rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help me gents' make this opener better...

Hey Gents,

I'm going to rolling with a new opener on campus this week. Let me know if you think it can be improved, or polished in some way shape or form. I'm also wondering if you think the girl might be put off by it or possibly even confused (ie... actually believe what I'm saying)

Before I get into it, I'll just say this: good looks are a strength of mine that I plan on leveraging with this opener. I'm not bragging, trust me, because personality and sense of humor and all that stuff is extremely important and I can always improve on that stuff too so in no way am I perfect. Far from it, but I have a lot to work with and I plan on using my strengths.

But the new opener goes like this and would be performed with the utmost charisma and quirkiness.

[Girl is sitting around on campus somewhere - bench, table in the union, studying somewhere, etc]

ME: Hey... I'm really sorry to have to involve you in this...

GIRL: Um... what do you mean?

ME: Well I have this friend, and... he's wondering if you were single...

* Girl either giggles, smiles, asks "Who's your friend?", or says no. Assume she didn't say no because at least the majority of girls will be curious who it is.*

GIRL: Where's your friend? --> Who's your friend? Yea, I'm single.

ME: Well, he's not here right now, but I could describe him to you...

GIRL: Ok, who is he?

ME: So he's tall... svelte figure... dark brown hair... really piercing light green eyes... this really defined jawline... just the right amount of stubble on his face... really nice arms... but he's incredibly humble,

*It's about this point the girl will know I'm talking about myself and will probably be smiling because she got duped into thinking there was another guy, and will most likely welcome the deception*

...he loves puppies and kittens, really wants world peace someday, and overall he just thinks you're really cute.

Conversation goes from there...

I typed that out longer than necessary, but it has 3 basic 'routine' components that flow naturally as part of a conversation.
* Tell a pretty girl you know someone that wants to know if she's single
* Describe yourself with the hint of a smirk and unwavering confidence
* Make her laugh and let her know she's attractive

Simple as that. Let me know what areas you think I could improve it if you see any, but this is going to be an opener I will be talking to pretty girls with starting this week.

Dude, it's perfect like it is. Don't change a thing. Girls eat up coy gimmicks like this.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

If you're good looking don't be afraid to go direct as well, ask her 'what's going on', that opener sounds like it would become tired after 5 approaches.

Quote: (05-05-2013 02:04 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Dude, it's perfect like it is. Don't change a thing. Girls eat up coy gimmicks like this.

Rock on.

BTW, I just read your 'The Advantage of Being a Late Bloomer', and I couldn't agree more - well written too. All the guys that I wanted to be in High School as I was a quiet, shy, introverted skinny guy that didn't differentiate himself from the pack... well, they are all now overweight, dull, boring men that literally could not hold a candle to what I've made out of myself.

Quote: (05-05-2013 01:37 AM)renaissanceman87 Wrote:  

I'm going to rolling with a new opener on campus this week.

I for one, don't mind canned game. I just don't know

This is how I see it going as written, and for day game.

*sees cute girl headed towards Wendy's for a Frosty*
*walks over to her*
*side by side and within ear shot*
* come in on the flank*
*spit*

You - "hey"
Stranger - "Huh"
You - "I know someone that likes you" *smirking*
Stranger - "Huh?"

^You can plow through and push it as far as you can, but I don't think it opens well on a stone cold stranger, even if accompanied by a smirk from a good looking guy. Of course you're gonna go out and test it and prove me wrong, which is what I hope happens.

To me this seems tailor made for "extended social circle" or "house party" game - which out of all of the environments that we play in - are the easiest to score with...but also the most likely to land you in a LTR.

For street/day game with legit strangers, the hook, "I know someone that likes you"..

You're stealing a page from the 5th grade, I get that. Nothing like some elementary school game to make a chick regress into a playful little minx. Who hasn't used thumb wrestling, or passing a chick a note written on a cocktail napkin (do you like me, box 1 says yes, AND box 2 says yes)

But in the sequence of pulling a chick, in my experience, those kind of gambits don't open.

They may "widen" something that is already there, but they don't do the initial work of pushing a chick out of "study mode" "walking to class mode" "working mode" "holding a cosmo in one hand and iphone in the other mode"

What you're shooting for is the phrase that opens her up to talk, she warms up to you, and then you say something and she punches you in the arm.

............ Taking a note from Vitaly's most recent joint

u - "hey"
stranger - huh
u - 'this might sound weird"
stranger - what
u - "this might sound weird, but I know someone who likes you"
stranger - who
u - he's...

"this might sound weird" - might groove the social path to break that stranger to stranger connection. Then you can proceed.

A lot can be said for assuming familiarity (although I find that it grates on my nerves), and doing your original bit - but possibly paying attention to some of the social mores and graces can get you a little bit farther.

I honestly don't know. When I was in college, girls I would talk to "out of the blue" were girls that I would see everyday. And often they would see me everyday. Eye contact sometimes. Smiles or Invitations to Holler? Never.

"I see you everyday, I want to know your name"

This is definitely direct, with shades of indirect, in that I don't come out and say, "you're in my masturbation rolodex and i'm trying to make the thing that I have you do in the P Chem Lab with the gas chromatograph into an actual reality"

WIA

your opener is fine. just remember to get her full attention first before starting your story and you're good. otherwise, if you say hi and immediately start delivering your BS it might not even register to her what you're talking about. slow down and you're good. LASER LIKE EYE CONTACT.

- hey... [she looks at you]
- one moment... [she snaps from her life to social situation]
- hi... [she's supposed to be focused on you at this moment. if she's not give her more time ie: "don't worry i come in peace.. you have a minute?"]
- hi how's your day going? [it's just meaningless phrase, like a formality, gives her more time to get comfortable]
- cool, ok look, here's the thing.. [your story]

i'd replace "i'm really sorry" with "i'd like to.. / "here's the thing, i'd like to.."

Seems completely pointless to me and makes out as if you don't have any backbone. It also comes across as pretty childish and immature in my opinion, and you will come across as self centred in a way that's not attractive to a girl if you're trying to win her over.

Go direct. Everything comes natural then in your approach with women. Girls will recognise it's a scripted line that's pretty cheesy. For example, the usual "I just saw you from over there and thought I'd come over to tell you..." is a scripted line, but it's not an obvious one and flows properly in a natural conversation, whereas I can't say the same about yours. Maybe in a Hollywood film, but not in real life.

I gotta agree with Matt C on this one. Let her know exactly what you're thinking, instead of talking about a friend that even she knows is you.

So I was in my campus bar today with a friend, these 2 girls post up at a table 15+ feet away. My friend leaves...

I go over and approach, ready to use my new line... do the typical opener, introduce myself, get their names, and then I start the opener...

Their both married. I was like 'wtf?' It was 1:00pm in the afternoon in my campus bar... I should have known better. It's in the afternoon and it wasn't going to be your typical students. So I'm disappointed I can't give a report on how the opener works on neutral game.

I'll make an update when I get a few ideal approaches for this opener.

i think mattc and alberto miss the point completely. the game is not "who's the most honest person" contest. you don't get some kind of good points for stating what's on your mind in every situation.

game is about sharing fun / cool / lighthearted experience with girls. renaissanceman87 story provides that, his opener gives a girl a fun little intro story [to his intentions] that she can follow and contribute to. it gives her chance to talk and play her part. what's so bad about it?

girls sense those stories are fake but so what? they KNOW it's bullshit. but they like charming bullshit. usually they're glad a guy is socially smart enough to come up with something normal and appropriate to the social situation they're in and is able to carry on the casual conversation. some girls will probably tease him about that story, so what? that's a good sign. they don't really mean it.

i don't shit on direct, i just don't get this notion of being one thing always. in order to click with and get into conversation with anyone social versatility and manoeuvrability is the #1 thing, not rigid methods rules or structures [directs vs indirects, chill vs upbeat, expressive vs aloof].

Quote: (05-07-2013 03:26 AM)XXL Wrote:  

i don't shit on direct, i just don't get this notion of being one thing always. in order to click with and get into conversation with anyone social versatility and manoeuvrability is the #1 thing, not rigid methods rules or structures [directs vs indirects, chill vs upbeat, expressive vs aloof].

[Image: citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif]

Excellent, excellent post.

I like direct also. But providing a girl with fun and playful experiences combined with a playfully confident attitude never hurts.

And as XXL said, it's about versatility. Have many tools in your arsenal.

Quote: (05-07-2013 03:26 AM)XXL Wrote:  

i think mattc and alberto miss the point completely. the game is not "who's the most honest person" contest. you don't get some kind of good points for stating what's on your mind in every situation.

game is about sharing fun / cool / lighthearted experience with girls. renaissanceman87 story provides that, his opener gives a girl a fun little intro story [to his intentions] that she can follow and contribute to. it gives her chance to talk and play her part. what's so bad about it?

girls sense those stories are fake but so what? they KNOW it's bullshit. but they like charming bullshit. usually they're glad a guy is socially smart enough to come up with something normal and appropriate to the social situation they're in and is able to carry on the casual conversation. some girls will probably tease him about that story, so what? that's a good sign. they don't really mean it.

As I said, it's just my opinion. There's no right or wrong really, I just can't see it being as effective as it's made out to be, hence Tuth's post.

As I said, I think it's cheesy and too scripted. From what I've learned doing sales, having a scripted pitch loses its charm and effectiveness because the person saying it thinks too much about remembering lines, saying it the right way and after a while it isn't delivered properly.

Going direct isn't linear and isn't "one thing". Going direct is situational and circumstantial, where you have to think quick on your feet about something around you at the time or about what the girl is doing, it's very rare that I have two approaches that are the same. At the same time, it's very genuine because you are thinking about something that is true, and you're saying it because you mean it.

In my experience, practiced lines aren't very effective, especially if you're stopping a girl to open by talking about yourself. I think it's too gimmicky. I'm happy to be proved wrong and by all means give it a go, I just don't think it'll be very successful.

Quote: (05-07-2013 07:40 AM)MattC Wrote:  

As I said, it's just my opinion. There's no right or wrong really, I just can't see it being as effective as it's made out to be, hence Tuth's post.

In my experience, it's all about delivery.

The simple pick up guys have categorically shown how easy it is to open with most ludicrous shit.

Direct, Indirect - it's whatever gets you over the hump to go talk to a broad.

The real take-away from running scripted/canned indirect game is that you realize how little the content actually matters in most cases.

WIA

Agreed mate, it's all about delivery. As I said, using scripted lines lose their charm and makes you robotic in your delivery. It's why I don't do it.

I seldom use scripted openers, and when I do they're one line only

Opening is all about your demeanor, frame, body language, and delivery

If these are good, you can say all sorts of random things

The one thing to avoid is any beta openers like "Hi you're pretty", or "What's your name?"

I can totally understand why newbies use canned openers though- approach anxiety makes it hard to think of something to say. but I do think the OP opener is just too long, involved, and try hard. If you want to go clever or funny, I would keep it short, cocky and funny.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (05-07-2013 09:24 AM)MattC Wrote:  

Agreed mate, it's all about delivery. As I said, using scripted lines lose their charm and makes you robotic in your delivery. It's why I don't do it.

Take a kid just starting out in acting, and he'll make Shakespeare sound boring as shit.

Take a seasoned actor from Broadway and he becomes King Lear before your very eyes.

But Lawrence Olivier didn't start his career at the top. And neither will the OP.

The script is not just a method of getting laid, but it is a tool for learning.

Even Roosh will break out his patented pet store owner, or you look like the person having the most fun.

WIA

end your list of attributes with "and I heard he's supposedly very good in bed too, but sshhh, dont tell anyone"

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates