rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kansas City (local)

Kansas City (local)

I'm a local guy here, studying at the University of Kansas. Often down in Westport, occasionally P&L, Martini corner, Plaza, etc.

I enjoy meeting new people, got a fairly sizable group of people that are red pill types (few from SoSuave, couple RSD guys, etc), so send me a PM if you're interested in meeting up. Always looking to expand the social circle, especially as summer gets in.

Kansas City (local)

I hear there is a pretty active PUA facebook group in KC. The last two forums shut down years ago. Check out Lawrence, night life is more abundant and way cheaper there (during school year).

Kansas City (local)

I study in Lawrence, so I know the area pretty well. Often daygame the library, at least when I'm not studying hardcore myself. Needing to get more active in the Lawrence nightlife, but the majority of my buddies are older (30+), so they stick around the downtown areas. And I hate going on without a buddy, because I like having a guy to review with, to just chat with on downtime, etc.

Haven't heard of a facebook group, however..

Kansas City (local)

I want to try the BBQ out there.

Kansas City (local)

It's worth it. Absolutely fantastic.

Kansas City (local)

Just wanted to bump this, is anyone still operating in the KC area?

Kansas City (local)

I might come hang out after I get done with this job. What is there to do there?

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Kansas City (local)

Quote: (11-30-2013 04:30 PM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

I will actually be in KC around New Year's visiting family, so would be up for a meetup. Will be staying near the Plaza, so let me know.

@ Giovanny - the BBQ is unbelievable in KC! I personally love Oklahoma Joes and Rosedale BBQ, but there are so many good ones. The Mexican food is d@mn good in KC too....

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Kansas City (local)

Quote: (12-01-2013 05:46 PM)renotime Wrote:  

I might come hang out after I get done with this job. What is there to do there?

KC is actually a pretty nice, laid-back town IMO with more to do than you would think. The BBQ is a must of course, but there are some good museums (Nelson-Atkins, WWI museem (very nice actually, bit of a hidden gem) and a couple others. The Plaza shopping area is a nice open, semi-pedestrian area which has some good shopping and restaurants. Good beer in KC too (Boulevard brewery based there). Then there is of course the downtown Power & Light district for evenings out. Union Station also worth a look as it's an old landmark classical-style building.

KC is cheap as hell compared to the coastal bigger cities so you won't break the bank there.

Kansas City (local)

Don't forget the Blanc Burger on the Plaza. I had to make a detour just for their Kobe burger.

@Akula, if you're Russian, I have probably met you.

Kansas City (local)

Quote: (12-02-2013 02:06 AM)Akula Wrote:  

I will actually be in KC around New Year's visiting family, so would be up for a meetup. Will be staying near the Plaza, so let me know.

@ Giovanny - the BBQ is unbelievable in KC! I personally love Oklahoma Joes and Rosedale BBQ, but there are so many good ones. The Mexican food is d@mn good in KC too....

@ Akula - I may or may not be around then. If all goes well and my visa comes back on time I won't be around, however, that is up in the air and I may to have to delay my trip a week or so in which case I would still be around.

Kansas City (local)

Quote: (12-10-2013 01:13 PM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

@ Akula - I may or may not be around then. If all goes well and my visa comes back on time I won't be around, however, that is up in the air and I may to have to delay my trip a week or so in which case I would still be around.

Ok then just let me know. My plans have me in KC for New Years now - from the 30th until the 2nd so just a few days.
@one-two:I'm not Russian, but I live in Russia (for now)))) Not sure if there are too many Russians in KC these days but would be interesting to find out.

Kansas City (local)

Most of the people I knew when I lived there are all married now, but there must be a new generation of foreign exchange students every year.

Kansas City (local)

Quote: (12-16-2013 06:08 AM)Akula Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2013 01:13 PM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

Ok then just let me know. My plans have me in KC for New Years now - from the 30th until the 2nd so just a few days.
@one-two:I'm not Russian, but I live in Russia (for now)))) Not sure if there are too many Russians in KC these days but would be interesting to find out.

Damn. I'm leaving for Baku on the 30th.

Kansas City (local)

So in KC now. What are the options for New Years here - any suggestions? Anyone going to be out on the Plaza? Is that a decent place to try out?

@Pacesetter - Heard Baku is really interesting these days and that they have poured so much money into it that it's becoming a mini-Dubai. Lot of interesting things to see there for sure. At least that's what the Russian guys who went down there last month said about it. Will be fairly warm too.

Kansas City (local)

Quote: (12-30-2013 12:03 PM)Akula Wrote:  

So in KC now. What are the options for New Years here - any suggestions? Anyone going to be out on the Plaza? Is that a decent place to try out?

@Pacesetter - Heard Baku is really interesting these days and that they have poured so much money into it that it's becoming a mini-Dubai. Lot of interesting things to see there for sure. At least that's what the Russian guys who went down there last month said about it. Will be fairly warm too.

I didn't really research it very much since I wont be there, but I heard that there is supposed to be a decent gig at the Kaufmann Center.