rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Of Roosh Volume 1 Reviews

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2013/05/15/...-volume-1/

90 Essays from a Black Knight: A Review of The Best of Roosh, Volume 1
by Featured Guest on May 15, 2013

By The Theorist

Why Washington, D.C. produced three of the greatest game theorists in the English-speaking world is something of a mystery. Certainly the US capital has more than its fair share of crime, corruption, and careerist women. Rocky soil may make for hardy plants. Then again, there are no game bloggers of note hailing from the Bakken oilfields. Though establishing a conclusive explanation may be impossible, it is, however, an undeniable fact that out of the primordial slime of the DC dating scene came three lions of the manosphere: Virgle Kent, Roissy, and Roosh Vorek.

Roissy is the heart of the manosphere. VK is one of its funniest storytellers. But Roosh Vorek is the man who wrote Bang, a book released six years ago that still occupies the upper rungs of its Amazon category, ahead of the Karma Sutra. Roosh is the guy who quit his job, ground his way through South America, barnstormed his way through Europe, and incited the hatred of right-“thinking” people on three continents. His plain, matte-black, self-published pickup tomes are lying around male dorm rooms across America. Like him or not, he is the public face of game 2.0.

From 2006-2013, Roosh wrote 1,793 blog posts, most of them around 500 words each. That’s 900,000 words, or around eleven standard-length novels. He’s distilled that down to a single collection: The Best of Roosh: Vol 1. It’s a comprehensive look inside the head of Roosh, and by proxy, the minds of the first generation of men to come of age in the context of a mature manosphere.

The collection covers 10 topics: Pre-Game, Approaching, Game, Dating, Sex, Life, America, Culture, Travel, and the author himself. But this is not a book about game per se. It’s a book about how and why one man developed his own code for navigating the mendacity and misandry of the male role in today’s declining West.

There’s a sense of rage and loss in Roosh’s writing; a kind of social irredentism. Western Man built a civilization which provides more prosperity for more human beings than any method of social organization in the history of the world, but now that man is derided as “boring,” “colorless,” his achievements meaningless in an age where the highest ability a man can possess is the ability to entertain others. The most important commodity in the world, sexual access, is now governed solely by the societally-irrelevant capacity for clever wordplay. It’s clear from the text that much of Roosh’s disillusionment stems from this simple fact.

To read Roosh’s essays can be depressing. The man is a realist. There is no masculinized version of “having it all.” The men who can live in the public eye and receive society’s respect while exercising their sexuality are limited to a tiny proportion of apex alpha males: sports stars, actors, comedians, artists. Roosh does not pretend to offer that. To even have a coin-flip chance of achieving the bourgeois respectability that was the birthright of our grandfathers involves sacrifice beyond what my generation is willing to bear. Roosh understands this, and regrets it in equal measure. “You did this to me,” he writes. “You are a corrupted and damaged female, and have tried your damnedest to bring me down to your level.”

While I can’t quibble with Roosh’s philosophy, his prose style could use some work. These are blog posts, and though classics like “You Did This To Me,” “Everything I Know About Women,” “What It Feels Like to Be a Hot Girl,” and “I’m Ready to Man Up,” are undeniably worth reading, the blog style wears on you after a while. There isn’t much in the way of humor, either, but that’s okay — I didn’t read it for comedy purposes, or snazzy prose. I read the collection because I wanted to partake in the wisdom of one very cold player indeed.

Ultimately, Roosh, like everyone in the manosphere, is concerned with finding the right path for his own masculine reaction. In another era, Roosh’s enormous productive energy would have been marshaled in the service of something a little more important than getting girls, but alas, our age is our age, and the behavior of women and their minions shows no sign of changing. Perhaps the finest essay in the collection, “What is Your Project,” gets at the heart of the fundamental question of manhood. A French-Venezuelan rancher in the Andes Mountains asks Roosh what his project is. Roosh says, “To write a book.” Eighteen months later, he dropped Bang. If the old mission of marriage-family-children is dead, dead, dead, it doesn’t mean there is nothing else for us. Roosh, for all his (justified) anger and his nihilism, is living proof of that.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Cool review.

The compilation will be released Friday, May 24. Ebook will be free.

LOL one of the first comments on the article claims Roosh is a couch. That could a future product you could sell. The couch comes equipped with space for a hamster wheel for the pet hamster you get when you use the pet shop opener.

That's a nice review.

I just read some of the comments. Those guys are a bunch of angry haters. It's fucking pitiful. I see a guy getting pussy and enjoying life I raise a glass and say, "good for you". What a bunch of snarky bitches. I hope they enjoy their high fiving and circle jerking.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Just read You Did This To Me. I had thought Patricia's Smartphone to be Roosh's best piece of writing yet, and to be fair it's probably more advanced in technical terms than You Did This To Me, but You Did This To Me is incisive, cutting, and brutal in a way that few works are.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

I read through the entire thing, some of it I've already read and some of it new. It read very easy and it had some fantastic stuff, that I nearly felt I should have printed out on a paper and taped to my mirror. The amount of advice Roosh gives in the travel aspect helps significantly to the guys who do travel or live abroad like myself.

Quote: (05-15-2013 10:28 PM)vinman Wrote:  

I just read some of the comments. Those guys are a bunch of angry haters. It's fucking pitiful. I see a guy getting pussy and enjoying life I raise a glass and say, "good for you". What a bunch of snarky bitches. I hope they enjoy their high fiving and circle jerking.

The Spearhead's been like this for years. I'm friends with W.F. Price, the owner and operator, and while he's a cool guy, his site inexplicably attracts the lowest of the low in the manosphere. I still contribute to the site every so often, but whenever I read the comments I want to gag.

Just hit 5,000 downloads. [Image: smile.gif]

Not many reviews for this one... probably since it's old stuff.

I have to say I am actually proud of Roosh [Image: smile.gif] He is certainly maturing well, introspective and becoming more moderate and practical in his outlook. While his previous writings were entertaining I didn't always agree with many of his extreme positions. In this revision of his previous writings he is beginning to show greater insight and depth - even a degree of empathy for his fellow man. Highly recommended +1

Really really enjoyed it!
i got a lot from it and thank Roosh for all his wonderful efforts in putting this together. Much respect.

I really hope that this can be used as a means of introducing guys to red-pill thinking. I met up with a friend last week who is kinda on the fence (naturally, he had not previously been exposed) with the red-pill teachings, lifestlye, etc. I got him a copy (thanks for the free download, Roosh) and told him to go through it over the next few weeks, skipping from section to section if he pleases (which is really one of the best parts about the set, you can skip to what applies to you most and don't need to read the posts in the order that they are presented). Less than a week later, he says he has already been taking notes and contemplating lifestlye changes.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

So many of the posts in the collection brought back memories of the first time I read them. Some were posts that I think I missed, but it's a great collection. Definitely a lot of the cream of stuff Roosh has dropped.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."