rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

One approach per day

One approach per day

Kudos to Roosh on his idea of developing the one approach per day "keystone habit":
http://www.rooshv.com/one-approach-a-day
I started it on May 1st, Mondy through Friday, with weekends off. As Uncle Roosh noted, it forces you to up your overall game in that you pay attention to what you’re wearing and to putting yourself in situations where you’ll meet girls on a daily basis. Its cool that’s its very doable and doesn’t eat up a lot of time. That one approach per day isn’t an intimidating target. And sometimes that one approach leads to more approaches that day. It’s an awesome habit which forces you to be on toes, at least until you’ve done your approach for that day. So far, I've met two cuties that I would not have otherwise met. Good stuff. Anyone else doing it?

One approach per day

We already got this

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14130.html

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

One approach per day

Quote: (05-08-2013 04:08 PM)little wing Wrote:  

We already got this

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14130.html

I’m aware of the approach thread but I thought the “one approach per day keystone habit" concept merited its own post.

One approach per day

I'm gonna try this starting from next week.. Whenever I'm out I'll do a approach and if I'm indoors then I'll do it online

One approach per day

in the comments section roosh said most of his 1 approaches a day are on the street or at the mall

One approach per day

Quote:Quote:

I'll do it online

Does not count! Real-life approaches only.

One approach per day

That's great man...I follow the 2 approaches per day rule.

It just might double your results. [Image: smile.gif]

One approach per day

I am on day 4 using this method, I like it.

There is an app "Seinfeld calendar" on my android to keep the chain going.

One approach per day

I have a different rule I use: you have to approach a decent girl in a decent situation.

The last example of this, I walked into my mechanic waiting room and saw a slim, cute girl waiting for her car. Spent some time checking her out, I like girls to know I am appraising them sexually then I opened her and we had a good conversation. Turned out she was married or something like that. Gave her my business card anyway: another rule I have. It doesn't matter how I am dressed, where I am at, or how I feel. This rule has become so ingrained in me now that I am far more scared of breaking it than talking to any girl.

One approach per day

I've been trying to do this recently. I did approach one or two girls every day and then just stopped. Got tired and a bit depressed. Now it is harder to start again. I will report in this thread my experiences approaching.

One approach per day

Quote: (05-10-2013 08:30 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

I have a different rule I use: you have to approach a decent girl in a decent situation.

problem with your rule is its vague. easy to rationalize why its not a decent situation or wahtever

One approach per day

Quote: (05-10-2013 08:50 PM)GenJx Wrote:  

Quote: (05-10-2013 08:30 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

problem with your rule is its vague. easy to rationalize why its not a decent situation or wahtever

True, I can see how this could happen for some guys but it works for me. If anything, it's the opposite. I keep upping the crazy situations I will approach a girl in. I approached three young girls having dinner in a restaurant and ended hanging out with them for bit. Another time, I approached a group of about 20 women that was having a birthday party in a restaurants. These may not be decent situations to most guys but they are to me now.

One approach per day

Been trying this method myself for the past week. As a guy in his 50's, I have to be a little careful. But I find it to be working. Opened an off-duty waitress at a bar the other night. I might have pursued it, but I was pressed for time. Might go back and check her out later. I'm hoping she has a thing for older guys.
[Image: banana.gif]

One approach per day

For motivation and a support system in recommend using the app lift (lift.do). You checkin to the habits you choose (predetermined or custom) and it tracks your progress. I have created a custom habit for the 1 approach a day, when you search just type in RVF 1 A Day when you search

One approach per day

This is a good topic for sure that deserves its own thread. I have been following the one approach a day also. It is a lot more simple -- and so far it has made me approach almost on its own. I will keep doing it -- and would like to hear others ideas on this method. Roosh -- must get crediit for it.

One approach per day

For those of you who hesitate, there's no substitute for experience in approaching. None at all. No amount of reading, or supposed confidence, can replace straight up experience.

6 months took me from barely making approaches at all to approaching every girl that seems reasonable in sight.

Push yourself out of that comfort zone.

One approach per day

How is an approached defined? Do you just have to talk to a girl, you have to get her phone number, what? What about the quality of the girl? Does it count if you approach a girl that you don't really find attractive?

One approach per day

I approached a girl this morning at 8am in the elevator of a random building wearing my night clothes from the night before. She was going to the gym, had a pleasant conversation.

One approach per day

Quote: (05-11-2013 03:34 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

How is an approached defined? Do you just have to talk to a girl, you have to get her phone number, what? What about the quality of the girl? Does it count if you approach a girl that you don't really find attractive?

I don't approach girls I don't find attractive, so, that's fairly simple.

I'll make conversation with all types of people nowadays. I'll talk to everyone, old or young, male or female, hot or ugly. I just chat, be social. I actually approach, as in, I'll make a specific effort to go over and talk to a girl, make a specific effort to start and maintain a conversation, and (possibly) get her phone number to continue the later interaction. Or go for an instant-date. Depends on the situation.

These are daygame approaches. It's the mentality you take into it. Are you being social, or are you actually interested and wanting to talk to the girl, and you make an effort to do such? Quality depends on the person... new guy, bad shape, awkward social skills, is going to get a lower quality than a guy who works out, has good social awareness, etc. It's relative. Go after a girl you think is quality.

In other words, it's not 'what' an approach is, it's what you consider it. If you think it's an approach, it probably is. If you don't think it's an approach and just feel like you're being sociable, then it's not an approach. My real distinction is that if I feel any little bit of anxiety to talk to a girl, I should be heading towards her that moment. I don't get anxious to talk to people I'm not interested in.

One approach per day

Quote: (05-11-2013 03:34 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

I’m defining an approach as a situation where I either move forward (i.e., get an instant date or a phone number) or get a rejection. Thus, flirting with the checkout girl doesn’t count if it doesn’t result in a close or rejection. To be honest, I find myself doing approaches on fives or sixes that I normally wouldn’t make in order to fill the quota for the day. So I may be cheating a bit? Anyway, the value of the discipline comes from forcing you, on a daily basis, to place yourself in situations where you would meet girls, while dressed appropriately and in a “game on mode.”

One approach per day

Ok, that's closer to my definition. My definition of an approach is that the girl has to pass the boner test, you would bang her, and the interaction has to end in one of three ways:

1. You abort because of some logistical reason, for example she is leaving the city tomorrow, is married, or don't have much interest.
2. You get a phone number because you feel she has a high interest level in seeing you again.
3. You go for an insta-date.

One approach per day

I would class an "approach" as going out of your way to talk to a girl, ie approaching her and striking up conversation. It's not rocket science.

It doesn't count as an "approach" if you are at the supermarket and there's a hot girl checking your items through and you decide to talk to her. I also wouldn't count the example above in the elevator as an approach, more of an "open".

One approach per day

This afternoon at the library, I sat at a computer desk next to a very attractive girl in little white booty shorts.

I concentrated first on getting my work done, but couldn’t get my mind off her because she looked so sexy. Much time had passed, and I was making excuses, wanting a situation to come about where talking to her would feel more natural or having something to follow my opener with so a conversation could get going.

Usually, I feel natural opening girls, but I wasn’t feeling talkative and dwelled on it for too long, so once I thought of something to say, my heart furiously began to race. It took over my body and I didn’t know how I’d have the composure to take it beyond the opener.

Thinking about the “One Approach A Day” article, I thought about how easily I could meet the day’s quota just by saying something to her. By keeping a daily approach streak going, I would develop comfort and take things to another level on a regular basis.

I chatted her up, and as she replied, my nerves quickly calmed so I continued asking questions for as long as I could think of things to ask. She was kind of friendly, but she also didn’t sound at all interested and didn’t seem to care to keep the conversation going. Her tone was a bit firm and asexual, and she didn’t really look or make eye contact while we talked.

Afterwards, I got up to leave, feeling an ensuing rush of nerves to the point where I could barely get up normally. I never thought about the audience around me in this silent environment and didn’t care either. It was actually played out fairly well and this sort of thing has done well for me many times in the past so it’s valuable for me to make a habit out of this. A cute blonde chick sitting behind was looking at me when I got up.

I feel great and can’t wait to continue the streak tomorrow.

One approach per day

Nomad and MattC are on the roll in this thread. Guys, defining real approach, really? [Image: amuse.gif]

One approach per day

1 is not enough, in my opinion.

Roosh was only doing one a day because he had "approach fatigue" and was busy writing.

For years, I think he did many approaches per day.

He had to do thousands of approaches in order to get to the point where 1 was enough.

If you haven't done thousands of approaches then 1 a day is not enough.

Do 5 a day. You will speed up the process by 500%.

1 a day is for experts, newbies should be doing alot more!