rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Review Patricias Smartphone

The perspective of this masterpiece is what makes it what it is today. Roosh writes the story in the perspective of Patricia and sees the world from her point of view. In order to understand the behavior of a person we must first know how they perceive the world. Roosh is correct about the fact that many women these days will choose their smartphones over the "love of their life". As players we must take this information and learn how to use it to our advantage. I am already testing a couple of theories out. The first one to the gold will get most of the offerings.

Just how the government has brainwashed millions of young men to join the army and fight for their "country," when their country is not even being threatened, smartphones along with accessible apps have brainwashed most women.

"You are only stupid in the life when you think everyone sees the world exactly like you do" ~Doulos2game

This might have been Roosh's best piece ever.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

(Typed on my smartphone)

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

I'm actually much more a fan of the Anticlimactic End of a Player.

WIA

agreed, pure masterpiece. I know too many girls like this; it drives me crazy

I'm not bullshitting about this. I don't mete out faint or hollow praise on stuff. This was seriously a well-written piece where Roosh's traditional heavy-handed approach vibed appropriately with the subject matter and gelled well. (I don't think his approach on If I Were Born Female was quite so effective for its direct approach; I think a little more delicate handling there would have been more appropriate.)

Also, I can't remember the last time I really went bananas about one of Roosh's posts; they're always of a consistent quality but I never go apeshit wanting to recommend it. As it is I want it to show up on HuffPo or something so that I can link it to all my friends without people knowing I troll PUA/manosphere sites.

I seriously think it's one of the landmark journalism pieces of the year. This needs to be read.

I'd say it's accurate. My soon to be ex-wife is turning into something like this. The woman who used to get pissed when I checked email on my phone at dinner when I was unemployed and trying to line up a job now spends almost all of her time on her phone. Her friends are constantly calling with "problems". They're all having "problems" that require hours on the damn phone, when I'm sure most of them could be solved with a simple surrender of pride. But then they wouldn't be 21st century American women.

I'd take her out to restaurants, and she's constantly texting and playing Words with Friends. Even at home, she has to keep running outside to talk on the phone because her friends have "problems".

One time when we took the children out to dinner, her friend had a "problem" and she had to run outside. We ended up getting her meal boxed.

It's like being married to a 14 year old spoiled brat.

I was against the divorce at first, the the more I think about it, the better off I'll be.

Really enjoyed it.

It was a great piece, but what we need to discuss here is how does one actually make headway in such a world? This girl has a job, so she doesn't need a beta supporter. She has female friends (even if the friendship isn't very deep). She is getting laid biweekly by a fb. She has social validation by guys hitting on her in the club as well as the inundation of fb likes and comments.

So how does one actually weasel their way into this? The interesting guy who bought her dinner got shit. The guys in the club swapped spit and spent drink money on her but didn't get the lay. Roosh also didn't mention cockblocking at the bar....

Perhaps the greater point is that we shouldn't even bother putting in the effort to get someone so narcissistic and poisoned by the self entitlement culture, and once they hit the wall in early 30's they'll shape up. But that's not good enough.

How can we beat Patricia's smartphone?

That was a mythical post, very well written. I suggest it is included in Best of Roosh.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

You deal with this by taking charge.

A few months ago a girl came over to my place to watch the Super Bowl. Her phone kept on beeping and buzzing. After she checked it a few times I gave her some shit about needing constant validation. Then I told her to shut it off. Then we banged.

Later she said she was really turned on by how direct and in control I was. These chicks feel empty. They want someone to take charge and show them something real.

I concur, this is Roosh's best ever. What's scary is my ex was literally a Patricia clone, complete with the food blog, Instagram account and sleeping with her iphone under the pillow...

Quote: (05-10-2013 08:55 AM)Ensam Wrote:  

You deal with this by taking charge.

A few months ago a girl came over to my place to watch the Super Bowl. Her phone kept on beeping and buzzing. After she checked it a few times I gave her some shit about needing constant validation. Then I told her to shut it off. Then we banged.

Later she said she was really turned on by how direct and in control I was. These chicks feel empty. They want someone to take charge and show them something real.

Well played. If a girl is on her phone and I'm on mine (it's business for me) I don't trip, but the moment her ph becomes more important than looking me in the eye when I'm talking I do the same. Girls need leaders so lets fkn lead.

Smartphones are a fad that's already fading in silicon valley. The emphasis now is "face time" --time with real people. As opposed to staring at a tiny screen after getting paid to stare at a large screen all day.

The problem is, bars are as boring as fuck. Watch the sports game on TV. Watch the hipster karaoke. It's really hard to not want to play some stupid phone game to pass the time waiting for a decent girl to walk in.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

hahaha girls are all the fucking same. great piece.

This Roosh post was really genius.

The thing that constantly amazes me about Roosh is how he stays on top of current cultural trends in America even though he hasn't been here in a while (to my knowledge).

I mean, this one was pretty up to the minute and cutting edge.

Hell, I travel for a month, and I completely lose what is happening in America. Roosh has been gone for a couple years now.

Roosh, how do you do it?

I liked the post, but there was an error in the form.

Watch this:

"They left the restaurant and—I don’t know who came up with the idea first—agreed to take a picture in front of the main entrance. It was their luck that the name of the restaurant could easily be seen."

the break in narrative: -I don't know who came up with the idea first-

is incorrect form. There are a couple spots where this happens.

If writing books is your core competency, Roosh, then study the craft, especially if you are going to shoot for pieces like this.

It would be a better sentence if that break was removed entirely, or if it was reworded like "They left the restaurant and decided to take a picture in front of the main entrance."

or even "Patricia couldn't remember who came up with the idea" or something.

Please understand that this critique is intended to be helpful, not negative. I have had tough critiques of my books, so I am doing the favor of paying it forward for other up-and-coming writers I enjoy.

As for the content of Roosh's piece, it was outstanding.

cheers

Sloots gon' sloot.

Thanks guys.

Quote:Quote:

The thing that constantly amazes me about Roosh is how he stays on top of current cultural trends in America even though he hasn't been here in a while (to my knowledge).

Detachment leads to understanding.

You can view a city better from the top of a skyscraper in silence than on ground level with a hundred noises disturbing your perception.

Let me introduce you to the Phone Stack game.

Everyone at lunch or a bar together has to place their phone face down in the stack.

Anyone pulling their phone out of the stack to answer it pays the entire bill. If no one grabs by the end, everyone pays their part. Some groups allow one picture, but no posting of the picture until the meal is over. One bar has even printed the rules on its coasters.

[Image: tumblr_lyznri3YT81qat659o1_250.jpg]

[Image: 7833970.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

^^ Nice. Yeah we always play that one too. Works quite well

Quote: (05-10-2013 11:31 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Thanks guys.

Quote:Quote:

Detachment leads to understanding.

You can view a city better from the top of a skyscraper in silence than on ground level with a hundred noises disturbing your perception.

Having a good perception on situations will increase your game dramatically. I didn't have much of a perception before. Now I feel like I am literally brainwashing girls into sleeping with me. I tell them what they want to hear, I do what they want me to do much more efficiently. Not every girl wants a caveman but not every girl want to be told she is pretty.

"If the humans were viewed as bacteria, social interactions will be a lot easier to understand"

absolutely brilliant piece as has been said. long but i couldnt stop til the end

Patricia's Smartphone is good.

My favorite so far has been this one:

The Most Insidious Method of Control Never Devised

Reads like a dystopian novel.

Maybe Roosh, you could write a dystopian novel about America.

Salient points and great detail. But I think if it were about half as long it might get a wider readership without losing the point.