rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favorite female singers

Favorite female singers

I've always been a fan of the aesthetic of female voices.
Broadly speaking the music made by females is banal, but there is some gold to be found in there.

My all time favorite would have to be Fiona Apple. Amazing all around. Wall victim now, but I can almost forgive it. I remember being totally blown away when she first came out and she has improved since.

Her latest album is devastatingly beautiful

This old cover of Across the Universe is amazing.

Others I like: Feist, Regina Spektor, Cat Power

Favorite female singers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rITqN5wPwE

Favorite female singers

Karen O. Yeah yeah yeahs. They are one of the best all around rock groups playing these days.

Favorite female singers

Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine is incredibly gifted. I checked her at Radio City last year and was blown away.

Amy Winehouse has an amazing, classic voice as well. Regina Spektor is cool and pretty funky.

Favorite female singers

Can't beat Whitney Houston:

Also really like Minnie Ripperton as well. I first came across her music on one of my favourite TV comedy series:

Favorite female singers

Chaka Khan
Kate Bush
Laura Branigan

Favorite female singers

I really like Astrud Gilberto as well:

Of the modern singers. I love this song by Madeleine Peyroux:

And this is my favourite House track of the past ten years. Great female vocals:

And then there is Yukimi Nagano who has made tons of great songs. She is the most highly regarded female vocalist in modern electronica/house music:

Favorite female singers

Favorite female singers

I have many:
1. Ninel Conde (Mexico)
2. Gokce (Turkey)
3. Eylem (Turley)
4. Hadise (Turkey)
5. Demet Akalin (Turkey)
6. Dashni Murad (Iraq)
7. Carole Samaha (Lebanon)
8. Chopy Fatah (Iraq)
9. Haifa Wehbe (Lebanon)
10.Sebnem Ferah (Turkey)

Favorite female singers

Favorite female singers

Favorite female singers

Natalie Merchant, Enya

Favorite female singers

I must be really old, Joni MItchell is God and the person I bring up when debating whether there are women geniuses.

As an aside, Enya was so dedicated to music she ended up not having kids, same with Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac, who sounded like she regretted it in an interview I read.

Joni had a kid in her teens, gave her up for adoption (maybe knew she was destined for more important things) and then was reunited with her child after decades.
The great masterpiece "Blue" is named after what she called her child. It was released 1971 when she was 27. "In January 2000, the New York Times chose Blue as one of the 25 albums that represented "turning points and pinnacles in 20th-century popular music". "

Aretha Franklin , and Nina Simone, who was a trained opera singer but had a wildly expressive style of singing which sort of sounded like intentional out-of-tuneness.

There were also many great Big-Band singers before present readers' times, when there were no retakes-- she was out in front of a whole band live to disk.
Helen Forrest?

Sarah McLoughlin! Married her drummer... you can guess how that turned out...And they got divorced after she hit the wall, tragic for her. She was open about being devastated.

Favorite female singers

[Image: 6a00d8341c387d53ef015435bddad0970c-800wi]
Just kidding

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Favorite female singers

I love 3 of Joni Mitchell's songs. Never really imagined her to be a genius - alhtough strangely my dad thinks she is.

The songs by her I like are Carey, All I Want and Borderline. Big Yellow Taxi is a fun one as well.

Of the three songs I mentioned by Joni Mitchell. I remember thinking the version I had on YouTube is better than the one on the actual album. But can't remember which one of the songs it is now though.

I like this Joan Armatrading song as well:

Favorite female singers

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Favorite female singers

Quote: (05-19-2013 07:46 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

I must be really old, Joni MItchell is God and the person I bring up when debating whether there are women geniuses.

As an aside, Enya was so dedicated to music she ended up not having kids, same with Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac, who sounded like she regretted it in an interview I read.

Sarah McLoughlin! Married her drummer... you can guess how that turned out...And they got divorced after she hit the wall, tragic for her. She was open about being devastated.

Interesting. I kind of have sympathy for these women throwing their lives away because art is not the same thing as your typical cubicle job. It's a whole different world.
If I was a woman with that level of talent I probably wouldn't end up having kids, especially if part of my creativity came from mental illness. Fiona Apple seems like that kind of woman and she has openly talked about never having kids because she thinks she is too fucked in the head for it.

Favorite female singers

Dusty Springfield is up there with the best of them. That hint of a smoky voice plus her vocalization makes listening to her songs a sublime experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjydOI4MEIw

Favorite female singers

Quote: (05-19-2013 07:51 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

[Image: 6a00d8341c387d53ef015435bddad0970c-800wi]
Just kidding

She's actually quite pleasant looking without all that makeup caked on.. I still don't like her music though....

[Image: attachment.jpg12205]   

Favorite female singers

Quote: (05-19-2013 08:21 PM)Vronsky Wrote:  

Dusty Springfield is up there with the best of them. That hint of a smoky voice plus her vocalization makes listening to her songs a sublime experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjydOI4MEIw

She's great. I was also surprised to find out she was white. Same with Adele, in my head she was always black until I saw a picture.

Favorite female singers

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

Favorite female singers

Whoever the girl in this song is, is amazing. Any ideas anyone? Probably the same girl that is singing back up on all of Dark Side of the Moon.

Favorite female singers

Fucked up creative female artists were mentioned above.

It is interesting. A fucked up female will not have kids and devote herself to her 'muse'.

Whereas a fucked up male will knock up a bitch - and maybe or maybe not hang around. Whilst still devoting all his time to his 'muse'.

The point is this. It is much easier for fucked up male geniuses to pass on their genes to the next generation than it is for women. Which is why there are so many more talented men than women.

It is also why their are more retarded men than women as well - since both types of crazy (the good and the bad) get kept in the gene pool.

http://edge.org/response-detail/10670

Favorite female singers

I don't really think that has anything to do with why men are more talented than women.

Favorite female singers

Quote: (05-19-2013 08:30 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Fucked up creative female artists were mentioned above.

It is interesting. A fucked up female will not have kids and devote herself to her 'muse'.

Whereas a fucked up male will knock up a bitch - and maybe or maybe not hang around. Whilst still devoting all his time to his 'muse'.

The point is this. It is much easier for fucked up male geniuses to pass on their genes to the next generation than it is for women. Which is why there are so many more talented men than women.

It is also why their are more retarded men than women as well - since both types of crazy (the good and the bad) get kept in the gene pool.

http://edge.org/response-detail/10670
Women don't have the incentive to make art, don't see the world in the same way men do, and have different genetics.
A man can start learning the guitar to impress a woman and then get obsessed with it as a hobby, partly to become master at it, and partly because it's fun and interesting. Women never make the first step because they don't have to.
Genuinely creative women probably have it in the genes combined with mental illness. That means it's kind of a handicap that they'll always get pulled away from a simple kind of life into the mad world of art. It's a risk, and women are risk averse. Also they will not get any kind of alpha status for it so it's not an easy life. Now that Fiona Apple is 35 no one wants to bang her and she only has a die-hard following for her music. Her next album is guaranteed to be 10x more depressing and beautiful.