rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

H&M Uses Plus-Size Model For Swimwear Collection

Quote:Quote:

Hands down, there's nothing more frustrating than flipping through a swimsuit catalog filled with tanned, stick-thin, bikini-clad models lounging in boats and hammocks.

That's why it's so refreshing to log onto retail clothing company H&M's website where they've recently unveiled their new beachwear line featuring a model of normal, healthy proportions wearing both one-piece suits and (gasp!) bikinis. There's no a mention of the suits being plus-sized—it's just a woman wearing some bathing suits and she happens to not be super skinny.

The model, 23-year-old Jennie Runk, is reportedly six-feet-tall and considered plus-size per industry standards. For a clothing company with a history of featuring tanned, taut models (and most recently, Beyonce writhing sexually on the beach in a bikini for a campaign), prominently showcasing a woman with healthy proportions—not burying her in a "plus-size" section—is refreshing. Granted, when you click on a product, you're led to the plus-size section but the point is, normal-sized women are nabbing the spotlight on a fashion website. And by not mentioning their sizes, the message is: It's really no big deal. An H&M spokesperson could not be reached for comment.

Has the uber-skinny model had her day in the sun? It certainly seems that way.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/h-...11707.html

[Image: 786bd89e-55e0-4492-a485-014ff5ff6c3a_630_swimsuits.jpg]

She's actually a size 2 (2/10 WNB).

As much as I hate it, it's good marketing. I'm not buying oversized swimwear. But there is a large and growing market of fatties that businesses are hungry for. They're hoping that this hefty portion of society will notice when their ads use a chubby model and that this showing of solidarity will induce the masses to direct the part of their discretionary spending that isn't spent on healthy foods like whole wheat turkey sandwiches or carrot cake with lowfat icing toward their products.

At least she is actually 'plus sized' (whatever that means) and not a land whale. She's probably 10lbs overweight, which is a hell of a lot better than fashion houses using this as a model:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ-B88kJQvUd8Hr1uEIBW...6Dhz4_wFXg]

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

If she lost (a lot) of weight...she'd be hot. And I'm thinking more than 10lbs...maybe 20,25? Face is legit sans fattiness.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (05-02-2013 01:24 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

If she lost (a lot) of weight...she'd be hot. And I'm thinking more than 10lbs...maybe 20,25? Face is legit sans fattiness.

Yeah, maybe closer to 15-20lbs then. I'm working it out in stones you see, and 14lbs is a stone, so I probably should have put that instead of 10. However, I agree, if she was thin she'd be an 8 possibly.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Just H&M being business savvy and catering to every target group. Fat chance (heh) they will stop advertising tight, good looking models like this delusional article writer thinks.

I think she looks hawt as fuck in the left pic in the one piece suit. The pic on the right just isn't very flattering for a plus sized chick(and I really don't think she is fat at all).

and yes, this is smart and good marketing(for the USA catalogs at least)

Actually a lot of women look like her. If anything that look should be encouraged and not the stick-thin or atrocities we know as fat chicks.

Nothing wrong with her.

Nice tits, I'd fuck her.

Her face is really cute but she'd be slamming if she lost some weight. If I had her in rotation I'd get her going to the gym.

Aside from having a medical condition that's probably the biggest a female could naturally be. It's hard to gauge how big she is as her body is somewhat holding on to it well (the weight) but you can tell she's a Chinese buffet or 2 away from exploding.

Those of you who don't think she's fat - are you seeing the gut and cellulite thighs? Just checking.

Quote: (05-02-2013 02:10 PM)Power_Ranger Wrote:  

Actually a lot of women look like her. If anything that look should be encouraged and not the stick-thin or atrocities we know as fat chicks.

Nothing wrong with her.

She's overweight, that is what is wrong with her. Why? SHE'S A MODEL... I.E She is supposed to represent the ideal figure for a woman. Like what has happened with Kate Upton, 'normal' girls start thinking "Oh, well if a model like X, Y or Z looks like that, then I'm certainly not fat. Hey Sis, order another Dominos".

Quote: (05-02-2013 02:37 PM)lurker Wrote:  

Those of you who don't think she's fat - are you seeing the gut and cellulite thighs? Just checking.

She's a hefty broad. But I'm bringing it back to the scary fact that she is *smaller* than most larger women. She could pass as saying she's curvy or has a few extra pounds because it's true. Most broads are way more sloppy then her and you can tell they are holding onto way more weight because thier body frames can't handle it.

Quote: (05-02-2013 02:40 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2013 02:10 PM)Power_Ranger Wrote:  

Nothing wrong with her.

She's overweight, that is what is wrong with her. Why? SHE'S A MODEL... I.E She is supposed to represent the ideal figure for a woman. Like what has happened with Kate Upton, 'normal' girls start thinking "Oh, well if a model like X, Y or Z looks like that, then I'm certainly not fat. Hey Sis, order another Dominos".

So you're telling me this woman would be chomping food down like the fatties do? That she guzzles sugary drinks during the day and in bars (which essentially most women drink at night) and still ends up looking like this?

No, she got lazy yes but she isn't neglecting herself.

Now I might sound like a huge ball-ache when I say this but women have been corrupted by womens magazines into believing magical weight loss plans and crash dieting.

I guarantee you this woman is a result of that conditioning. I have had sex with a few women like her and all of them were thankful to me for helping them lose weight and get better definition by explaining what works and how womens magazines and other horse shit corrupts their minds.

The likes of COSMOS, womens own and lads mags are the problem, not a model such as her.

Absolutely WNB.

Quote: (05-02-2013 11:18 AM)jariel Wrote:  

[Image: 786bd89e-55e0-4492-a485-014ff5ff6c3a_630_swimsuits.jpg]

Well this is one way to stop teenage boys from jerking off over your catalogs.

I'd hit it.

^

With no shame either.

Nope.

I'd [Image: hump.gif]

She would look a lot better if she lost 15 lb., of course, but she doesn't look bad at all. Besides, she is still thinner than the average American women so it's hilarious to see 200 lb. fatties cheering her as some kind of "fat acceptance" symbol.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (05-03-2013 05:23 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I'd [Image: hump.gif]

She would look a lot better if she lost 15 lb., of course, but she doesn't look bad at all. Besides, she is still thinner than the average American women so it's hilarious to see 200 lb. fatties cheering her as some kind of "fat acceptance" symbol.

That's because they know its the first step towards having completely obese landwhales as "models" or at least acceptable. Its a slippery slope, my friends.

Think about it. Models are usually slim, toned women who are either that way naturally or through rigorous diet and exercise. How many women are like that in real life? Very few. Women don't feel that they should be model-thin, but they get more and more worried as they stray farther and farther from that ideal.

When the model herself is a chubster who looks like she demolishes packs of Pringles on a daily basis, what will an average woman think? She'll think "Oh, the model looks like this (20 lbs overweight) and that's her fulltime job so I am definitely ok looking like this (50 lbs overweight) and managing my fulltime pink collar job."

I'd walk through the mall holding her hand. Her face trumps the few extra pounds for now. As far as weight, she's at my limit, but 2 months of minimum exercise and a basic diet change will fix her. I think she has naturally thick hips, which is better than sliced bread. The only thing needed to lose is the mid-section, and she'll have the classic pinup figure.

Tried to, couldn't get a boner for our chubby model. For those saying she has nice tits, you can tell that as soon as she takes off her top her tits are going to go every which way like two rabid weasel in a potato sack.

WNB

Quote: (05-03-2013 08:03 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

her tits are going to go every which way like two rabid weasel in a potato sack.

WNB

Yeah, cause my dick will be plowing between them like an upamored D9.

WB

She's pretty normal looking, just with some extra flab.

If I met her at a bar with a couple of drinks in me and she told me she's a model, a swimsuit model, a swimsuit model for H&M, I'd laugh in her chubby face. I'd bang though.