the hotel I work at I'll hear a brazilian have trouble speaking english with me and without even asking if they are Brazilian I'll start speaking in Portuguese)

Her: Goais, have you been to Brazil?

Yeah, I spent 6 months there

So you speak portuguese?

(Now the conversation goes into Portuguese)

Me: Yes, I speak a little bit

Her: Haha, your accent is very cute.

I show her this little "good luck" band I have on that a Brazilian guest had given me that night. You are supposed to tie 3 knots in it and make a wish for every knot. When the band falls off, your wishes come true.

Me: Have you seen this before?

Her: Yes, I had one

Did your wishes come true?

Yes, but I can't remember what I wished, sometimes they don't fall off.

I go on to ask her what she's doing later on, she says she doesn't know becase she's living in Orlando and doesn't know what there is to do in Miami. I'm just about to ask her to come hang out with me after when my collegue hands me the phone, "Someone's on the phone for you, I think it was the guy you were supposed to send the fax for." FUCK!!!! I look at her and say, "Just a minute." As I'm answering the phone, she starts walking away and says, "Tchau ______, prazer em conhece-lo" ("Bye, nice to meet you!" I didn't even tell her my name, she was interested enough to find it out by looking at my name tag). So bummed. It hasn't been as easy as I had thought to meet Brazilian girls here in Miami, it was much easier in Colorado. I was 100% positive she was into me. She was shy/nervious and when I would ask her what she was doing I could see it in her eyes she wanted me to invite her out. I asked her when she would come back to miami and she told me as soon as she gets another day off. But, that's how the game works. I should have gotten her number before I even answered the call, but it all just happened so fast.

AAhh Brazil...I'll be coming back this June/July for some memories and "Ganghi Bangi's" on the beach as the Brazilian girls say. [Image: smile.gif]

Mixx

InternationPlayboy,

Classic story.

Working in the service industry really cuts both ways doesn't it?

It shall give and it shall take away.

Learn the lesson. And if I were you, I would have a stern talk with your colleague and teach him about pens, paper and writing down messages.

Then the next time he does that, you can wack him with the telephone or hit him over the head with the fax machine with full justification.

(Side note: I never did very well in the service industry as young pup, so you might not want to take my advice).

Quote:Quote:

Wrong.

I lived in BA for 8 months and never met an Argie that did not speak English.

I side with entropy here 100%. Unless you met two people during those 8 months, your experience is simply not the reality. You said you meet girls from couchsurfing... girls there would most likely speak english.