rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sperm Made from Female Embryo

Sperm cells have been created from a female human embryo in a remarkable breakthrough that suggests it may be possible for lesbian couples to have their own biological children.

British scientists who had already coaxed male bone marrow cells to develop into primitive sperm cells have now repeated the feat with female embryonic stem cells.

The University of Newcastle team that has achieved the feat is now applying for permission to turn the bone marrow of a woman into sperm which, if successful, would make the method more practical than with embryonic cells.

It raises the possibility of lesbian couples one day having children who share both their genes as sperm created from the bone marrow of one woman could be used to fertilise an egg from her partner.

Men and women differ because of what are called sex chromosomes. Both have an X chromosome. But only men possess a Y chromosome that carries several genes thought to be essential to make sperm, so there has been scepticism that female stem cells could ever be used to make sperm.

In April last year, Prof Karim Nayernia, Professor of Stem Cell Biology at Newcastle University, made headlines by taking stem cells from adult men and making them develop into primitive sperm.

He has now managed to repeat the feat of creating the primitive sperm cells with female embryonic stem cells in unpublished work.

The next step is to make these primitive sperm undergo meiosis, so they have the right amount of genetic material for fertilisation.

Prof Nayernia showed the potential of the method in 2006, when he used sperm derived from male embryonic stem cells to fertilise mice to produce seven pups, six of which lived to adulthood, though the survivors did suffer problems.

He is now optimistic about the prospect of lab-grown sperm from women.

“I think, in principle, it will be scientifically possible,” Prof Nayernia told New Scientist.

He said that he has applied for ethical approval from the university to use bone marrow stem cells from women to start experiments to derive female sperm.

“We are now writing the application form,” he said, adding that experiments will begin in Newcastle if and when they get approval.

However, Dr Robin Lovell-Badge, a stem cell and sex determination expert at the National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, doubts it will work: “The presence of two X chromosomes is incompatible with this. Moreover they need genes from the Y chromosome to go through meiosis. So they are at least double-damned.”

In Brazil, a team led by Dr Irina Kerkis of the Butantan Institute in Saõ Paulo claims to have made both sperm and eggs from cultures of male mouse embryonic stem cells in the journal Cloning and Stem Cells.

The researchers have not yet shown that their male eggs can be fertilised to produce viable offspring, but they are thinking about possibilities for same-sex human reproduction.

If all these experiments pan out, then the stage would also be set for a gay man to donate skin cells that could be used to make eggs, which could then be fertilised by his partner’s sperm and placed into the uterus of a surrogate mother.

“I think it is possible,” says Kerkis, “but I don’t know how people will look at this ethically.”

The UK parliament is now debating changes to the 1990 Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act, and the government is under pressure to include an amendment that would allow the future use of eggs and sperm grown in the lab from stem cells.

However, a clause added to this amendment would restrict this to sperm from genetic males and eggs from genetic females.

Gonna be some fucked up kids in the future.

they still have all the proper biological information just as a traditionally made kid. bravo for science

Bravo for science? Really? This will always be more expensive than sex, and will possibly give women even more power over men.

Will they be able to have anything other than a female child? If both parents are XX where are they getting the Y from if they want a male?

Some Sci-Fi ponderings on the destruction of man..

Either by stuff like this, or by Skynet.

Can billions of years of trial and error be simulated in a computer?

Anyone with a sexual preference will be deemed a facist.

Gender will become vestigial.

Maybe they'll make it so that gay guys can have a womb on their thigh or something.

What if a person falls in love with a zebra? Shouldn't government funding be spent enabling them to have kids? Anything less is facism, right?

---------

But seriously, aren't there more important issues to be spending science money on? Helping people in general..

Even for feminists- wouldn't this money better be served helping them find a cure for cancer or something?

Instead, they are out spending that money to make a point. They don't care about anything but their agenda.

Oh god, my masculine chauvnist self is deeply shaken by being made useless for producing children! As Erica Jong once said, my worst fear has come true and now my cock will shrivel and fall off in disgrace!

The horror! The horror! How can I ever sleep soundly knowing that women no longer need me to make babies?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

This crap is far from from science -- this is eugenics and playing god. This is the type of stuff I am not down with as far as research concerned. How about helping natural male and female couples fix their fertility issues first.

Playing god with genetic mis-steps to try and force them to jointly create children.

Test-tube babies which are frequent already with Lesbian couples already present issues. In my line of work a large percentage of the most heavily disabled children with cerebral palsy and other heavy conditions, many had lesbian couples. It became so common I started to try and make note of it.

Quote: (05-14-2013 01:33 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Oh god, my masculine chauvnist self is deeply shaken by being made useless for producing children! As Erica Jong once said, my worst fear has come true and now my cock will shrivel and fall off in disgrace!

The horror! The horror! How can I ever sleep soundly knowing that women no longer need me to make babies?

What other reason would they keep you around then?

On what basis do you perceive your value more then working a job to pay taxes towards a system and consume stuff? You understand the State and system views men as no better then this right? They prefer women as they are easier to control and will still pay taxes and consume with no threat of upheaval and violence.

Our traits of strength and logic can be automated. 75-80% of the workforce could be automated tomorrow. They simply just keep us around for kicks.

Read those lines for the nerds peddling advancements in science. Each breakthrough takes men closer to the brink.

This video is graphic but it details how at a wholesale rate when men have no value they are simply terminated. In this process the sex is determined and if they are male they are simply ground up. These baby chicks are maybe a 3-5 days old max.

Quote: (05-14-2013 12:34 PM)calihunter Wrote:  

they still have all the proper biological information just as a traditionally made kid. bravo for science

Hope you say that when they line you up.

Part of the problem is that the scientists who do this shit are probably playing the old white-knight bet of appeasing women to get in their pants. They might not realize it, but they are selling themselves out.

If game were more widespread, they're wouldn't be so many male feminists.

Really, what's the point of this project and who'd fund it? You'd think feminists would be spending that money on other forms of propaganda.

Most men are already considered disposable in society. This is just more propaganda to make us seem insignificant.

I'm in favor of this. Eventually it should be possible to entirely dispose of traditional sexual reproduction. This is why even though I sympathize with much of what the HBD community argues about dysgenic breeding, in the long run it may not matter. All their concerns about high IQ people or whites disappearing in the face of a demographic onslaught can ultimately be resolved through new biotechnology.

Now, of course, we know such technologies will be placed under strict government regulation, moratoriums, and the like by micromanaging politicians and bureaucrats. Human cloning has already been outlawed. But that's a separate political issue.

I wonder how news like this sits with the really religious conservative anti gay crowd.

In my head I can hear Preachers in Church going off on how two lesbian women creating a child with no male sperm and how this is a clear sign of the apocalypse.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Oh shit, this is horrible! Like kosko already mentioned above this has nothing do with the advancement of science or helping anyone. This is all about total Elite government control over the masses. Look at what they've done already. They destroyed the traditional nuclear family through feminism (created by Elitists as well). They knew strong men with family morals would be difficult to control & influencing their wives, grlfriends, or daughters would prove difficult. Feminism brainwashed them into foolishly thinking they didnt need their men & could be independent. Any man with experience knows an untamed woman is prone to abominable actions. As time passed & feminism grew stronger, homosexuality & a gay family structure was slowly promoted into being accepted. Fast forward to the present day we have homosexual couples using surrogates to make kids. With this new development men are no longer needed. I cant even imagine what the next biological advancement will be.

Quote: (05-14-2013 04:15 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

With this new development men are no longer needed. I cant even imagine what the next biological advancement will be.

Haha. Well, there is the little matter of men being the ones who create and maintain civilization. Men are "unnecessary" only if you view men as livestock. Outside of science fiction, women would not be able to maintain a complex civilization where this sort of science or a eugenics program exists.

In any case, it looks like science has in practice mainly lowered the value of women and will continue to do so. http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-20781.html Without their reproductive function, their differences from men just become deformities and disabilities.

These doomsayers come out with every scientific advancement. If it can eliminate genetic defects, so much the better.

Quote: (05-14-2013 04:30 PM)Lemmo Wrote:  

Quote: (05-14-2013 04:15 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

With this new development men are no longer needed. I cant even imagine what the next biological advancement will be.

Haha. Well, there is the little matter of men being the ones who create and maintain civilization. Men are "unnecessary" only if you view men as livestock. Outside of science fiction, women would not be able to maintain a complex civilization where this sort of science or a eugenics program exists.

In any case, it looks like science has in practice mainly lowered the value of women and will continue to do so. http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-20781.html Without their reproductive function, their differences from men just become deformities and disabilities.

These doomsayers come out with every scientific advancement. If it can eliminate genetic defects, so much the better.

Women are physically inferior to men and processes thinking patterns that are not ideal to advance civilization but nature made them more resilient.

The truth is women liver longer then us, and are less susceptible to many ailments. Nature built them more resilient for the fact they have to bear children.

If shit did hit the fan and humans we're wiped out the last few people around would be women. But with no men around not sure what they would do.

As Soup said ultra Omega men have toiled away creating advance AI systems and technology which simply mimics the logic and thought process of Men. The computer takes over and does all of the hard thinking, the robots take over and do all the hard lifting. All you need after that are people to press buttons and push the papers.

Scientists love creating automatic cockblocks. Not all of them of course but those really weird omega ones all about this type of stuff.

Men face more dangers going forward then women. Don't believe the hype that women are some how destined to fail. They are propped up by the whole system that when if it does decline will attack men first. Plunging birth rates is a sign of both sexes in decline, that means less boys are being born just as females.

I think this is also why we haven't had any "official" scientific studies that actually take up game.

We see little bits of game being confirmed here and there, but no great push to prove that it works by the scientific community (none that I've seen). Of course, we all know that it works, but nobody wants to put the mirror up to mommy and show her that she's a monster or animal driven mad by the contradictory forces of nature vs. society.

On the one hand her body tells her do something, and then her mind and society tells her to do another thing. It's in this cauldron that we the mutant hamster that we know has come to be.

Genetics are more complicated and subtle then anyone knows. These science tards think they have genes all figured out then some new discovery will make them realize they didn't know nearly as much as they thought. I'm not convinced this will ever work for making a viable embryo much less a kid. Genes from dad do different things then the identical gene from mom and they haven't figured out how. Yeah maybe they will destroy humans with this meddlimg someday, but men will mever be replaced, outlawed maybe, but never replaced. After all they'd still need men to build the prisons...

Quote: (05-14-2013 05:31 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Men face more dangers going forward then women. Don't believe the hype that women are some how destined to fail. They are propped up by the whole system...

A system, it must be noted, that has been conceived, built, maintained and perpetuated by men and will only persist with the effort (willing or otherwise) of men.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (05-14-2013 07:52 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Quote: (05-14-2013 05:31 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Men face more dangers going forward then women. Don't believe the hype that women are some how destined to fail. They are propped up by the whole system...

A system, it must be noted, that has been conceived, built, maintained and perpetuated by men and will only persist with the effort (willing or otherwise) of men.

Unless those men were replaced by robots built by said men.
Unless said robots were able to fix themselves and said men who knew the off switch were already rotting in prisons and said robots took over.

Kidding. sorta.

absolutely, that's something PC masses ignore. All the equality BS and PC crap ignores that men were the ones that built the civilization we see today.

I'm not too worried about developments like this making men obsolete, for the above mentioned reasons and also because much of our behavior is still dictated by psychology that evolved in a tribal condition. We are really nothing more than cavemen living in glittering glass cities filled with magic.

Think of it this way: Just because we created birth control it doesn't mean that everyone stopped wanting to fuck. Although the evolutionary end result for why we like sex so much has been completely co-opted, we still have the wiring to want to fuck and do so.

Will there be unforeseen social consequences if this becomes a readily available technology? Sure. But it's also worth noting that if we can do it one way then the process is probably reversible: Turning sperm into eggs.

Couple that with artificial wombs and lab grown organs or the sex bots that Roissy likes to go on about and you really make women completely obsolete from a functional standpoint. You need men to run the world, and while a handful of women can do what men do, we all know the majority of them are only valuable as objects of sexual affection and for breeding.

So who really needs whom?

Man, if this is the future I'm glad I'll be dead within the next 50 or so years.

The Hermaphroditic Agenda made public work.

I saw a BBC documentary and all major genetists agreed that this will be the future, sexual reproduction will slowly decrease and healthier cloned more intelligent human being will replace the management class, in the beginning clonation will be very expensive so only rich people will be able to afford it ... it is scary even if my country one couple in 4 is infertile and has to use already some kind of in vitro fertilisation...

even 2012 medicine noble prize seconded that
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scien...years.html

china is already ahead of all the nations..

http://io9.com/is-china-selectively-bree...-455634018

I do not have the education to fully undestand whether all this is really possible from a biochemical point of view but all big brains in the world seem to agree.. so there won't be much activity on this forum in 50 years ..[Image: angel.gif]

I wonder how much fine tuning that they will be able to do.

Will they be able to weed out genetic threads more masculinity and or testosterone?

Without sex, what will make life worth living? Everyone will be on some kind of narcotic.

I predict that cyborgs/computers are going to take over first.

Here are the threats:

Skynet/Singularity vs. Androgynous Clones vs. Aliens?

In the future, anything trait that is deemed crude will be eradicated in the same way that an appendix is often removed.

Men are the appendix of the future.

San Angeles (the city state in Demolition Man) is coming.

I do look forward to the sea shells however. Toilet paper is a pain in the ass...

You want smarter people? Outlaw abortions for women with college degrees. We are so far from making better people with genetic manipulation, this stuff will make political and scientific cover for eugenics and genocide. Kill the white males first then we will male the brown ones smarter/sarcasm.