rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

minocycline - chemical help for beating the Beta blues?

Tongue tied and hamstrung when facing a hot prospect? Do you want more confidence in the heat of seduction target? Then maybe minocycline - an anticiotic commonly used to treat acne - is right for you!

"Men tend to say yes to attractive women without really scrutinizing whether or not they are trustworthy. But scientists have shown, for the first time, that a drug may be able to overcome this “honey trap,” and help men make more rational decisions.
_ _ _

"Scientists think the drug may clear the brain of distractions like, in this case, arousal, to improve focus for making rational decisions. And these scientists aren’t the first to show that the antibiotic has effects other than getting rid of zits. Other studies have demonstrated that minocycline can improve patients’ focus on social cues, encourage sober decision making and improve the symptoms associated with schizophrenia and depression."

http://www.readability.com/read?url=http...29%26utm_s

[b]TRY THIS AND REPORT BACK![b]

This is only the latest report of sound reason to believe that the antibiotic minocycline really is chemical help for beating back the Beta blues!

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I've come across a pill that's far more effective than minocycline.
It's called
The Red Pill

But to get to your post: If you look at the size effects in that study, I'm not comfortable with the size of the error bars. They say they have a low p-value, but it looks like the means for money given could potentially overlap if the experiment is repeated. This may have been a once-off result. I also wonder why they decided to use percentages for their graphs - it probably looks more dramatic. They were using very tiny cash amounts in this study. The difference between the placebo and minocycline group was $3. Question is, how will it affect decision making for big amounts?

And they studied Japanese men, and despite taking minocycline, they still wanted to give half their stuff to a woman whom they had not even met in person. That's much of an improvement in a culture that possesses strong beta traits. I'd imagine a 'red-piller' would get even less of benefit. You can't treat what's not there.

The actual study:http://www.nature.com/srep/2013/130418/s...01685.html

But I look forward to your minocycline datasheet. I'm eager to hear your experience with it.

Quote: (05-04-2013 12:17 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

I've come across a pill that's far more effective than minocycline.
It's called
The Red Pill

But to get to your post: If you look at the size effects in that study, I'm not comfortable with the size of the error bars. They say they have a low p-value, but it looks like the means for money given could potentially overlap if the experiment is repeated. This may have been a once-off result. I also wonder why they decided to use percentages for their graphs - it probably looks more dramatic. They were using very tiny cash amounts in this study. The difference between the placebo and minocycline group was $3. Question is, how will it affect decision making for big amounts?

And they studied Japanese men, and despite taking minocycline, they still wanted to give half their stuff to a woman whom they had not even met in person. That's much of an improvement in a culture that possesses strong beta traits. I'd imagine a 'red-piller' would get even less of benefit. You can't treat what's not there.

The actual study:http://www.nature.com/srep/2013/130418/s...01685.html

But I look forward to your minocycline datasheet. I'm eager to hear your experience with it.

Thomas, true - the size of the effect is small in this study. And I've never used this drug for this purpose (although I did have it in my youth for acne).

ANOTHER drug that I have used to GREAT POSITIVE EFFECT is called D-Cycloserine or DCS. This old antibiotic used in micro-doses (no more than 50mg), can be very effective to treat social phobia or social anxiety. Permanently. (Used to treat tuberculosis, the dose is 750mg/day; over 50mg dose, the effect disappears.)

GO HERE to see some of the studies findings. (There are a lot more - some of which are negative or mixed..)

What is does is turn fearful anticipation into excitement (the dose maxes in the blood in about 90 minutes, then fades slowly over 4 to 6 hours). This allows for a window for a new memory trace to be laid down.

DCS act on the amygdala analogously to SSRIs - which keep serotonin levels higher in the brain - to keep a protein complex there at higher levels. This protein complex allows the reversal of conditioned fears. (The amygdala is the brain's center for fear and excitement.)

DCS is inexpensive. I got it in 250mg caps from India, online, for maybe 100 pills for only about $100. The early 'social anxiety' trials using it found it highly effective (+90%) in only three doses.

There are two downsides to using DCS. First, the 'excitement' effects fade in the mid-teens of using it, after a dozen or 15 times. Then it fades. The only alternative is to not use it at all for many many months if not years! Second, if your paired dose 'exposure' is wrong, you could de-sensitize yourself to fears you don't want to!

Specifically, I also used it for fear of of heights (another clinically useful purpose for the drug, small trial have found ). I've also suffered from a chairlift riding phobia, the irrational urge to JUMP from chairlifts. It was a very painful, difficult to endure experience!

I was living in Summit County, Colorado at the time, up to 30 minutes to ski resorts like Copper Mountain, Keystone, Breckenridge. So I took DCS and drove myself to the lifts.

The strange result is that I became a mad-man behind the wheel! Driving became this amazing thrill! It resulted in fast driving on a snowy road and high-speed side-swipe collision and $7,000 damage to me and the other guy (my first auto accident in 25 years). The Lesson? Use DCS wisely!

Thomas, you suggest the monocycline results may have been "one off," an outlier. But the most compelling DCS study I read used the animal model of PTSD to reverse it using DCS!

In other words, a rat is subjected to an inescapable electric shock in a cage, until the animal simply gives up and lays down - ie, "learned helplessness." And then,, using DCS, the rat "unlearns" the complete helplessness, returning to normal behavior. These were studies at Emory University Medical School that proved the physiological basis for DCS' effectiveness.

The trouble is that DCS is a generic drug and there is patentable way to fund large-scale effectiveness studies on its usefulness, only smaller open trials. Thus, these Emory researchers have recently patented a unique drug delivery method for DCS with the hope of making a patentable funding stream available for proper full-scale pharmacological studies to be done.

If I do a data-sheet, it will be about the usefulness of DCS for Betas. This monocycline article is simply the latest news in "off label" uses to treat social anxiety using anti-biotics.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

ohh fuck noooo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minocycline#Side_effects

Minocycline may cause upset stomach, diarrhea, dizziness, unsteadiness, drowsiness, mouth sores, headache and vomiting. Minocycline increases sensitivity to sunlight. It has also been linked to cases of lupus. Minocycline can reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives.[24] Prolonged use of minocycline over an extended period of time can lead to blue-gray skin and blue-gray staining of scar tissue is not permanent but it can take a very long time for the skin colour to return to normal; on the other hand a muddy brown skin colour in sun exposed areas is usually a permanent skin discolouration.[25] Permanent blue discoloration of gums or teeth discoloration may also occur. Rare but serious side effects include fever, yellowing of the eyes or skin, stomach pain, sore throat, vision changes, and mental changes, including depersonalization.[26][27]

Occasionally minocycline therapy may result in autoimmune disorders such as drug related lupus and auto-immune hepatitis; minocycline induced auto-immune hepatitis when it occurs usually occurs in men who also developed minocycline induced lupus, however, women are the most likely to develop minocycline induced lupus. Significant or complete recovery occurs in most people who develop minocycline induced autoimmune problems within a period of a couple of weeks to a year of cessation of minocycline therapy. Autoimmune problems emerge during chronic therapy but can sometimes occur after only short courses of a couple of weeks of therapy.[28][29] Drug Reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) syndrome can occur during the first few weeks of therapy with minocycline.[29]

Minocycline, but not other tetracyclines, can cause vestibular disturbances with dizziness, ataxia, vertigo and tinnitus. These effects are again thought to be related to minocycline's greater penetration into the central nervous system. Vestibular side effects are much more common in women than in men, occurring in 50% to 70% of women receiving minocycline. As a result of the frequency of this bothersome side effect, minocycline is rarely used in female patients.[30]

Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, and trouble breathing.[26] Minocycline has also been reported to very rarely cause idiopathic intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri),[31] a side effect also more common in female patients.

Thyroid cancer has been reported in the post-marketing setting in association with minocycline products. When minocycline therapy is given over prolonged periods, monitoring for signs of thyroid cancer should be considered.[citation needed]

In 2009, the FDA added minocycline to its Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS); a list of medications under investigation by the FDA for potential safety issues. The AERS cites a potential link between the use of minocycline products and autoimmune disease in pediatric patients.[32]

I used to take that drug for acne and I can assure you that mentally there was no difference. Maybe if you believe in it you might get the placebo effect but that's it.

Quote: (05-07-2013 07:43 PM)that guy Wrote:  

I used to take that drug for acne and I can assure you that mentally there was no difference. Maybe if you believe in it you might get the placebo effect but that's it.

I second this. Also, this drug is probably the worst thing to take over the summer because your skin becomes ultra-sensitive to sunlight.

Do not start taking Minocycline to help you become more confident. I used to take this drug to help with minor breakouts and it makes you depressed. I've never been prone to depression but a few years ago I was having huge emotional swings and couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. It wasn't until I eliminated the Minocycline that I went back to normal. The difference in mental health on and off this drug is night and day.

Quote: (05-13-2013 05:28 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

Do not start taking Minocycline to help you become more confident. I used to take this drug to help with minor breakouts and it makes you depressed. I've never been prone to depression but a few years ago I was having huge emotional swings and couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. It wasn't until I eliminated the Minocycline that I went back to normal. The difference in mental health on and off this drug is night and day.

Depression does make you less charitable so that would explain the effects of the quoted study.

I am currently taking minocyline for my skin but I haven't noticed any differences about my behavior

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

Orson , can you tell what place have you bought it from? Also, how fast does it work? Has D-Cycloserine need to build up in system like SSRI? i sent you PM but it seems you havent noticed it..

Quote: (05-06-2013 02:02 PM)Orson Wrote:  

... can be very effective to treat social phobia or social anxiety. Permanently.

Regarding DCS, I don't understand the 'permanently' part because later on in your post you seem to say that habituation takes place after about 15 days and the effect is lessened?

Would like to see your data sheet appear here.

Quote: (05-20-2013 12:09 PM)starmaze Wrote:  

Orson , can you tell what place have you bought it from? Also, how fast does it work? Has D-Cycloserine need to build up in system like SSRI? i sent you PM but it seems you havent noticed it..
SORRY starmaze (I'm sometimes neglectful. Sorry again.)

I have spent YEARS working off my 100 pills of DCS (D-cylcoserine) - my drugs are few in number AND officially expired - so I'm unlikely to have a useful, record of a current best source.

Doing a search for "D-cycloserine india" and I notice a nasal spray version from India was posted on an anxiety disorders BB in 2008 with a mention of Indian sourcing. But I have no idea whether it works the same or better!

ANOTHER hit adds info:
http://direct.millipore.com/catalogue/item/239831-5gm
"Partial agonist of NMDA receptors at the glycine modulatory site. Reported to improve memory-dependent tasks in rats." The rat's like us!

BUT what you want is to search for is "cycloserine india" (lots of likely hits for just now) and get the 250mg capsules. (At least if you follow my path - YMMV, and yours may be better or worse.) Order up some empty gelatin caps easy enough sized to cut your mg's to about 50mg. No more. Maybe less. (Your skills may vary - my were quite primitive, but I got almost 5 doses out of one single 250mg capsule.)

This drug is normally used as a tertiary antibiotic to treat Tuberculosis. It is old, generic, and typically used to this, not THIS! - what we want to use it for.

Remember: if it works for a few times, it ought to be permanent. If not, try a few more. But if get into the mid-teens, it will fade in effectiveness.

Take is about 90 minutes before you socially engage in anxiety provoking situations like day or night game. It ought to max out 1 to 2 hours after taking on an empty stomach. Then slowly fade after three hours, where six (after ingesting) is ballpark back to baseline.

My stash I bought for somewhat over $100 years ago. It worked for me; it might for you.

Once you're done, you can either help out friends (one was marrying a sports nut and had a bad fear of heights - it worked for her too - she wanted to go hang-gliding on her honeymoon), or else find a buyer online.

REPORT BACK HERE to share your experiments! MAYBE start a datasheet. HERE.

Some betas need more than blues. They need pain to break them out of the trance.

Quote:Quote:

But if get into the mid-teens, it will fade in effectiveness.

thank you for your reply.

What do you mean? I am 35, does it mean it only works if you are in your teens?

Quote: (05-26-2013 10:51 AM)starmaze Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

But if get into the mid-teens, it will fade in effectiveness.

thank you for your reply.

What do you mean? I am 35, does it mean it only works if you are in your teens?

mid-teens, meaning between 10 and 20 times.

FURTHER information:

here is a recommended site for purchase of DCS (D-cycloserine).
http://drugstore.ind.in/buy-seromycin-usa.html

COMPARE with wikipedia's entry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycloserine

Thus, $85, you can have roughly 50 doses of "Seromycin" if you carefully extract the contents from the capsule and re-package its 250mg doses into five 50mg capsules.

Empty caps can be made from any large capsule vitamin pill bought from a supplement store (and emptied), or else in quantity (say size "0" or "00" for easy manual handling) quite cheaply. SEE here
http://www.amazon.com/health-personal-ca...B000AHCPEC
and related pages.

Thanks Orson! Have you used that supplier yourself?

I found a couple of other sources a bit cheaper - about $70 for ten 250mg capsules. I'd better not post them here because I've no idea if they're reliable, but anyone PM me if you want the links.

I've been doing a lot of research, and apparently online pharmacies run by or affiliated with Ukranian/Russian businesses are largely known for selling total junk and being complete scammers.
If you trace the domain address of that site Orson linked, you'll see that it's actually not Indian run...
http://onlinepharmacysearch.net/Drugstore.ind.in
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/re...ore.ind.in

After a lot of searching I found about a half dozen more sites selling cycloserine that were run by Ukranian/Russian fronts, and I've finally managed to find ONE actual Indian site selling this stuff.

If anyone wants the link, or more info on how I found this stuff, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for all the info, Orson! Very curious about this stuff, you've opened my eyes to something new.

Um. hmm. I used to take this and it worked well to keep acne under control. I find this one hard to grasp.

Here's another option if you want to forgo third world labs and shady online pharmacies completely; you can buy the chemical powder directly from Merck. And for fairly cheap, too...

http://www.emdmillipore.com/life-science...EWhmEfVhTm