rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Allowed myself to get roped into a relationship... looking at the bright side

The timing was right - this girl played me right, she's young and sexy. The thing is, I already feel trapped and we've only been "exclusive" for a week. But I think I'm going to roll with it for a few reasons:

A) It will make me appreciate and treasure my independence again. I had been single for 18 months and had the best run of my life. I have fucked 15 different girls so far this year - as young as 22 (I'm 34) and I did all sorts of things I haven't really done much of before... sex in public, cumming in a girl's mouth without warning her and then making her swallow, having a bitch squirt repeatedly, sex in an underground parking garage, sex on the roof of my building, etc. etc. Was awesome but I was getting burned out. I loved doing what I wanted whenever the fuck I wanted. I will miss that and it will make me treasure it so much more in 5 months or so and I become single again.

B) I need to take advantage of "girlfriend stuff", which I haven't had in 18 months. Trying restaurants, going to artsy movies (can't really do that with the guy friends), going sightseeing, updating my wardrobe. I'd like to go on a vacation this summer. One where I have a GF to fuck every night in a 4.5 star hotel abroad and see sights with and the like. Has been 3 years since I was in Europe.

C) It will allow me to focus on work and finding a more lucrative job as well. I haven't been focusing on my job or career nearly as much as I should be, and I 'd like to be in a new city (targeting Minneapolis and Chicago) within 10 months making 25% more money.

D) Was far too dependent on Match.com. Had to get off as that's where she and I met. It was becoming a crutch for me and this will force me to day game. I still live downtown - she lives in the burbs. I will now have the motivation to interact with real women as opposed to relying on my exceptional Match.com profile to meet women. Day game is powerful and exciting and important to develop, and I'm perfectly situated. I keep letting opportunities pass me by because I've constantly had a full pipeline from Match. No longer. This is perhaps what I'm most excited about.

OH - should have clarified - I wanted to ask if you guys think this makes sense / is rational thought or am I being delusional and there's really no reason to "sacrifice" my happiness or "trade" my bachelorhood for comfort/vacation/movies/restaurants even for a brief period.

Has anybody else "recharged" their single-lifestyle batteries with a comfortable relationship? I was seriously getting burned out.

I think your subject title is misleading. You didn't get "roped" in, you put in the effort required to start a relationship with a great woman. No need for the negative part.

There are lots of great women out there, and getting into a relationship with one of them is something to enjoy. It keeps you positive and, as you already outlined, productive in other areas.

You mentioned that you have been "exclusive" for a week. Putting things in boxes when it comes to women and relationships is risky. We all know women think they want these defined boundaries, but I for one would never allow a relationship to be defined.

Enjoy the relationship for what is. Keep it simple. I don't think you need to hear it but do not get lazy. Continue to play the game, work on your career, enjoy the cultural aspects of life. Stay sharp and uncompromising in this. Often at the start of a relationship a woman will make it very easy to spend time "just being together". Its at this stage that you have to be careful as its when the chances of laziness are highest.

Your happiness is whatever is making you happy. If tue relationship is doing that, then go for it. Don't ditch out just because a bunch of dudes on the Internet might consider it beta.

One possibility, and maybe it's too late for this, is to tell her up front that you're not willing to be exclusive. Sooner or later you'll have to make a choice, but it could buy you a few months of the best of both worlds.

It really comes down to what makes YOU happy. I know Tuthmosis has mentioned in previous posts that it's always good for even the most hardened players to temporarily park their game, recharge their batteries in a relationship and take a needed break. The bottom line is if you're happy, getting your needs met and enjoy the company of this woman who cares what anyone else thinks?

Nothing wrong with it and congrats for finding a chick who you're happy with for the moment. My advice:

-Keep gaming, even if it's just flirting with the checkout girl. Will keep you sharp, remind you of your options and ultimately will help your current relationship stay healthy.

-Don't let her monopolize your life. I've been guilty of this and woke up months later with a big WTF look on my face in the bathroom mirror. Have your goals, your hobbies, your friends, and INCLUDE her but don't make her everything.

-Red flags: see one, be cautious, see two, start the escape, see three and kick her to the curb. Don't fall into the trap of thinking 'Well, I've invested X amount of time and energy into her and I don't want to just lose it'.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Btw Chicago is a great city. I'm from there and my brother lives in Minneapolis. Chitown blows it out of the water so if possible, target Chicago. You'll have a blast.