rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are your summer plans for traveling?

I figure a lot of people will be taking vacation this summer. Whether that is a couple weeks or a month, I have no idea.

But I figured it would be good to get a thread going so we could all keep track of where we will be in case any of us wanted to meet up.

I personally can take between 2 weeks to a month off and have been thinking of the following destinations:

Tel Aviv:

[Image: 3458.bmp]

Brazil:

[Image: beach1.jpg]

Russia: Sochi or Moscow

[Image: Cosmo_Bikini_26.jpg]

I am actually open to suggestions for any location as I have nothing planned yet.

I think it would be sweet to organize something with members on here.

Me and a mate are going to try Iceland out in August I think.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

I really don't see how people take all this time off unless they're students or self-employed. I know it's a European thing to take a lot off in the summer, but for Americans what's going on here?

In my four years of working I've never taken a full week off except twice over Christmas (most acceptable time to do so).

In my industry, two full weeks is hard to swing, a month off and you won't be welcomed back.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (05-21-2013 09:26 AM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

I really don't see how people take all this time off unless they're students or self-employed. I know it's a European thing to take a lot off in the summer, but for Americans what's going on here?

In my four years of working I've never taken a full week off except twice over Christmas (most acceptable time to do so).

In my industry, two full weeks is hard to swing, a month off and you won't be welcomed back.

It's funny actually. I was taking almost 0 vacation days back in the states. Now in Europe I have 6 weeks paid and can take unpaid leave if/when necessary.

Quote: (05-21-2013 09:22 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

I've heard iceland is sick in the summer. How long are you thinking of going for. I would definitely be down to try that place out.

That is the downside of America, in Europe they start with a month off and some places they get six weeks off.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (05-21-2013 10:27 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

That is the downside of America, in Europe they start with a month off and some places they get six weeks off.

Yet if you ever bring this up with anyone here it'll turn into a discussion about Europe's economic woes..."but but that's why they are in such economic trouble! they are lazy and take off all summer and expect to retire at 50! our 12 hour days an no vacation result in a MUCH better life here!" [Image: tard.gif]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

Remember Brazil is southern hemisphere, so the seasons are opposite.

I prefer Brazil as a winter break. Any time between December and Carnaval is summer time over there and very festive.

Quote: (05-21-2013 11:20 AM)Tigre Wrote:  

Remember Brazil is southern hemisphere, so the seasons are opposite.

You are right of course, but also June/Oct are the best months (dry season) in north Brasil (Belem, Manaus, ect). As a side note, it's also the most dry months in Planalto Central (Goias, Tocantins and parts of Mato Grosso).

BTW talking about north Brasil, there is an enjoyable beach scene at Mosqueiro island (70 km from Belem). It's for Belenenses what Litoral Norte is for Paulistas, i.e a good combination of natural beauty and party scene. During the dry season, and especially during July vacations, it fills up every weekends with all sort of girls, from favelada to middle and upper class, who are all there to party their ass off.

Quote: (05-21-2013 10:39 AM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Yet if you ever bring this up with anyone here it'll turn into a discussion about Europe's economic woes..."but but that's why they are in such economic trouble! they are lazy and take off all summer and expect to retire at 50! our 12 hour days an no vacation result in a MUCH better life here!" [Image: tard.gif]

It's not just Europe, but 138 nations around the world mandate vacations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sta...by_country

Bill Maher had a good "New Rule" on vacation days.

Americans are "productive" because they work scared. Lots of Americans don't even take the full amount of time they're allowed off because they're afraid their jobs won't be there when they get back.

It's a strong reason why Americans are so isolated from the rest of the world and don't travel anywhere far and exotic. Even if you go to Yosemite or the Grand Canyon, all you see are Germans because Americans are all at work. It's no wonder why American men don't have higher expectations of their women when they've never experienced being up to their necks with hot, friendly chicks.

"Even tiny, impoverished, war-torn Sri Lanka guarantees 28 paid vacation days. Don't Americans deserve a shot at the Sri Lankan dream?"

Quote: (05-21-2013 09:34 AM)gandt Wrote:  

Quote: (05-21-2013 09:22 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

I've heard iceland is sick in the summer. How long are you thinking of going for. I would definitely be down to try that place out.

Probably just a week. I'm also going travelling around all of Europe in January 2014, for as long as possible, working bar jobs etc when I run out of money.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (05-21-2013 12:24 PM)Atilla Wrote:  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sta...by_country

I posted this quote on my FB and said to find the outlier.

No "likes" or responses so far...and I tend to get a good bit of response from anything I say or post because it's usually a cold hard fact or observation.

Looks like everyone's too busy working and drinking the Kool-Aid to face this unsavory truth. Or maybe they're just playing farmville and can't be bothered.

I'm going to Iceland on Monday. That's my only big travel plans. Will be spending 2.5 weeks over there.

I can take time off because I'm self employed. I work from my computer, so I'll probably just end up working a lot while I'm away.

Spending most of July in Brazil...Rio, Sao Paulo, Foz.

Quote: (05-23-2013 01:30 AM)Capitán Peligroso Wrote:  

Spending most of July in Brazil...Rio, Sao Paulo, Foz.

July is the coldest month of the year in a great part of Brasil, and Southeast (Rio, SP, Minas, ect) can be pretty cold. Expect some 10/12°C (50°F) at night, and sometimes even colder. last time I was in SP in July, I've been freezing my ass off. In the South, you may even see snow.

Not going to Brazil for the weather, but at any rate it will be an improvement over what I'd have if I stayed in my neck of the woods (south central, hot humid US) where the weather is already shitty.

Montreal

New York

Paraguay

i'll probably go to Vegas 2-3 times this summer. some weekend road trips to SD, palm springs, and SF...but that's about it.

Thought I was moving to Brazil but that has been delayed until November/December.

I do however have Belo Horizonte, Curitiba, Atlanta & NYC for work, and DC (see a friend...not for the chicks).

Its Santo Domingo, DR for me. Ive been looking at clubs pics from Club Makumba and those big booty chicas are going to get it.

I'll stay in Paris, which is great in summer - many, but really many russian women spend a few days here before heading to Riviera or Chateaux de la Loire or wherever they might want to go in France. Already four russian GFs coming here for sure, tickets already booked (I could have invited more, but I don't want to overschedule). Plus a few breaks in Calvi - Corsica, my birthplace.

In September, three weeks somewhere in FSU (maybe Minsk or a second-tier ukrainian city), as it is the best period, girls come back all suntanned and horny from vacations and want to live to the fullest the last good weeks before a long and dull winter.

I'm headed for Zagreb for two months this summer because of some quality pipelining. (What's "quality?" Lot's of email and photo sharing, that's what!) Coastal Istria is likely on-tap for beach time (it used to be part of Italy - they lost it after WWII).

If that doesn't pan out, after a good local look-see, I may head to the Greek Islands after visiting Budapest. Par-tay?

(Poland? Summer for young 20ish things everyone says nix that. But for mid-20s and 30ish women....anyone know?)

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (05-24-2013 10:26 AM)QuanumPimpin Wrote:  

Its Santo Domingo, DR for me. Ive been looking at clubs pics from Club Makumba and those big booty chicas are going to get it.

Link please!

I'll be in Montreal mid September and Montevideo/BA in early Oct

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Potential:

Moscow --> Montreal