rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

/ Working for an airline

/ Working for an airline

Has anyone gotten a job at an airline to alleviate the cost of airfare when traveling?

This thought occurred to me as I was thinking of all the places I want to travel to thanks to this forum.

/ Working for an airline

You can also try to hook up with a stewardess and have her designate you as her "partner". Airlines often offer free/subsidised flights and because of all the topsy-turvey of the "culture wars" most don't require "partners' to be married. A "partner" is just someone an employee designates as such. Not sure if you have to fly together, or the partner is allowed to do his own thing.

/ Working for an airline

I remember reading somewhere here did that and flew to SEA for a rediculously low price.

/ Working for an airline

Not an airline but I used to work at a big airport and would get travel privileges there too. You could use the internal travel office from a huge airline and sometimes they had ridiculously cheap offers, usually a flight combined with a stay in some hotel and you could extend the stay too. Unfortunately I never took advantages as I was only working there vfor about 1,5 years and didnt have time or money for travelling during that time.

Also a buddy of mine was together with a stewardess she only paid 10% for her flights, but only standby flights I think. She could list a couple of family members and a partner who would get the same privileges too.

/ Working for an airline

http://www.airlinejob.net/travel-benefits.html

Combined with a possible move close to a major airport along with my shitty pay for long hours and a longer commute if I move has me really starting to consider this.

Only thing keeping me at my job is I'm per-diem so I can literally work for 2 months and take 1 month off, or however I want my schedule to be. I suppose I could try to do both...